Back

On frame 1531. 3/4 of the way done!

spoonsman Wrote:Hopefully I can finish the whole thing by New Year's.
I'm trying for this goal, too... recently, I've been adding a lot of kanji, and it seems like an attainable goal to get it done this year. If I can just keep the motivation to finish the 2042, then all I'll need to do is keep of with reviews (while pursing other language-learning tasks and eventually learning more kanji).
Anyone else in the same boat as me? After getting 3/4 of the way done (I posted here very recently) I got a huge burst in motivation. Before, I did 20 a day, always. Now, I do 40, sometimes even more. At this speed, I'll be done way ahead of schedule.
Tobberoth Wrote:Anyone else in the same boat as me? After getting 3/4 of the way done (I posted here very recently) I got a huge burst in motivation. Before, I did 20 a day, always. Now, I do 40, sometimes even more. At this speed, I'll be done way ahead of schedule.
Same. I used to do 0-50 a day, then at the 1,500 point, I did the other 500 in a week.
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
Just added 1531's story.

Once again, thanks for the site!
I did over 200 kanjis these 2 days...don't even feel that hard. Sure timeconsuming but its holidayseason. Feels ***** great to be on frame 1531.
I guess its a downhill, not so much that the kanjis become easier but the fact that I can learn 200 kanjis in 2 days takes away all the mental barriers. Probably will be finished in about 1-1,5 week!
Made it to 1531 today! Another month or so, and I'll be done!
You guys are inspiring! Keep it up!
ALRIGHT FRAME 1531 and it feels good.

To think I am 3/4 of the way through the book is a little hard, it's been a rough journey and my way of thinking has dramatically changes as far as learning kanji goes. What a POWERFUL SYSTEM!!

Thanks for some of the AWESOME primitive names, Mr. T Spiderman, would have been some much rougher times through those lessons otherwise!

A week or two hopefully to be done!
I got my motivation at the halfway point and made it to 1531 today, which is 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Somehow my brain got used to learning kanji and I've been able to sustain 30-50 per day since I finished with Mr T.

Thanks to all of you for your great insights, stories, and community! And thanks to Fabrice for the site, which has been indispensable!
Oh, and a success story! I was looking over my intermediate Japanese textbook, and in the second dialog one student says of another (foreign student) "とても知識豊富なんだよ。" And I thought, "知識豊富", let's see: knowledge-discrimination-bountiful-wealth, so, basically, "he's very knowledgable". And the very next lines are:
ー「ちしきほうふ」って何ですか。
ーいろいろなことを知っているっていうこと。
Score one for Heisig!
Pretty quiet thread. Just passed 3/4 mark. Hitting 60 a day just now, it's taking about 4 hours a day but I should be finished by next weekend.

Thanks for all the stories and the great website. See you in the "Finished RKT1" thread Wink
Just hit 1531 this morning, what a great feeling. After hitting a complete wall for 2 months back at frame 1100 it feels good to see the end is within my grasps. Thanks everyoneSmile
A month and 3 weeks and i've reached 1530. Only 500 more to go!!
Hope to do this before the end of next month.
Omedetou, minna! I'm at 1400 and visiting this thread to get my inspiration up to sprint to 1531. I read that some people hit a wall at 1300 so hurried through that milestone ASAP.
Reached the 3/4 mark this morning, and speeding for all I'm worth for the end. Somehow, knowing there are less than 500 to go makes it all seem so much more doable...
Omedetou Zanzibar! My goal is to get to 1531 this weekend. Thanks for providing inspiration with your example.
Okay, hit 1472 by midnight Saturday. Have a bunch of other stuff to do tomorrow, but I'm at least in striking distance... 59 to go.
Harrow Wrote:Okay, hit 1472 by midnight Saturday. Have a bunch of other stuff to do tomorrow, but I'm at least in striking distance... 59 to go.
Definitely within striking distance. Hell, it's practically in the bag. Just keep pushing through!

Meanwhile, congrats to everyone above for making it this far. And seriously, thanks for all the stories. I can't begin to describe how much they've helped. Lucky for me, y'all already know. Smile
Thanks for your encouragement, Zanzibar! I didn't get my other work done but I did push on and reach 1531. Yatta!!
I FINALLY just input 1531's story. Just over a year so far, minus 2 months' of break. :-(

I'm back up to like 10 a day now, mainly by allowing reviews/fails to pile up a bit. It's more important for me at this point to get all my stories in, even if it messes up my SRSing a little--there'll be plenty of time to just SRS the characters once they are all in.

THANKS for your stories--see you in another ~500!
Finally I get to post here. I'm at 1550! It will take like ten days to finish!
See you in the "I just finished RTK1, please congratulate me" thread.
just reached 1531. I know the end is near but it is getting tougher!! cant wait to just to reviews and not enter stories as lame as that sounds...
Congrats to plumage, Fanki, and zakstern... see you in the Final Countdown soon?
I got though those grass skirt primitives today I'm now at 1550 with an average retention of between 88% and 96% after 2 months of learning.
welcome aboard the good ship 3/4, Machine_Gun_Cat! Great retention Smile