Back

japanese subtitles for films

Oops, I was mistaken. They are not .srt files. They are .idx and .sub files. I tried opening in firefox but to no avail...
I re-watched 告白 (Confessions) a few days ago... that movie is just amazing. I wanted to srs it but japanese .srt subtitles are not available it seems so I started working on it. 600+ lines are covered, ~52 minutes.
I definately appreciate the work of the people who provide subtitles a LOT more now haha, it's more mind-boggling than I expected.

I'll try to get it done this weekend.
"I re-watched 告白 (Confessions) a few days ago... that movie is just disturbing." <--- FIXED
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
keikei Wrote:I re-watched 告白 (Confessions) a few days ago... that movie is just amazing. I wanted to srs it but japanese .srt subtitles are not available it seems so I started working on it. 600+ lines are covered, ~52 minutes.
I definately appreciate the work of the people who provide subtitles a LOT more now haha, it's more mind-boggling than I expected.

wait so do you have the japanese subs? are you making japanes subs? i don't get what you mean...
Edited: 2011-08-27, 10:19 am
keikei Wrote:I re-watched 告白 (Confessions) a few days ago... that movie is just amazing. I wanted to srs it but japanese .srt subtitles are not available it seems so I started working on it. 600+ lines are covered, ~52 minutes.

i need that japanese subtitle for my 'ronbun' can you help me? thanks before Smile
Subs for soredemo boku wa yattenai. (folder contains the original korean subtitle and the subtitle files google translated to japanese)
It's google translated from korean to japanese... It's really helpful compared to no subs or english subs .
I couldn't find the japanese subs.
OPENING SCENE
00:00:29,900 --> 00:00:41,900
" An Innocent shall not be punished,
even if 10 true offenders slip away "
『十人の真犯人を逃すとも
一人の無辜を罰するなかれ』
【Google Translation from Korean subtitle】
【"10人の罪人を逃すも、】
【罪のない人をボルハジマルジだ"】

SCENE: INSIDE THE TRAIN
00:01:13,807 --> 00:01:14,865
Groper!
女の声:「チカーン!」
【痴漢ですよ!】

00:01:15,108 --> 00:01:19,169
What?! I wouldn't touch an ugly bitch
like you for a million yen!
大谷:「なんだよ: お前みたいなブス、
百万 もらったって触らないよ!」
【何がどうして?】
【あなたのように醜い年には、お金をポジュォドで触って!】

00:01:19,279 --> 00:01:20,803
Liar! You just touched me with these hands!
女性:「ふざけないで! 触ったじゃない、この手で」
【この手のマンジョトジャンアヨ!】

00:01:20,914 --> 00:01:23,610
Let go, hey!
I'm going to file a complaint!
大谷:「離せよ。ちょっと、おい。
訴えるぞ、 このやろー!」
【これを置かないことができなくて!】
【告訴されてしたいですか?】

SCENE: AT THE POLICE STATION
00:01:24,084 --> 00:01:25,483
Don't act dumb!
山田:「しらばっくれんじゃねえ!」
【時針を離しても無駄だぞ】

00:01:25,585 --> 00:01:27,314
The woman says you touched her!
山田:「女が言っ てんだ! お前に触られたってな」
【あなたがマンジョトダゴ女性がそうじゃない!】

00:01:27,420 --> 00:01:28,580
I didn't do what I didn't do!
大谷:「やってないものは、やってない」
【の一件でなのです!】

00:01:28,688 --> 00:01:31,987
Don't mess with me, you pervert.
I can tell from your face.
山田:「いいかげんにしろよ、この変態!
顔 みりゃ分かんだよ」
【つまんどけ、このビョンテノムア】
【ぴったり見れば知っている】
mygbmygb Wrote:
nest0r Wrote:
mygbmygb Wrote:Im late but thanks for the subtitles. Especially Kaidan. I was Looking for subtitles for this for a long time now and could not find japanese ones.
Do you happen to have 七人の侍 japanese subtitles? thanks.
No problem. One of these days I need to add a few more to round off the total to 50. I don't have Seven Samurai j-subs, but surely, with such an old classic, they're out there someplace? Or at least the transcript...

By the way, that might be a different Kaidan from the one you're possibly thinking of (the older one which is a great film), but I guess after you see the file name you'll realize if it's correct or not. This is the newer Hideo Nakata movie.
Ah yes, you're right, I have the Kaidan from 1964. Sad I don't think I will find subtitles for this movie anywhere...
mygbmygb

Are you still interested in the subtitles for
Kaidan 1964 (Director: Kobayashi) and Seven Samurai 1954 (Director: Kurosawa)?

