Back

Anyone have a unecrypted csv/database of the rtk kanji?

I am trying to make an application to help learn kanji but it has been a pain trying to find a spreadsheet I can use to make my life easier!!! Anyone know of any? I've looked some anki decks and other things ive googled on the web but nope all encrpyted. Anyone know of anything?
RTK is a book which is still under copyright.. maybe that's why its hard to find a database of its content..
Kanji -> radicals.
http://nihongo.monash.edu/kradinf.html

also try searching
"Comprehensive List of Heisig Radicals - Google Sheets"
(2017-06-23, 8:38 pm)GlorisAeria Wrote: I am trying to make an application to help learn kanji but it has been a pain trying to find a spreadsheet I can use to make my life easier!!! Anyone know of any? I've looked some anki decks and other things ive googled on the web but nope all encrpyted. Anyone know of anything?

I just sent you a PM.

(2017-06-23, 8:38 pm)GlorisAeria Wrote: I am trying to make an application to help learn kanji but it has been a pain trying to find a spreadsheet I can use to make my life easier!!! Anyone know of any? I've looked some anki decks and other things ive googled on the web but nope all encrpyted. Anyone know of anything?

Actually here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...l=en#gid=0
Edited: 2017-06-24, 8:19 am
MONSTER Sale Get 28% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS! (Oct 16 - 27)
JapanesePod101
Sad 
http://prntscr.com/fnn0fz

I can't find any... I think I might just have to suck it up and make my own. Sad
Edited: 2017-06-24, 3:31 pm by ファブリス
You mean you can't see the excel spreadsheet on google docs?  Something is wrong with your computer set up then.
No, I can't open it up on a SQL database because it is encrypted with a password.
Why can't you just download the excel file from google docs onto your hard drive, open the excel file  and then copy and paste all the data into a new excel file or text file?
(2017-06-24, 8:11 am)phil321 Wrote:

I just sent you a PM.

Wow, this is an awesome contribution to anyone who wants to experiment with this material. Thank you for creating it!
(2017-06-24, 11:08 am)phil321 Wrote: Why can't you just download the excel file from google docs onto your hard drive, open the excel file  and then copy and paste all the data into a new excel file or text file?

Right - if the issue is that OP wants to use it in mySql or a similar SQL database, they can save this Excel as .CSV and easily import it.
(2017-06-24, 11:10 am)ariariari Wrote:
(2017-06-24, 8:11 am)phil321 Wrote:

I just sent you a PM.

Wow, this is an awesome contribution to anyone who wants to experiment with this material. Thank you for creating it!

Actually I didn't create the google docs excel file.  I was going to send you my own much simpler spreadsheet but then I remembered the google docs one from another koohii thread.  Whoever created that spreadsheet performed a great service for Japanese learners.
"Whoever created that spreadsheet performed a great service for Japanese learners."

Thank you. When I went through RTK I often cross-checked the keywords with other sources before making a final choice of which one to use. I thought others might find the data useful, hence the spreadsheet.
(2017-06-25, 9:07 am)Katsuo Wrote: I thought others might find the data useful, hence the spreadsheet.

Heart
Edited: 2017-06-25, 9:37 am
(2017-06-24, 11:22 am)gaiaslastlaugh Wrote:
(2017-06-24, 11:08 am)phil321 Wrote: Why can't you just download the excel file from google docs onto your hard drive, open the excel file  and then copy and paste all the data into a new excel file or text file?

Right - if the issue is that OP wants to use it in mySql or a similar SQL database, they can save this Excel as .CSV and easily import it.

Well I've tried doing just that, but they were encrypted so I couldn't.
What do you mean they were encrypted? That seems unlikely.

In the first post, you said even the Anki decks were encrypted, and far as I know that's not a thing that happens.

...oh wait....

Quote:http://prntscr.com/fnn0fz
No, I can't open it up on a SQL database because it is encrypted with a password.
I'm guessing you're trying to open files in your database program that it just doesn't understand how to read, and it thinks they might be encrypted. If you tell us what program you're using, we might be able to help convert the file. But if this is the case, there's nothing wrong with any of these files, and it's like trying to open an Excel file in Paint.
Edited: 2017-07-04, 6:49 am