Back

Best platform/social?

First of all thank you for your help in my other threads and sorry if I didn't answer but I had limited access to the internet.
To be sincere I've enjoied my time far from internet and computers. I've listened and read a lot in japanese and I've experimented new ways to practice and improve my japanese.
I've came to some realizations and one of those is that if I try to use a word/sentence/grammar, it sticks much better.
Now I want to open a blog or a social network profile but I don't know where. I use facebook in my L1 and I like it but it seems that Japanese people don't use it that much.
I've tried Twitter but I don't like it. It seems that it revolves around following celebrities but maybe it deserves a aecond try.
I like instagram but the writing aspect is very limited.
An idea is to upload interesting photos followed by some thoughts written by me.
So that japanese people would follow me to check the photos and the they would read my description too. And maybe even leaving some comments.
What platform would be the best to do this?
You could try lang-8.com. I haven't used the site in a while, though, so I'm not sure how active it is.
tumblr would be great for this.  not sure how ubiquitous it is in japan, but maybe.
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
Quote:You could try lang-8.com. I haven't used the site in a while, though, so I'm not sure how active it is.

I used it in the past, it is great for corrections and I loved it! But other users are there mostly for corrections, and they correct your posts to get points and there isn't really a social aspect behind than. Surely, you can make friends there, and it helps that they are learning english so they are more open do non-japanese friends.

Quote:tumblr would be great for this.  not sure how ubiquitous it is in japan, but maybe.

I'll try tumblr but I had already an account on it in the past and I remember that it revolves mostly around repost (like a sort of retweet), where you share something that you like, but there weren't many excange of comments if I remember right. But I'll give it a second try Tongue

In the end I'm trying Twitter againd and it's not so bad. The hard part is to make other people follow you but I've seen that if you follow people with a low number of followers, usually they follow you back.