I'd like to know what you plan to do with these subtitles before I make them available. Smile
I would love them yeah, can you post? Ive never watched those movies and would be able to crystal clear understand them w/subs! please post!
dtcamero Wrote:I would love them yeah, can you post? Ive never watched those movies and would be able to crystal clear understand them w/subs! please post!
Really! Those movies already have English subtitles. Smile

Why is there a need for the Japanese subtitles? Rolleyes
eslang Wrote:
dtcamero Wrote:I would love them yeah, can you post? Ive never watched those movies and would be able to crystal clear understand them w/subs! please post!

We use it to study.
eslang Wrote:

?? I haven't been paying attention to this thread but i thought it was obvious that they want to use the subs to figure out what they're saying when they can't understand the audio. English subs are a pretty broken way to do that.
Well, I can understand the situation where it is meant for study or research purposes. Big Grin

BUT I have come across some cases where the transcription or translation works were plagiarized, and some people even have the audacity to sell it on Ebay or similar sites. :O

Initially, I thought of sending the transcription to mygbmygb only, since he/she had been looking for it for a long time. Instead of mygbmygb responding, it seems there are other folks here who would like to have it as well.

After some consideration about it, I shall post excerpt of the film transcript only on another new thread. Smile
Edited: 2012-03-14, 5:17 am
reviving this thread. it appears nest0r's links don't work. does he still koohii? what are some good search terms to include with the name of the movie to find native subs? I particularly want the subs for Cafe Lumiere/珈琲時光. theeenks
tashippy Wrote:reviving this thread. it appears nest0r's links don't work. does he still koohii? what are some good search terms to include with the name of the movie to find native subs? I particularly want the subs for Cafe Lumiere/珈琲時光. theeenks
Here it is...
http://shooter.cn/xml/sub/44/44515.xml

Just search Cafe Lumiere (in English) or 珈琲時光 (in Japanese/Chinese) or Coffee Jikou/Coffee Jiko (in Romanji), and look for the key word 日 under 字幕语种: 英简繁日 and the format type is vobsub (idx.sub) in this case.
simple enough. thank you very much Big Grin
hi eslang, do you have those seven samurai subs that you mentioned earlier? or any other kurosawa subs for that matter...? thanks!
hi dtcamero, i have the film script and still working on other kurosawa film subs. it's unlikely i will publish the whole stuff anywhere since all his works are (intensively) copyright.

however if you're still keen on learning more, you may ask about certain segment and post your script based on what you hear/understand, then i shall amend(?) or put up the relevant part of that script.

btw, i remember there is a preparation (reserve) script on Tora.
you can read it here:
シナリオ準備稿「虎 虎 虎」 [黒澤 明,小國英雄,菊島隆三]
http://binb-store.com/index.php?main_pag...s_id=12548
tashippy Wrote:reviving this thread. it appears nest0r's links don't work. ...
It would appear that the link in the first edit of the OP is still working.
dtcamero Wrote:hi eslang, do you have those seven samurai subs that you mentioned earlier? or any other kurosawa subs for that matter...? thanks!
i stumble upon a place hidden with those k.a. samurai subs! please check your mail.
I'd like to request for someone to re-upload the Japanese subtitle file for おくりびと.
Tried the links to files that contain this sub, but none of them seem to be working anymore.

Thanks in advance!
wribbit Wrote:I'd like to request for someone to re-upload the Japanese subtitle file for おくりびと.
Tried the links to files that contain this sub, but none of them seem to be working anymore.

Thanks in advance!
I'd like this as well. I recently befriended a guy who is planning to take over (or maybe the plan was kind of set for him as the eldest son) his father's 葬儀屋. So now I want to watch the movie again to learn about that profession.
cb4960 Wrote:
tashippy Wrote:reviving this thread. it appears nest0r's links don't work. ...
It would appear that the link in the first edit of the OP is still working.
found a full script of kokuhaku - online.
http://blog.yeshj.com/zozl/articles/1667654.html

I saw the movie recently~ really interesting and disturbing.
Edited: 2013-12-24, 10:37 am
Late bump but can anyone upload the list from the first link in the OP to Mega or something? Multiup is absolutely obnoxious when it comes to ads (I have to disable my adblock to download anything from there). Or just Still Walking would be fine. But it's probably better for most people to just have acces to a Mega link instead of venturing into the horror that is Multiup.