Back

watch japanese tv for free

Recently MattvsJapan has posted a new YT video about how to watch japanese tv in streaming for free.
I won't put the link here because I don't know if this is considered legal so...
But my question is, is there a chance that they find out this bug and they resolve it so that this hack won't work anymore? How much remote is this possibility?
(2017-12-25, 5:58 pm)cophnia61 Wrote: Recently MattvsJapan has posted a new YT video about how to watch japanese tv in streaming for free.
I won't put the link here because I don't know if this is considered legal so...
But my question is, is there a chance that they find out this bug and they resolve it so that this hack won't work anymore? How much remote is this possibility?

Pretty damn high. Every one of these "free" options eventually evaporates. Hell, so do 75% of the paid options. :-|
(2017-12-25, 6:05 pm)gaiaslastlaugh Wrote:
(2017-12-25, 5:58 pm)cophnia61 Wrote: Recently MattvsJapan has posted a new YT video about how to watch japanese tv in streaming for free.

Pretty damn high. Every one of these "free" options eventually evaporates. Hell, so do 75% of the paid options. :-|

I'm already addicted to this service ._. I can not live without it lol
JapanesePod101
I'm watching it right now and there is an anime called 正解するカド.
It seems interesting but it's already the 8th episode.
Someone knows this show?
Cool.
Edited: 2017-12-26, 7:45 am
This seems too good to be true, wonder if they'll find a way to stop the hack from working. Still, good find and thanks for sharing.
Edited: 2017-12-28, 8:50 am
Thanks cophnia61! I was hoping to watch the new year's eve Rizin events with this but it looks like it's on these channels...
let's talk about the "after"... what if they correct the bug?
Is saving their actual player on my computer of any use if they change the way they stream?
There is a way to reverse engineer the player to obtain the "raw" stream? Or something like that, if it does make sense...

Also, I've checked their domain and it doesn't seem a japanese website. So, it's not an official japanese website? Is it a pirate site? I'm confused...
Yes, it's a third party commercial pirate site. Even more of a reason to rip them off and waste their bandwidth without paying.
(2017-12-26, 6:15 pm)cophnia61 Wrote: let's talk about the "after"... what if they correct the bug?
Is saving their actual player on my computer of any use if they change the way they stream?
There is a way to reverse engineer the player to obtain the "raw" stream? Or something like that, if it does make sense...

Also, I've checked their domain and it doesn't seem a japanese website. So, it's not an official japanese website? Is it a pirate site? I'm confused...

I am not sure if there is a legal alternative for this.... All the apps and sites I know off(even the paid ones) are "illegal" and are hosted somewhere in China.
Does anyone know a site where I can search TV shows that aired in the last week by name or content? I've only been able to find sites that either show current or future shows upon entering a search, or sites that show past content but don't have a search function.

This site would be perfect if there was a way to search: http://timetable.yanbe.net/

These sites don't show past results, unless I'm missing something.
https://tv.yahoo.co.jp/listings/
http://tv.so-net.ne.jp/
Edited: 2017-12-29, 6:58 am
Wow, this exploit has been known about for a while and nobody made a youtube video about it almost guaranteeing it will be fixed....thanks mattvsjapan.
^ Because no one ever checks reddit for mention of their service... Or uses Google to search for discussions mentioning it...

To be clear, complaining that people are spreading the information is one thing, but complaining that the format is a YouTube video is stupid (and I'm only going out of my way to say this because quite a few people left that exact same comment on the video; most of whom knew of the workaround from reddit)

IMO, anyone stupid enough / cheap enough with their bandwidth to code their service that way in the first place isn't going to bother fixing it any time soon. (I'm intentionally leaving out why it's dumb/cheap, though it's real obvious if you look at the workaround)
Given the basic nature of the JavaScript fix - does anyone know if there's a patched apk of the Android app out there? If not I could look into it as it seems to have the same 3 mins view time before showing the notification "feature" which can easily be disabled.
Jesus Christ people, can we stop posting about this? You're gonna ruuuuun it.
It seems that they patched it.
The website owner even commented under mattvsjapan video. Now matt has deleted the yt video after a lot of complaining comments from users (which he deleted too).
my life is meaningless now xD

EDIT: it still works for me... I don't understand !?
Edited: 2018-01-03, 9:16 am
(2018-01-03, 7:31 am)cophnia61 Wrote: It seems that they patched it.
The website owner even commented under mattvsjapan video. Now matt has deleted the yt video after a lot of complaining comments from users (which he deleted too).

