Back

Japanese Language Study Log: Skullclutter

So the holidays again have thrown me off course.

I've spent some time reviewing, but I'm finally making forward progress again. I've got a lot going on this year, so I've decided to revise my goal to be N4 this December. I'm spending a lot of time trying to get my house ready for sale this summer, and I've also gotten back into practicing Piano, so I'll probably end up doing a chapter every two weeks, if not slower.

Bare minimum daily is going to be keeping up with Anki.

So Far:
Genki Chapter 11 - finished textbook grammar, halfway through workbook grammar
Anki - Caught up on grammar, working on vocab backlog
KKLC - No progress

This Week:
Genki - Finish Chapter 11
Anki - clear vocab backlog, start chapter 11 vocab
KKLC - no plans
Got caught up with my vocab backlog on Anki! Final step to get caught up is to tackle the kanji backlog. Shouldn't take too long.

As far as Genki goes, I've finished everything except for the listening exercise, but that won't take too long so it's as good as finished.

Last Week:
Genki Chapter 11 - finished everything but the listening
Anki - Caught up on Vocab!
KKLC - No progress

This Week:
Genki - Finish up to Chapter 12 grammar section & textbook questions
Anki - clear KKLC backlog
Not much progress this week, was feeling pretty lethargic. Didn't even manage to keep up with Anki.
My order for Level 1 of the Graded Readers came in last week, though, so I did manage some reading. I read the first two stories of volume 1 so far. They're so depressing! I hope the rest of them cheer up.

As far as Genki goes, I entered the Chapter 12 vocab into Anki and took notes on the new grammar points but didn't do any exercises.

Last Week:
Genki - Took grammar notes for chapter 12.
Anki - about half as much as I should have

This Week:
Genki - Chapter 12 grammar section questions
Anki - Clear backlog
Breakthrough Sale! Get 28% OFF Basic, Premium or Premium PLUS! (until March 2)
JapanesePod101
Lots of progress this week Smile   
Should hopefully be finished Genki 1 soon. I'm going to take the JCAT once I'm done Genki 1 to see where any weak spots are.

Genki:
Finished the textbook grammar questions, two pages to go in the workbook.
Next week's goal: Finish Chapter 12.

Anki:
Cleared my backlog! Should be ready to start adding in KKLC again.

Reading:
Read JGR Level 1, Vol 1, #3, started on #4, but didn't finish.
Next week's goal: Finish #4, read #5

Listening:
I signed up for SuperNative last week and played around with Listen & Recall. Seems interesting.
I'm going to start with a goal of 15 minutes, twice per week and then try to increase things from there.
Edited: 2018-02-20, 9:08 am
Great job! Looks I''ll wait for your evaluation of SuperNative after all, since I've decided to make the most of the routine I'm currently doing without messing too much with new resources at the moment, as that can become really time consuming wether I use them or not in the end Confused

What are your plans after Genki 1? Are your going straight to the next book?
(2018-02-20, 2:55 pm)metalosaurio Wrote: Great job! Looks I''ll wait for your evaluation of SuperNative after all, since I've decided to make the most of the routine I'm currently doing without messing too much with new resources at the moment, as that can become really time consuming wether I use them or not in the end Confused

What are your plans after Genki 1? Are your going straight to the next book?

I'll let you know my opinion after I've tried it for a week or two.

My plans after Genki 1 are to jump into Genki 2. I have a few other commitments in my free time besides Japanese, so I'll probably stick to the two weeks per chapter schedule I've been on so far. I've also been looking into using Bunpro for grammar review.