Back

Final Countdown

I'm past the 3/4 mark, but not yet at the end... I'm counting down now instead of up, which seems like a new milestone Smile 300 to go....
Keep it up.
Man, you really got my hopes up. I was thinking "oh my gosh, someone found a J-pop cover of the best 80's song, nay the greatest song EVER!"
JapanesePod101
COME ON!

(if anyone ever managed to get Arrested Development in Japanese, I would love you forever.)
keep at it, never give up. They said you could never make it, but you proved them wrong!
sarek05 Wrote:Man, you really got my hopes up. I was thinking "oh my gosh, someone found a J-pop cover of the best 80's song, nay the greatest song EVER!"
Was just listening to that song yesterday [while working on a story for Europe frame], which is no doubt the subliminal reason I chose this title. Sorry for the disappointment, but as consolation, here are a few clips with scenes from Kenshin set to Final Countdown:

… re=related
272 to go.... I can see the Sign of the Snake off in the distance...
Sign of the snake? There is no sign of the snake! It 巳vaporated!
^
Bazzing
urpwnd Wrote:COME ON!

(if anyone ever managed to get Arrested Development in Japanese, I would love you forever.)
"Right, like the guy in a 5000 dollar suit is going to hold the elevator for a guy in a 300 dollar suit! COME ON!" Seriously though, somebody in Japan needs to check if they carry that series at the local rental, and rip and upload a torrent please.

Congrats on getting close though, counting down seems like a good idea, makes the goal seem more attainable.
Dude, only 160 left. I could practically do that all in one sitting if I had enough tea and pixie stix.
267 left: 10 lessons to go. Igordesu, I've got your taillights in view, 107 frames before we have a collision.... unless, of course, you finish your exams 'n papers and step on the gas again Smile
I'm only up to 1510 not exactly onto the counting down part, I'm more at the stage of airguitaring to the awesome solo of the song at this stage.
@harrow: yes, I really wanna power-finish in two days and just be like "BAM! I'm EMERIL, AND I OWN Y'ALL KANJI! Booyah!" But...slow and steady wins the race when you're in college Smile But be careful cuz...you'll NEVER CATCH ME! I'm the Gingerbread Kanji Beast!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Edited: 2009-03-12, 2:13 pm
Be careful! There is the tendency to take shortcuts in order to reach the end and cheat yourself of what you are here to do. If you are learning more than 15 new kanji an hour, you might not be giving yourself enough time to create a clear image in your mind for the purpose of long term memory.
ah, no worries mate. I rarely do more than 20 a day because of school--usually only do 10. I'm trying be like the tortoise and not race to the end. That way the reviews won't kill me and I'll be able to start on sentences right away Big Grin
bodhisamaya Wrote:Be careful! There is the tendency to take shortcuts in order to reach the end and cheat yourself of what you are here to do. If you are learning more than 15 new kanji an hour
Hey bodhisamaya, you sound like a card-carrying adult superego Smile I seriously doubt I'll finish entering frame #2042 and get a sinking feeling -- oh no, I wish I weren't here yet! However, I promise to own up on the off chance I have that reaction, and you can say "I told you so"!
I forgot to pay my dues. They didn't issue me a new card Sad
Hah! Busted Smile I will admit (feel free to gloat) that I got a miserable 67% correct on today's reviews.
9 lessons and 237 kanji to go. Also got out of my bad review slump, up to 77% percent last night. In last night's review I also had the satisfying experience of many kanji popping into my head fully formed without having to think of the story or the primitives at all....
Just entered the kanji for Lesson 49. Seven Lessons and 190 kanji to go. Will I catch Igordesu? Or will he cross the 2042 frame entry finish line first? Stay tuned...
I confess. I just employed the "power-finish Booyah" method, and the exact same thing happened to me--had about 3 days of abysmal reviews as a result of pushing through too many stories, too quickly. bodhisamaya's warning is absolutely on target---but somehow I can't bring myself to regret giving in to temptation. Smile

Harrow, igordesu, mad vibes and best of luck to you both!
Hey Zanzibar thanks for the good vibes and also thanks for your great stories! I've used quite a few of them. Actually have used quite a few igordesu stories too lately, one reason not to try too hard to pass you, igor Smile
Five lessons and 139 frames to go... doubt I'll catch igordesu before he charges across the finish line for RTK1 but I'm happy to have made it through Lesson 51!
danieldesu Wrote:
urpwnd Wrote:COME ON!

"Right, like the guy in a 5000 dollar suit is going to hold the elevator for a guy in a 300 dollar suit! COME ON!" Seriously though, somebody in Japan needs to check if they carry that series at the local rental, and rip and upload a torrent please.
Where do you get english tv shows with japanese dubs/subs? especially torrents (because they are awesome)

The only places I've found are the various japanese P2P networks, but they have huge requirements (100kb/s up and 40gigs donated hd space for the most active p2p network, perfect dark. I mean seriously? 100kb/s up? thats almost impossible for anybody outside of Japan)