Back

Akira to subs2srs

I'm trying to get into the whole subs2srs thing, and I figured I'd start with one of my favorite Japanese movies.  However I can't find Japanese subtitles for the movie anywhere (actually found .sup files but they aren't in text format so I can't input them into the program).  If I bought the DVD would I be able to get subtitles off of it?  I'm sort of surprised to see such a canonical movie so neglected compared to other stuff that's readily available as subs2srs decks.
(2017-07-14, 7:00 pm)ilovemykidsanddogs Wrote: I'm trying to get into the whole subs2srs thing, and I figured I'd start with one of my favorite Japanese movies.  However I can't find Japanese subtitles for the movie anywhere (actually found .sup files but they aren't in text format so I can't input them into the program).  If I bought the DVD would I be able to get subtitles off of it?  I'm sort of surprised to see such a canonical movie so neglected compared to other stuff that's readily available as subs2srs decks.

If you get a dvd that has japanese subtitles, they will be in picture format, not text format.
i bought the blu-ray disc, which had regular text subtitles, and made a subs2srs deck from it.
i've got anki generating 4000 text-to-speech files at the moment, but when that's finished i'll see if I can upload it and i'll attach a link here for you...
JapanesePod101
(2017-07-16, 12:45 pm)dtcamero Wrote: i bought the blu-ray disc, which had regular text subtitles, and made a subs2srs deck from it.
i've got anki generating 4000 text-to-speech files at the moment, but when that's finished i'll see if I can upload it and i'll attach a link here for you...

Thank you so much!
so here it is. it's only about 500 cards... they are 10 years old and have been heavily edited over that time. I only kept the challenging ones, the others like "hey run" got deleted over the years. but you can also just make the full deck for yourself if you want the rest...it's not very hard.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4gYfV...FVoclRrNG8
Edited: 2017-07-17, 12:15 am
(2017-07-17, 12:15 am)dtcamero Wrote: so here it is. it's only about 500 cards... they are 10 years old and have been heavily edited over that time. I only kept the challenging ones, the others like "hey run" got deleted over the years. but you can also just make the full deck for yourself if you want the rest...it's not very hard.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4gYfV...FVoclRrNG8

Thank you this is great.  I may try and add more manually myself if I can manage it.