Back

How to make practice kanji sheets?

Does everyone know how to make sheet practice like this website https://nihongoichiban.com/tag/pdf-kanji-worksheets/
is there any software to make it?
Thank you very much
Edited: 2017-07-06, 9:05 pm
Mmm, I guess part of it could be automated. If you know how to code, you could use pdf bindings in your favorite programming language.

Anyway, not much of it could benefit from that. Simply having a template to manually fill in the info for each page sounds as not a lot of additional work anyway. You could do that in a number of word processors, for instance.

There's also the middle ground between both approaches: LaTeX. In a way, is like a programming language for text processing.

If you don't mind the question, what is it that you're trying to accomplish? I mean, those sheets are already freely available, so I'm sure you have something in mind. Maybe we could help you if we know more details.

On a side note, those sheets don't strike me as particularly good. Take into account a big proportion of the people around this forum are Heisig's "Remembering the Kanji" advocates, so writing a kanji more than twice or three times when learning it for the first time, or more than once when reviewing it, is probably regarded as a waste of time from our perspective ;-).
(2017-07-06, 10:09 pm)faneca Wrote: Mmm, I guess part of it could be automated. If you know how to code, you could use pdf bindings in your favorite programming language.

Anyway, not much of it could benefit from that. Simply having a template to manually fill in the info for each page sounds as not a lot of additional work anyway. You could do that in a number of word processors, for instance.

There's also the middle ground between both approaches: LaTeX. In a way, is like a programming language for text processing.

If you don't mind the question, what is it that you're trying to accomplish? I mean, those sheets are already freely available, so I'm sure you have something in mind. Maybe we could help you if we know more details.

On a side note, those sheets don't strike me as particularly good. Take into account a big proportion of the people around this forum are Heisig's "Remembering the Kanji" advocates, so writing a kanji more than twice or three times when learning it for the first time, or more than once when reviewing it, is probably regarded as a waste of time from our perspective ;-).
  Actually I want to make Flashcard to sell, that why i need kanji strokes. Do you know about it, i mean programming language, I know it but i'm not a pro, can you tell me detail, maybe i can do it, sorry I'm not good at English. Thank you very much    Smile
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
Ok, so if I got it right, what you really want is the stroke information on the kanji.
Here you have some interesting resources that may be of some use to you:
  • KanjiStrokeOrders font: This is a typographic font with ordinal numbers added at the starting point of every stroke (kanji and kana, pretty complete and pretty accurate).
  • KanjiSVG: A set of SVG files depicting more or less the same thing. You can see those in action here.
(2017-07-06, 11:31 pm)faneca Wrote: Ok, so if I got it right, what you really want is the stroke information on the kanji.
Here you have some interesting resources that may be of some use to you:
  • KanjiStrokeOrders font: This is a typographic font with ordinal numbers added at the starting point of every stroke (kanji and kana, pretty complete and pretty accurate).
  • KanjiSVG: A set of SVG files depicting more or less the same thing. You can see those in action here.

Sorry, I just logged in Koohii, I'm so happy to receive it, I'll try it ^^. Thank for helping me Smile Smile
In case you just want to practice writing: http://kanjisheets.com/