Back

Japanese book store, London?

Hey i remember people discussing a Japanese book store in London as a good place to buy cheap books but I can't remember what it was called. I think it might have been mainly a second hand store but not sure. Does anyone know what I'm talking? It's name/location/does it still exist/did I imagine it?

I'm going to London soon and was looking forward to visiting this place.
Probably Adanami Shobo near Piccadilly Circus, though I haven't yet got round to going to look at it since I live outside London. They have no web presence of their own, hence the yelp link. Note that they have never bothered to get the sign redone since they moved in, so it claims to be a dry cleaners...

(The Japan Centre is in the same area so you might as well drop in there too, though that's all new stuff that you'll likely be able to get online or elsewhere so of less interest.)
Edited: 2017-08-16, 10:03 am
Wow what a weird shop! I don't think that's the one I had heard of but I suppose it will do just as well. Smile

If anyone else knows of others I would love to hear about them.
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
(2017-08-16, 9:58 am)pm215 Wrote: Probably Adanami Shobo near Piccadilly Circus, though I haven't yet got round to going to look at it since I live outside London. They have no web presence of their own, hence the yelp link. Note that they have never bothered to get the sign redone since they moved in, so it claims to be a dry cleaners...
I was in London today so I had the chance to drop in -- it's not a very big place but it has as many books as they can stuff into a narrow aisle of bookshelves. Prices would be merely so-so, except they have a sale on right now that gives discounts for buying more than one book by an author. I got 11 books for under 20 quid, and I could have done better except I didn't understand how their sale pricing worked. All books are shrink-wrapped. Overall, definitely worth dropping by if you're in London but not worth a special trip.