Back

Signal Primitives

Hello all:

I downloaded a CSV of my stories from RTK1 into Anki.

Now, I am editing those flashcards to incorporate the on and kun readings from RTK2.

One thing I would like to include in the flashcards next to those on-readings that have them, are the "signal primitives". I am doing this so that when I review each card, I will know that it is one of the kanjis where its on-reading can be remembered from its "signal primitive" and I would like to have the actual "signal primitive" on the card next to it.

Of course, many "signal primitives" are not kanji alone. And so I am having difficulty finding a .jpg or other means to incorporate them into my flashcards. Index I at the back of RTK2 has the list of "signal primitives". If only I could get that list on a soft-copy format.

Any suggestions? Thank you so much!

Suzu
There are probably a bunch of sites hosting pirate pdfs of the books in question. Seeing as how you've already bought the paper copy (I assume), the only real difference between downloading a pdf or scanning it yourself is the presumed better quality of the downloaded pdf.

Or you could:
Paste kanji with the primitive in question into MS Word > Up the font size to over 9000 > print screen > paste in MS Paint > remove everything that isn't the signal primitive.
I actually think the latter method might be quicker (and with the added bonus that you can choose which font you want it rendered in), because there aren't that many heisig primitives that aren't proper kanji (or at least exist in unicode). You might find http://www.jisho.org/kanji/radicals/ helpful as well.
Pangolin created an RTK primitive font (called "pangolin font"). If you can't find it by searching the forums (or the link is dead), let me know and I can send it to you. (I don't have time to look right now, sorry.)
August Sale (14th - 25th): 30% OFF Premium PLUS - 25% OFF Premium
JapanesePod101
Walruz and Thora:

Thank you for your help. I got it settled now :o)
(2011-12-19, 5:18 pm)SuzuBell Wrote: Walruz and Thora:

Thank you for your help. I got it settled now :o)

If you're still out there somewhere in cyberspace and reading this, Suzubell, what did you end up doing?  How did you get the RTK2 signal primitives into your flashcards?
(2017-03-15, 8:45 pm)phil321 Wrote: If you're still out there somewhere in cyberspace and reading this, Suzubell, what did you end up doing?  How did you get the RTK2 signal primitives into your flashcards?

I believe all of the RTK signal primitives (except 2 or 3) are encoded in Unicode.

The Kanjium database has these characters in its phonetics data.
(2017-03-15, 11:17 pm)fkb9g Wrote:
(2017-03-15, 8:45 pm)phil321 Wrote: If you're still out there somewhere in cyberspace and reading this, Suzubell, what did you end up doing?  How did you get the RTK2 signal primitives into your flashcards?

I believe all of the RTK signal primitives (except 2 or 3) are encoded in Unicode.

The Kanjium database has these characters in its phonetics data.

Thanks for this.  How do I download the RTK2 signal primitives from this database?  I went to the link but I can't figure it out.  Thanks.