Back

How to combine RTK1 + Anki + Koohii ?

Hi everyone!

After a recent question on another thread, I have decided to implement Koohii stories on my studies.

Now the problem is, I want to make my reviews on Anki because the RTK deck there is full of information I like. However, I need to follow stories on Koohii while studying from the book RTK1. To simplify, I want to study on Koohii with user-made stories but will do the reviews with RTK1 deck on Anki.

I cannot get it straight in my head whether this would be efficient or not and I need some experience in this respect.

Can I just study with (the book + Koohii stories) and make my reviews not on Koohii but on Anki with RTK1 deck? If I fail some Kanji and need to re-study, I believe I can go to Koohii and study with the stories and then I keep doing the reviews on Anki. Would this be an efficient way?
Edited: 2017-03-24, 9:00 am
If you're studying on a computer, that works fine. It could be rather awkward on mobile.

If the deck doesn't have it already, you could set up your deck template to show a hyperlink to the corresponding Koohii study page on each card (so when you fail a card, you can just click the link to restudy it).
Some Anki decks used to have a link to the Koohii study pages. Note that old links using frame numbers are not supported, the link should include the UTF8 kanji character. (since frame numbers changed between editions).

Some decks such as the one in the recent RTK Lite thead have a story field where you can input a story.
August Sale (14th - 25th): 30% OFF Premium PLUS - 25% OFF Premium
JapanesePod101
(2017-03-24, 12:51 pm)ファブリス Wrote: Some Anki decks used to have a link to the Koohii study pages. Note that old links using frame numbers are not supported, the link should include the UTF8 kanji character. (since frame numbers changed between editions).

Some decks such as the one in the recent RTK Lite thead have a story field where you can input a story.

Really? My Anki deck redirects correctly when inputing, for example, http://kanji.koohii.com/study/kanji/2738

To the OP, what really got me into this website was this article: https://nihongoshark.com/fastest-way-to-...the-kanji/ It clearly explains how to use Anki + Heisig's RTK1 + Koohii. You might need to tune the hyperlinks in your Anki flashcards if the deck you download is old.
(2017-03-24, 8:25 pm)KameDemaK Wrote:
(2017-03-24, 12:51 pm)ファブリス Wrote: Some Anki decks used to have a link to the Koohii study pages. Note that old links using frame numbers are not supported, the link should include the UTF8 kanji character. (since frame numbers changed between editions).

Really? My Anki deck redirects correctly when inputing, for example, http://kanji.koohii.com/study/kanji/2738

To the OP, what really got me into this website was this article: https://nihongoshark.com/fastest-way-to-...the-kanji/ It clearly explains how to use Anki + Heisig's RTK1 + Koohii. You might need to tune the hyperlinks in your Anki flashcards if the deck you download is old.
This is an advice of gold. Thanks a lot!
FYI you can download from the Anki shared decks database the following deck:

Admin: don't post Anki decks containing scraped Kanji Koohii content. See forum rules.

This deck contains field with 2 top stories from Koohii. It is a little bit outdated but still the stories are good.
If I were you I would start with this deck and add a link to Koohii to get the latest stories when this deck 2 stories are not sufficient?
Edited: 2017-03-27, 8:26 am by ファブリス
I don't think Fabrice likes to have links to those decks in this site, since those decks contain information from Koohii but reduce the amount of people visiting the site. The link will probably be taken down. Just saying.
Edited: 2017-03-27, 5:43 am by ファブリス
New thread Using Koohii mnemonics in decks etc about the proper way to use Koohii stories.

I will continue to ban links to the old Anki decks, which contain outdated Study page URLs with frame numbers that are not supported.

Newer decks featuring stories from the sample database are OK, as long as usage requirements are followed.