Back

Japanese Language Study Log: mintou

徘徊皆様へ
On the 16th of July, 2017 I reached a minor milestone of 5,000 words with my Anki vocab deck, and so decided to create some sort of study log for progression monitoring.

閲歴・脱線
For a bit of background, I've been on and off studying for the past three years. In that time I've read a few dozen volumes of manga, bits and pieces of other things here and there online, watched a lot of mostly English subtitled anime, and pecked at a few introductory Japanese grammar guides. Turns out frequent stretches of months without reading or revision means a lot of mostly forgotten things: 徒労に終わる。

Short Term Aims and goals:
※ read more while progressively having to look up less
※ read through entire backlog

Long term Aims and goals:
※ (´・ω・`)

Here is an Anki visualisation of where I am at with consistent study, if you could call it that. I use a self made vocabulary deck but for reference it is similar to the Core10k deck, only with more words and kanji coverage.

Here is a spreadsheet covering the mined words aspect of the vocab deck. All cards are suspended to make way for mined words, then set back to their normal ordering when there are no new mined words waiting to be imported, which has been fairly often since I've been slack.

Study:
As of this post, my "study" consists of reviewing/adding vocabulary with Anki on a daily basis, and reading. Among other things, manga was the underlying reason for deciding to start learning Japanese and so at the moment, it is also my main interest and reading.

A list of what I've read AND mined from, since everything read in the past may as well have been in English, given how much of the Japanese was forgotten over time:

よつばと! (volumes 1~13) - by あずまきよひこ
ゆるゆり (volumes 1~15) - by なもり
大室家 (volumes 1~2) - by なもり
三ツ星カラーズ (volumes 1~3) - by カツヲ
ひとりぼっちの○○生活 (volumes 1~3) - by カツヲ

Currently reading:
となりの吸血鬼さん - by 甘党

Since this is a progress log I'll try to stick with monthly updates.

[Image: gjDUUCH.jpg]
かわいいは、正義
Edited: 2017-07-18, 2:42 am
Welcome mintou!

PSA from your friendly forum admin: add https:// prefix for image to embed in the post.
(2017-07-17, 5:10 pm)ファブリス Wrote: Welcome mintou!

PSA from your friendly forum admin: add https://  prefix for image to embed in the post.

Thanks for the PSA and welcome, ファブリス。
JapanesePod101