Back

Manually importing .apkg file in AnkiDroid?

Hi to everyone, new user here.

I was hoping to ask for the help of the forum:
I exported a deck from Anki desktop (N5 Kanji.apkg), but I cannot import it into AnkiDroid.

Has anyone successfully imported an Anki deck manually to AnkiDroid (without using sync)?

Thank you very much for your time and help!
-saitama.sensei
Doesn't it tell you what to do when tapping 'import'? On my phone it says to place the file in '/storage/emulated/0/AnkiDroid' although it may differ on your device. Some Android devices don't have a preinstalled file manager so you may need to download one.
(2017-07-21, 5:33 pm)k0t0ba Wrote: Doesn't it tell you what to do when tapping 'import'? On my phone it says to place the file in '/storage/emulated/0/AnkiDroid' although it may differ on your device. Some Android devices don't have a preinstalled file manager so you may need to download one.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
Can you manually import files successfully to your phone k0t0ba-san?

I get the same message, but I checked my phone folder directory and that folder does not exist.
I browse my phone folders by connecting it to my MacBook and using Android File Transfer.

Hoping for more opinions, thank you.
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
If your Android device has multiple storage "areas" (most likely it has), like an external sd memory and/or one or several internal partitions, you'll want to make sure which one is AnkiDroid using for storage, and then double check that's the one you're putting your file into.
Just tap the .apkg in your Android file browser (if you don't have one, install one such as "Amaze").
That will automatically launch AnkiDroid and the import will start.
https://ankidroid.org/docs/manual.html#importing

A more convenient way is to use synchronization, of course.
https://ankidroid.org/docs/manual.html#AnkiDesktop

Thanks for using AnkiDroid!
Nicolas Raoul
hm.hm.hm
Edited: 2017-07-31, 4:44 am
Dear Nicolas Raoul,

I've never done this so I thought it's time for me to say great Thank You for your time, effort and energy you gave into development of AnkiDroid. I use your little gem on daily basis (as probably many many of people here...) and it is hard for me to express how much reviewing on my mobile phone instead of my desktop machine effected my studies.

I don't think your application needs any changes as far as the UI is concerned - any reasonable person should be able to find their way to do what they want, even if that requires a little effort (and BTW, it's not hard to imagine that certain amount of time should be required for familiarisation with the tool).

Kindest Regards,
Inny Jan
Hi to everyone, and hi to Nicolas-san.
Thank you for your replies.

I looked at the AnkiDroid manual, and tried to add a deck to AnkiDroid by double-clicking it on my phone, but the error message below appears.

I use AnkiDroid everyday on my smartphone, but for some reason I cannot add a deck.
If I add a collection, it is successful though.

Would appreciate any insight, thank you very much,
・サイタマ先生

[Image: 7iT3dL.png]

みなさん、朗報です!

I was able to add my deck to AnkiDroid!
I just had to put it in the [AnkiDroid] folder in my smartphone, open AnkiDroid, and add the deck via [Import] in the AnkiDroid menu.
うれしい〜〜〜!

Thank you very much for everyone's time and help!
サイタマ
Edited: 2017-08-08, 10:40 pm