Doesn't work for me, had to make an account for the free day trial. I wonder if it'll be easy to hack it again.
(2018-01-03, 10:50 am)Roketzu Wrote:
(2018-01-03, 7:31 am)cophnia61 Wrote: It seems that they patched it.

Doesn't work for me, had to make an account for the free day trial. I wonder if it'll be easy to hack it again.

how is it possible that it still works for me? maybe a cookie thing?

I've tried in incognito mode and it doesn't work. It gives me a message "this is a demo version"
but it seems it's triggered by a timer too so I think it's hackable...

PS: I think that we need a private threat to talk about this, it's better if the admin deletes this thread (and sorry if I opened it ._. )

I've checked the source and it's different. In the "incognito mode" version the old script is gone and there is a new one but it's a mess (obfuscation?).
Edited: 2018-01-03, 11:32 am
I've been watching Japanese tv by searching my show plus douga then downloading it. I like having the file because I can fast forward and rewind by scrolling my mouse and rewinding is pivotal in language learning... also there are some scenes that are hilarious that I want to rewatch.
The tragic part of this is that the hack doesn't work.

The funny part it is that while we've been hard at work hacking the poor guy, he's been offering a free trial you just need an email address for, all along. Takes ten seconds to sign up.
That's too bad :/ if anyone understands something about javascript... there is a "120000" inside that mess which probably is the timer countdown value. Is there a way to edit it on the fly with some sort of code injection?

I liked this because you just tune in and immersion is right there without any need to do anything more, while searching and downloading things require time, not to mention that I have a sh*tty hard-disk
well the thing is there are a couple shows that i love and watch every week( becuase I love them and find them hilarious and not because i feel obligated to get in my "immersion time") so i just go to the same site every week and download.
Edited: 2018-01-03, 6:55 pm
me too, but unfortunately they aren't long enough and these days I need a lot of hours of immersion :/
What shows do you watch? I've searched for some of those that I was watching on streaming before they fixed the hack, but I wasn't able to find them for download. It seems that they share almost only the idol related ones (which I like too btw lol)
the shows i watch are hanseikai, god tongue, ame talk (depending on the topic for the week i may not even watch because some topics are ugh), shabekuri (depending on the guests and i think the show was better in 2008/2009 when it was at its peak), london hearts, darake ( the only quiz show i'll probably ever watch). I watch more but these are the main ones. some of the shows are on this transcription(closed-captioning?) site http://o.x0.com/m/27049 so i reference while watching. i save the html bcause they purge the site weekly or something.

and if you want to get a laptop just for downloading i recommend getting a linux/ubuntu one because they cannot get infected with malware/viruses and stay fast.
Edited: 2018-01-03, 8:31 pm
Meanwhile, my service from JapanNetTV.com continues to work and has done so reliably for a year now. Full Japan TV channel roster (including BS/CS channels) and 14 day cloud based DVR for all channels. You get what you pay for I suppose.

(2018-01-03, 7:32 pm)howtwosavealif3 Wrote: the shows  i watch are hanseikai, god tongue, ame talk (depending on the topic for the week i may not even watch because some topics are ugh), shabekuri (depending on the guests and i think the show was better in 2008/2009 when it was at its peak), london hearts, darake ( the only quiz show i'll probably ever watch). I watch more but these are the main ones. some of the shows are on this transcription(closed-captioning?) site http://o.x0.com/m/27049 so i reference while watching. i save the html bcause they purge the site weekly or something.

and if you want to get a laptop just for downloading i recommend getting a linux/ubuntu one because they cannot get infected with malware/viruses and stay fast.

No computer is immune from viruses and malware. And you can easily avoid virus infections on Windows - it mainly requires not doing stupid crap like executing programs from questionable sources. If a user can’t manage to do even that, I can’t see how they’ll be able to cope with the added complexity of managing an Ubuntu laptop.
Edited: 2018-01-04, 12:54 pm