Back

my huge personal collection of japanese resources- all hosted on onedrive

hi everyone!
very new to the forums, but i thought i'd contribute with my personal onedrive folder full of japanese resources. been collecting for about 2 years, and the size of the folder clocks in at a pretty big 85gb (as of time posted)!

i update it fairly frequently, albeit in pieces because my internet is pretty damn slow. nevertheless, you are all free to download what you like from it or view them in your browser!
folder contains things such as textbooks, audio courses, video courses, apps, etc!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjxslawC07VchONzHWVFPkBpOJHcKQ

suggestions for how to make the folder more organized or recommendations of what i should include in the folder (if i haven't already!) are highly appreciated!!! 
thanks, & enjoy!
copyrights, who needs em?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(2017-04-23, 5:11 pm)traumagotchi Wrote: hi everyone!
very new to the forums, but i thought i'd contribute with my personal onedrive folder full of japanese resources. been collecting for about 2 years, and the size of the folder clocks in at a pretty big 85gb (as of time posted)!

i update it fairly frequently, albeit in pieces because my internet is pretty damn slow. nevertheless, you are all free to download what you like from it or view them in your browser!
folder contains things such as textbooks, audio courses, video courses, apps, etc!

**removed URL**

suggestions for how to make the folder more organized or recommendations of what i should include in the folder (if i haven't already!) are highly appreciated!!! 
thanks, & enjoy!

Yeah, this is the sort of link you share privately upon request. Directly linking to your OneDrive account with copyright material is a good way to get it shut down.
Edited: 2017-04-23, 8:22 pm
EPIC SALE: Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! (Sept 18 - 29)
JapanesePod101
Bookmarked before we all have to pretend we care about copyright. Thanks so much OP, this is awesome.
Edited: 2017-04-23, 10:40 pm
Ehhh, I'm more concerned that a brand new account is offering executable files to run on our systems... Maybe they are just a generous soul, but in any case, I don't feel like I have above average virus protection so... am I crazy for being a bit wary?
(2017-04-23, 10:44 pm)SomeCallMeChris Wrote: Ehhh, I'm more concerned that a brand new account is offering executable files to run on our systems... Maybe they are just a generous soul, but in any case, I don't feel like I have above average virus protection so... am I crazy for being a bit wary?

Browsing through I only see pdfs and audio files. Are you saying these are secretly executables or that there are also programs being offered?
(2017-04-24, 12:26 am)Splatted Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 10:44 pm)SomeCallMeChris Wrote: Ehhh, I'm more concerned that a brand new account is offering executable files to run on our systems... Maybe they are just a generous soul, but in any case, I don't feel like I have above average virus protection so... am I crazy for being a bit wary?

Browsing through I only see pdfs and audio files. Are you saying these are secretly executables or that there are also programs being offered?

Eh, I didn't really look before commenting, I was just going off the OP's comment about apps. Having taken a little look around I don't really see anything that stands out as suspicious, maybe I'm just being overly cautious.
Thanks, OP. Highly appreciated.

Nothing wrong with being wary of ransomware, especially if you're at work or connected to a big network with valuable data on it. Employees carelessly downloading stuff is exactly the way organizations get hit. And a file doesn't have to be an executable, to run malicious code. Pdfs, word docs, etc. can also be used. So I certainly wouldn't download anything like this to a work computer.

However, in this case, it would be overkill to compile all this Japanese goodness, just to infect a few private users who probably wouldn't pay the ransom anyway. Smile

Also, if you have data you care about on your home network, it's probably easier to just back it up (on an external drive that's not connected to your network, for instance), rather than spend you life worrying about malware.
There are actually some executables in there, though not many. They appear to be clean, though I offer no guarantee. I was reassured enough that I ran some though, so you can take that to the bank.
His username is traumagotchi

Big Grin
Now, it would be great to discuss the various resources to figure out what's actually good here, because there's a lot of variety...
Thanks traumagotchi for posting this.
When I am trying to download it takes long time...
Is there any mirror image/copy of this?
(2017-04-23, 8:21 pm)Nukemarine Wrote:
(2017-04-23, 5:11 pm)traumagotchi Wrote: hi everyone!

**removed URL**

thanks, & enjoy!

Yeah, this is the sort of link you share privately upon request. Directly linking to your OneDrive account with copyright material is a good way to get it shut down.

been hosting it for two years with all kinds of other material than japanese resources, haven't been shut down yet! let's just hope that there are too many users on onedrive for microsoft to care about copyrighted material lol

also, off-topic, but i really appreciate your guide for japanese literacy!! thanks for all your work my dude.

(2017-04-23, 10:40 pm)NinKenDo Wrote: Bookmarked before we all have to pretend we care about copyright. Thanks so much OP, this is awesome.

no problem! : D
i'm glad it's of use!

i know it's hard to believe, but honestly, i'm not trying to put malware on your system : P i'm just a 17 year old canadian tryna help some people out. i don't have any above average virus protection either lol

(2017-04-24, 1:05 am)ItaiB Wrote: Thanks, OP. Highly appreciated.

hi! no problem my dude. i'm glad that everyone finds my folder to be of use in their studying adventures \o/

(2017-04-24, 9:43 pm)vladz0r Wrote: Now, it would be great to discuss the various resources to figure out what's actually good here, because there's a lot of variety...

i'll be working on an index of all of the resources available in my folder eventually- i'll update the original post with a link to a document that shows everything it contains when i start working on it!

(2017-04-28, 12:57 am)AmolFT Wrote: Thanks traumagotchi for posting this.
When I am trying to download it takes long time...
Is there any mirror image/copy of this?

hi- unfortunately, i don't have any mirrors available. if you're looking to download some certain files though, i can send them to you via DM on discord (if you have one!)
Edited: 2017-04-28, 4:56 am