Back

Videos (dramas) with japanese and english hardcoded subs

Has anyone come across this.  I'm in the process of hardcoding some videos through vlc, but the process is taking too long (or maybe i don't have it right or my pc is too slow), esp considering I go through subs2srs afterward.

On youtube, there's karaoke songs, but otherwise I've only seen this easy japanese series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzzweIQoIOU
but I'd rather have drama or anime as I can then more easily subs2srs it  Big Grin

edit: found nihonjin no shiranai nihongo in eng, jap, and viet
Edited: 2017-03-27, 10:59 am
I'm really unsure what you're asking. You ask if we're familiar with hardcoding subtitles, and say you're in the middle of doing so, but then talk about subs2srs?

I have a feeling English is your second language, and something is getting lost here. Could you maybe rephrase what you mean?
Hello and thanks for the reply

If you look at the link i showed, there are hardcoded subs in eng and japanese.
I'm looking for other videos in drama or anime format like that.  Most videos are only hardcoded in one language

I reference subs2srs because I plan on running the video through that to pull out individual videoclips that i can just play on repeat. (much prefer video to audio).  To go through this whole process just takes a long time at least on my computer or the way I do things.

Eng is my first language. Sorry if i'm hasty in my reply sacrificing understanding
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
Subs2srs hard codes subs onto images when you generate images iirc. Not sure if it does it with video clips though but check out the instruction page for the program.
(2017-03-27, 6:11 pm)Nukemarine Wrote: Subs2srs hard codes subs onto images when you generate images iirc. Not sure if it does it with video clips though but check out the instruction page for the program.

Thanks Nuke. however, I was unable to confirm the first sentence on the website or in any of the decks I've dled although it'd be a nice feature!  I'm pretty sure the second sentence is not an option as it would require hardsubbing which is reencoding
I'm wondering why you have the requirement for hardsubs? There are several desktop and mobile apps which support dual soft subs display... Wouldn't that be much easier than re-encoding your videos with hardsubs?

If you need hardsubs for some reason, you could try batching them with ffmpeg. Look a few lines above here in the documentation for hardcoded subs. It would probably require a little hacking to get dual subs, but once you figure out the recipe, you could batch a whole series overnight.
Edited: 2017-03-28, 2:23 pm
thank you for your reply

so the requirement for hardcoded subs again is because I run it through subs2srs to get video clips.
I like having all the subs on the clips that i can play on repeat without having to open another file to check if i'm understanding.