Back

2017 JLPT N2/N1 Thread

(2017-08-06, 12:07 pm)harahachibu Wrote:
(2017-08-04, 10:06 pm)Splatted Wrote: I've been trying to work work this out for a while but does any one know what the 参照 in the ドリル&ドリル books is.  Next to many of the answers in the answer booklet it has 参照 followed by a number and I assume this is pointing towards a reference with more info but I can't seem to find one in the book or separately as part of the series. Does anyone know anything?

In my copy of ドリル&ドリル, which is for N1 bunpou, the 参照 number refers to other questions that are about the same grammar point.  So if question #15 has 参照 35, 142 listed, then check question #35 and #142 for other examples of the grammar point covered in #15.

Thanks it never occurred to me to check that. Though since I don't want to give away the answers to any questions I might have been better off not knowing. XD
(2017-08-06, 12:07 pm)harahachibu Wrote: In my copy of ドリル&ドリル, which is for N1 bunpou, the 参照 number refers to other questions that are about the same grammar point.  So if question #15 has 参照 35, 142 listed, then check question #35 and #142 for other examples of the grammar point covered in #15.
I used the 実力アップ books for grammar which used a similar system. Unfortunately it was necessary to keep that part covered up because the references were often a dead giveaway for the correct answer. E.g. no reference => just wrong. Reference in the same chapter as the exercise => probably right.
(2017-07-07, 11:59 am)pubbie2 Wrote: Hey peeps, how long does it take until we get the results?
To answer my own question:
http://www.jlpt.jp/e/guideline/results_online.html
now/recently says:
Other countries
The online Test Results Announcement for the 2017(July) JLPT is available for viewing ONLY from 10:00 am on August 23 to 5:00 pm on October 31 (Japan Time).
August Sale (14th - 25th): 30% OFF Premium PLUS - 25% OFF Premium
JapanesePod101
I got my N1 results today and no joy for me. It was worse than I expected haha. I didn't expect to pass but man, it's low. (Yes, I have passed the N2 - you might not think so from these scores though)

Scores by Scoring Section Language Knowledge (Vocabulary/Grammar) 29 / 60
Reading 13 / 60
Listening 26 / 60
Reference Information (※) Vocabulary B
Grammar B
Total Score 68 / 180

I would like to hear from anyone who took the JLPT initially and got a poor reading score but fixed it and brought it up to his/her vocab/listening scores. My N2 results were basically higher across the board but the ratios are about the same. Strong grammar/vocab and listening but a very low reading comprehension score. And I do read. I read a lot. I read mostly novels (not manga) and some news articles. I'll admit I don't read essays per se except out of the practice JLPT books I have once in a while. I guess I could try to read an essay every day maybe. But if anyone else found a way to fix an unbalanced low reading comprehension score I'd really like to hear what you did.
Woo, passed N1! I don't really post here but I owe a lot to the koohii community so I thought I'd come by and say thank you. Thank you to cb4960 for making the invaluable rikaisama, kaegi for creating aligner which I plan to use more and more in the coming months, fabrice for running this great site, and all the koohii users for contributing stories to all the kanji, especially the ones beyond RTK3!

For those interested in scores: I got language knowledge 51/60, reading 43/60, listening 42/60, total 136/180. I thought listening was hard during the test but I did better than expected as far as points go. Overall not superb but pretty good for my current level.

For those interested in my learning methods: For vocab, I read stuff and put words/sentences I didn't know into anki. For grammar, I did Shin Kanzen Master N1. For reading, I read a bunch of visual novels. For listening, I listened to a bunch of let's play videos on youtube and niconico.
70/180 in N2 (20,20,30), I guess reasons for failing mainly due to lack of motivation and while the Kanzen Master series is good I find them extremely boring and the sou matome is too easy.
In the meantime to find some more interesting material to improve upon.
Edited: Yesterday, 4:47 am
After some deliberating i finally decided to put myself out of my misery and check the results and was pleasantly surprised. I passed N2 110/180
21 29 60

In the exam I knew to pass I just needed the bare minimum for the Language Knowledge and Reading and I wasn't confident I could even get that!