Back

Google Documents - Links to Resources

ibmichuco Wrote:Kazelee, I don't exactly know how to set up a deck with anki. Help???
The Anki site explains this better than I ever could.

cangy Wrote:I guess it's ok to just share the deck (sans images and maybe audio)
Yeah, hit me up if you want mine for core 2000.
kazelee Wrote:Yeah, hit me up if you want mine for core 2000.
oh I just made mine from nukemarine's spreadsheet (vocab and sentence in same fact) with audio from the plugin. I was just thinking it'd make it easier on others if there was one put up on the anki site...
Does any one have the Smart.fm KO2001 course in a spreadsheet ALA Nukemarines Core spreadsheets? I need the vocab item and sentence in the one line so I can focus on the words more than memorising sentences.
August Sale (14th - 25th): 30% OFF Premium PLUS - 25% OFF Premium
JapanesePod101
Herbo, it's not too hard to make the vocab so long as the sentences are listed in the order taken from smart.fm. It's just a bit of copy, paste, mass delete unneeded parts on word processor, then copying over to the spreadsheet.

Problem I've found is getting the sentences in a usable order from Anki. It does not export in order added and there's no way to organize the sentences from what Anki streams from Smart.fm, so it'll take a programming knowledge to edit the plug-in beyond my abilities.
Unfortunately the importer didnt pull them down in order. They are seeming random. Im making some headway in Core 2000 now though so I might give your KO lists a miss until I finish Core 2000 anyway.
In the Tae Kim's one at least, there's a few errors in the readings (I've found maybe 5-10) so be careful. But it was very useful anyway, thanks (I imported it to anki).
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=p...aX_q2GmVSA

This is a transcript of text from updating a PS3. I've been (slowly) writing down the text for the menus and setting in Japanese and Spanish, although so far it's just the update that I've uploaded.

I thought that kind of stuff would be interesting and useful to know, especially if you use computers or other electronics in Japanese (and Spanish), and I can't see anyone getting bent out of shape over the copyright for it.
Added link to Core 6000 vocabulary list in sentence order. Due to odd circumstances I cannot add the sentences yet. Sometime this week I should be able to.
Herbo Wrote:Does any one have the Smart.fm KO2001 course in a spreadsheet ALA Nukemarines Core spreadsheets? I need the vocab item and sentence in the one line so I can focus on the words more than memorising sentences.
Just going to ask this again, has any kind soul got a deck or spreadsheet like this they could share? The order in Core2000 is just horrible. Id really love to give the KO2001 course a go but the way it is pulled down and not having it linked to the vocab makes it a no go for me.
Herbo, I think the latest version of Anki pulls smart.fm sentences with their sentence tag. The sentences in smart.fm are organized by this tag I think. I'm not sure, but I think Anki now matches up vocabulary and sentences.

I think the benefit of these sentence and vocabulary tags is in the future your progress in Anki can be transmitted to smart.fm to update your progress there. What this can mean is if a better list comes out, you can benefit from new items on the list without wading through items you've already studied.
Ok, I uploaded the Smart.fm file for Core 6k parts 1 and 2 in the format I like (vocabulary and sentences linked).

I'll try to get the kanji file up there next.

*Edit - Ok, all the files are up there. The Kanken files should be popular with people around here.
Edited: 2009-04-25, 2:09 am
Well now that we have this nice shiny new section, shouldn't this topic be a sticky?
this is the 1st time i have seen this post... my jaw just hit the ground :O thanks for everyone who contributed... and yeh i love this new section too... i'm looking forward to getting the KO2001 list added on to this Wink
Sorry for being such a noob, but what are these google documents? What are they for? Is it for Anki? I wnat to put tae kim's sentences in Anki, but still don't know where to download them, is it here?

I just found out that I ned to export, but I don't know which option to export, could you help me?
CarolinaCG Wrote:I just found out that I ned to export, but I don't know which option to export, could you help me?
Export a .csv-file. Save it down somewhere then in anki use import and select that .csv file. It is useful to know how to import into anki, but if you want you can use download --> shared deck, in anki and download the tae-kim sentences deck uploaded by nukemarine.
nonpoint Wrote:
CarolinaCG Wrote:I just found out that I ned to export, but I don't know which option to export, could you help me?
Export a .csv-file. Save it down somewhere then in anki use import and select that .csv file. It is useful to know how to import into anki, but if you want you can use download --> shared deck, in anki and download the tae-kim sentences deck uploaded by nukemarine.
I do it and it appears this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GwaZRNnPVVA/Sm...ADtulo.jpg

What should I do now?
Thanks Wink

EDIT: Already solved it Big Grin
Updated the core 6000 spreadsheet with correct sound file names. It has all 4000 facts in one spreadsheet.

EDIT: I just fixed the issue with items 126-250 on the spreadsheet and shared deck. unfortunately you don't have an example sentence for エンジン anymore Smile. The lines are off in nukemarine's spreadsheets that I used to make this one so his need to be fixed as well.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0...3V0E&hl=en

And the forum post with the media files:

http://forum.koohii.com/showthread.php?p...9#pid45279
Edited: 2010-02-15, 10:17 am
Does the Core 6000 cover the same number of kanji as Core 2000, except with more compounds per kanji? Or does it just cover in addition the lesser used kanji?
Don't use the spreadsheet/deck posted by makurabin (it's in the list of shared decks in anki as well). The sentences for many words from word #126 onwards are off by 1 word (the corresponding sentence appears in the line/card of the next word). I started using the deck and only realized that now and don't know how to fix it without losing anki's scheduling information.

E: realized it's not as bad as I thought. Only sentences for 126-250 are wrong (I think)
Edited: 2010-01-25, 6:38 pm
Sequa Wrote:I started using the deck and only realized that now and don't know how to fix it without losing anki's scheduling information.
overwrite fields plugin
So much resources! So much things to SRS. But thanks for who ever put the time and effort into this. They deserve gratitude , well deserved gratitude
Edited: 2010-01-28, 5:09 pm
Sequa Wrote:Don't use the spreadsheet/deck posted by makurabin (it's in the list of shared decks in anki as well). The sentences for many words from word #126 onwards are off by 1 word (the corresponding sentence appears in the line/card of the next word). I started using the deck and only realized that now and don't know how to fix it without losing anki's scheduling information.

E: realized it's not as bad as I thought. Only sentences for 126-250 are wrong (I think)
I fixed the google spreadsheet and the shared deck. If you already imported the spreadsheet while it was messed up you can fix it. The way I did it was delete those cards (Core 6000 step 01 126-250 i think) and then make a separate csv file from the google sheet with just those rows. Then import into anki. They will be new cards again so its not a perfect solution. I don't know how to use that overwrite fields plugin.
kore: core2k+core6k complete, enhanced and sorted by kanji

btw, this was downloaded directly from smart.fm with vocab and sentences together, so no extra kanjification or mismatched vocab/sentences
Edited: 2010-02-27, 4:22 am
Cangy's indexed core list (in above post) in a google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...0VUE#gid=0

Japanese Sentence Patterns For Effective Communication, mined by Fluxcapacitor (original mediafire link: http://forum.koohii.com/showthread.php?tid=2609&page=1). I put this up as a google spreadsheet in case mediafire remove the file (happens a lot...)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...sp=sharing
Edited: 2013-02-11, 7:02 pm
Necromancing just to remind people that we have a wiki where anyone can add info, like that available in this thread.

Reviewing the Kanji Wiki