Back

Net matured cards question

I've been adding 15 new cards a day in the core 10k deck for more than two months now and my net matured card per day is 2.5. This seems too low to me. Shouldn't it be higher or is it normal?

These are the stats:
https://imgur.com/a/idBkR

Also the amount of suspended cards seems very high. It could be because I suspend all the cards in katakana and I was very inconsistent doing the reviews in the past. But I'm thinking now it could be because I'm failing too many cards.
Edited: 2018-01-05, 1:13 pm
A couple of things:
1.  It takes a long time to mature a card depending on your settings.  With default settings I believe it will take a little over 2 months days to mature the first card.  If you think about it it makes sense.  For a new card, your steps would be: something like: 1+3+7+17+42=70.
2.  Your mature failure rate is 50%, so you are failing half of the mature cards you see.  Presumably when the next time you see the mature cards you passed the first time, you'll fail half of those, so only 25% mature remaining.  50% is very low.   I would try to get this rate above 70%.  It really makes a big difference on long term retention.
3.  That does seem very high for suspended cards.  Do you have a low leech threshold?  There are about ~500 katakana cards in core.  You have ~4000 suspended.  Perhaps your deck came with some cards already suspended?  I would investigate in the browser.  you can search by '-is:suspended' and determine which cards should be suspended or not.
Edited: 2018-01-08, 4:29 pm
Quote:With default settings I believe it will take a little over 2 months days to mature the first card.

The manual says that "a mature card is one that has an interval of 21 days or greater"

Quote:I would try to get this rate above 70%.  It really makes a big difference on long term retention.

I'm going to try to get it higher. I'm trying to concentrate more during the reps and I'm using more mnemonics. Any ideas of what to do other than that? I wonder if I could be having some memory issues.

Quote: Do you have a low leech threshold?  There are about ~500 katakana cards in core.  You have ~4000 suspended.  Perhaps your deck came with some cards already suspended?  I would investigate in the browser.  you can search by '-is:suspended' and determine which cards should be suspended or not.

The leech threshold is 10 (the default is 7). I did the "is:suspended" and about half of the suspended cards where tagged with "leech", the others don't have a tag so maybe they came suspended with the deck.
JapanesePod101
(2018-01-10, 12:12 pm)Ramazzati Wrote:
Quote:With default settings I believe it will take a little over 2 months days to mature the first card.
The manual says that "a mature card is one that has an interval of 21 days or greater"
Yes, the interval is 21 days or greater, but new cards don't go immediately to 21 days. They first have and interval of 1 day, then 3, then 7, and so on. Add all of those intervals together and it's around 70 days to mature a card if you answer 'good' on every step.
Oh, I get it now.