Back

Kanji Ryokucha for iPhone & iPad out now!

(2017-07-08, 1:42 pm)porukkusu Wrote: As for syncing getting stuck, that sounds awful -- I never got it nor got any other reports on that. Are you now totally unable to submit your reviews? I wonder what is causing this for you. How may cards are you trying to submit? does that review include any of the non-RTK kanji? If so let me know which ones so I can check whether the app has issues with them.

In that session, I completed approximately 50 reviews. The sync appeared to go partway and then stop with 28 (or so) remaining.

I worked around the issue by re-completing the affected reviews on the website.

I will let you know if it happens again. It's possible that I did something to cause the problem (like delete one of the kanji through the website during a review session on the app).
(2017-07-08, 4:30 pm)fkb9g Wrote: In that session, I completed approximately 50 reviews. The sync appeared to go partway and then stop with 28 (or so) remaining.

I worked around the issue by re-completing the affected reviews on the website.

I will let you know if it happens again. It's possible that I did something to cause the problem (like delete one of the kanji through the website during a review session on the app).

Syncing is done in batches because the API imposes a limit in the number of answers that can be sent at once. The batches are sent in succession, so you can see it go partway, but then it would normally carry on with the next batch unless something goes wrong.

I will see if I can reproduce the scenario by deleting a card or something.
Thanks for the feedback!
(2017-07-08, 4:30 pm)fkb9g Wrote: I will let you know if it happens again. It's possible that I did something to cause the problem (like delete one of the kanji through the website during a review session on the app).

Guess what, this was exactly the issue. The API can't handle well submitting an answer for a card you have deleted, then the app never gets confirmation from the site that the answers were saved.

It's an unusual scenario but let's see what we can do about it Smile
August Sale (14th - 25th): 30% OFF Premium PLUS - 25% OFF Premium
JapanesePod101
Fabrice has fixed the issue at the server side, you shouldn't get stuck like that again.
This could happen on desktop too if you delete a card in one tab while pursuing review with the given card in another tab.

So thanks for reporting the issue.
Here's another bug report for the iOS app.

When I review a card, then press flip, and then press flip back, I get a blank view—just a big white rectangle covering most of the screen with no text or controls present. At this point, the only way out is to kill and re-launch the app.
(2017-07-13, 1:18 am)fkb9g Wrote: Here's another bug report for the iOS app.

When I review a card, then press flip, and then press flip back, I get a blank view—just a big white rectangle covering most of the screen with no text or controls present. At this point, the only way out is to kill and re-launch the app.

What's your device / OS version? Does it happen everytime with any card?
So far I'm unable to reproduce the issue.
(2017-07-13, 8:14 am)porukkusu Wrote: What's your device / OS version? Does it happen everytime with any card?
So far I'm unable to reproduce the issue.

Yes, it appears to happen every time with every card.

I'm on iOS 10.3.2 (14F89) and iPhone 6s (MKT32LL/A).
Oh I found it !!! I bet you have turned animations off on the settings tab.
If so, for the time being I suggest you turn them back on. I will publish a fix as soon as I can.
Thanks for the report!
Version 1.2.1 is out with a few fixes, most notably it fixes the bug discussed above where the flip back button yields a blank card if you had animations turned off.
Thank you! I've upgraded and the problem has been resolved.
The ability to undo a single review would be helpful. (Sometimes I mark a review incorrectly.)
(2017-07-19, 9:20 am)fkb9g Wrote: The ability to undo a single review would be helpful. (Sometimes I mark a review incorrectly.)

You mean giving the wrong answer, like you meant No but you tapped Yes?
In such case return to the previous card (via Options) and simply answer again.