Back

watch japanese tv for free

(2018-01-03, 4:50 pm)Stansfield123 Wrote: The tragic part of this is that the hack doesn't work.

The funny part it is that while we've been hard at work hacking the poor guy, he's been offering a free trial you just need an email address for, all along. Takes ten seconds to sign up.

It's a commercial piracy service. There's nothing "poor guy" about them.
(2018-01-04, 1:35 pm)wareya Wrote: It's a commercial piracy service. There's nothing "poor guy" about them.

How many times are you planning on posting the same thing?

We already know what the site is, so you're not providing any information. And moralizing about it is both out of place and abjectly boring.
Edited: 2018-01-04, 6:11 pm
Commercial piracy is quite possibly one of the most wicked ventures that people can undertake. There's nothing wrong with what I'm doing when I object to being sympathetic for them.

Rather, I should really be asking why you're trying to sympathize with a commercial piracy service in the first place. Not only are these things basically the reason that legal options are useless, they're damaging to preservation because they turn other pirates away from peering.
Edited: 2018-01-04, 6:58 pm
JapanesePod101
(2018-01-04, 6:57 pm)wareya Wrote: Not only are these things basically the reason that legal options are useless, they're damaging to preservation because they turn other pirates away from peering.

Second part reasonable, first part not so much. If legal anime streaming options have shown us anything, it's that 'legitimate' methods produce subpar results with poor service plus a paywall or excessive number of ad breaks (also, every subtitle language except Japanese). Also, licensing nightmares leaving most of the planet without access to said legitimate service, even if it's worth the money.
Streaming services have still yet to fully figure out that the old methods don't deter piracy anymore, they encourage it.

But yes, if we're going to the high-seas, then sharing is caring; please seed.
Especially those awesome shows that most people don't know about, so that when us poor folk find out about them we can actually get the whole thing.
(2018-01-04, 6:57 pm)wareya Wrote: ...

Still not interested in your moralizing.
Edited: 2018-01-04, 8:10 pm
It's not moralizing.

(2018-01-04, 7:20 pm)sholum Wrote: Second part reasonable, first part not so much. If legal anime streaming options have shown us anything, it's that 'legitimate' methods produce subpar results with poor service plus a paywall or excessive number of ad breaks (also, every subtitle language except Japanese). Also, licensing nightmares leaving most of the planet without access to said legitimate service, even if it's worth the money.
Streaming services have still yet to fully figure out that the old methods don't deter piracy anymore, they encourage it.

But yes, if we're going to the high-seas, then sharing is caring; please seed.
Especially those awesome shows that most people don't know about, so that when us poor folk find out about them we can actually get the whole thing.

The argument for legal foreign TV streaming is different because there is no legal access at all rather than merely having poor quality. Yes, you can find downloads for popular series in relatively high quality on media trackers, but you're not going to find legal access to foreign local news programs anywhere, and something is always better than nothing. With things with so few consumers, commercial pirates with a wide reach always make it hard for legal ventures to find consumers if the commercial pirates precede the legal ones. If you're going to make it hard for legal ventures to operate then you have to do something to make up for it (like decentralization and/or preservation), and commercial pirates don't (because it's against their interests).

Also fuji goes out of their way to appear like a legal service so they're basically trying to scam people that don't want to support piracy.

(sharing is caring, please seed)
Edited: 2018-01-04, 8:38 pm
(2018-01-04, 8:08 pm)wareya Wrote: It's not moralizing.

Don't care.
(2018-01-04, 8:11 pm)Stansfield123 Wrote:
(2018-01-04, 8:08 pm)wareya Wrote: It's not moralizing.

Don't care.

"Don't care so much so that I need to make sure you know I definitely don't care."
Ok, after two days of searching for free alternatives I've given up.
But I've found a good alternative, even if it's not TV in a strict sense, it's still live streaming.
Search for a keyword on youtube and check the "live" option, You won't be able to find drama or anime, but there are a lot of interesting stuff like news, videogames and so on.

Another alternative: check for 番組 and similare keywords, and check the following options: "added today" and "long content".
This way you'll have every day new and long content to use as immersion without any effort (no download, no search for anime titles and so on).
Edited: 2018-01-06, 10:10 am
At a pinch, and if you’re not too fussy and just want something streaming in the background, there’s always QVC Japan’s live feed

http://qvc.jp/cont/live/Main
I haven't seen anyone mention the live stream of ANN's JapaNews24 on Youtube.
Thank you Woodgar and gc_3k, I'm watching them and they're good enough as all I need is a constant stream of japanese in the background at hand
(2018-01-07, 5:51 am)Woodgar Wrote: At a pinch, and if you’re not too fussy and just want something streaming in the background, there’s always QVC Japan’s live feed

http://qvc.jp/cont/live/Main

I forgot how enjoyable the QVC stream was for learning purposes. Very high word per minute and good quality video/audio. Excellent formal diction exercise. 

Don't see any 字幕 on the web.

Super convincing salespeople so always need to be careful not to buy lots of stupid stuff!
Another thing... that site, fujitv, is there any way to save the streaming? What is the easiest way to do it, supposing that I subscribe to the service?
(2018-01-07, 10:49 pm)cophnia61 Wrote: Another thing... that site, fujitv, is there any way to save the streaming? What is the easiest way to do it, supposing that I subscribe to the service?

I know a guy who's very good at these kinds of things (does it a lot, shares a lot of Japanese content), and he hasn't found a way to capture the stream.

In theory you can, of course, but there's no easy way.
(2018-01-07, 10:49 pm)cophnia61 Wrote: Another thing... that site, fujitv, is there any way to save the streaming? What is the easiest way to do it, supposing that I subscribe to the service?

If you subscribe to that service, then you can always use a screen recording software, which will record anything on the screen including sound even if it's muted on your computer. I use Bandicam and I have recorded countless streams.

You need to be careful because the files can get pretty big if the settings / encoders are not optimum.
Thank you guys! I hoped to find a way to directly download the stream of the already aired shows, but even in real time it is better than nothing xD