Back

Anki decks for novels, light novels and manga

During the last half of year I created two anki decks corresponding to a novel and a manga I've been reading.
I'll share those decks here, maybe they are useful to someone else.
Both decks contain a selection of words, most of them N3/N2+.

Jane Austin – Pride and prejudice (高慢と偏見)
"Pride and prejudice" deck gathers words that are frequently used (10+ times) and it was created because I decided to get familiar with the vocabulary before starting to read the novel.

Tsunami Seino – Nigeru wa haji da ga yaku ni tatsu (逃げるは恥だが役に立つ) vol.1-8
"Nige haji" contains words that I mined while reading the manga.

UPDATED: 29 March 2017
Makoto Shinkai – Kimi no na wa (君の名は。)
It contains words that I mined when I read the light novel.

I want to say thanks to cb4960 for some really great tools!
Edited: 2017-03-29, 3:28 am
Thanks very much, I snagged copies of both! Always looking for new sources of vocabulary (and more stuff to read). Thanks for sharing.
(2017-01-21, 2:21 pm)zdo_vision Wrote: Tsunami Seino – Nigeru wa haji da ga yaku ni tatsu (逃げるは恥だが役に立つ) vol.1-8

How does the manga compare to the drama, story wise?  Does the story go on in the manga past where the drama ends?  I enjoyed watching the drama so maybe I'll pick up the manga...
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
The drama goes as far as the tankōbon manga, but maybe there are other separate chapters, not included yet in a volume, I don't know. The drama usually goes along the lines of the manga, but there are some "original" moments better pointed by the drama (e.g. yelling on the cliff, hugging in the street or going to a picnic to convince Yuri etc). The end of the drama compared to the manga was also a little bit arranged to look like an ending. 
I felt the drama more concise and well-rounded and I think the screen writers did a great job transforming a mediocre story in a potentially successful one.
Edited: 2017-01-23, 2:19 am
Nice, I'll mod the first since I only study vocabulary within sentences, at least as far as SRS goes. I take it the sentences are from tatoeba?
I think so. I don't remember having other dictionaries except the default one(s) and from what I've seen Epwing2Anki came with Tatoeba by default.
I've added a new Anki deck with vocab from "Kimi no na wa" (the light novel). You can find the link in the first post of the thread.
Are those words selected excluding those that are in the core10k?
No, they are not.
(2017-01-21, 2:21 pm)zdo_vision Wrote: During the last half of year I created two anki decks corresponding to a novel and a manga I've been reading.
I'll share those decks here, maybe they are useful to someone else.
Both decks contain a selection of words, most of them N3/N2+.

Jane Austin – Pride and prejudice (高慢と偏見)
"Pride and prejudice" deck gathers words that are frequently used (10+ times) and it was created because I decided to get familiar with the vocabulary before starting to read the novel.

Tsunami Seino – Nigeru wa haji da ga yaku ni tatsu (逃げるは恥だが役に立つ) vol.1-8

UPDATED: 29 March 2017
Makoto Shinkai – Kimi no na wa (君の名は。)
It contains words that I mined when I read the light novel.

FANTASTIC BUT I CAN OPEN IT I HAVE A MAC 

I want to say thanks to cb4960 for some really great tools!
can you explain what/how did you use to mine them? maybe when I do something similar it could help
(2017-01-21, 2:21 pm)zdo_vision Wrote: Jane Austin – Pride and prejudice (高慢と偏見)

I'm just curious how effective you find it to learn vocabulary from scratch before reading a book?  Myself, I find it hard to remember new words even after I've encountered them in my reading.  That may be why I have an Anki vocabulary deck with 5,000+ cards, each tagged with the name of the reading passage it's from, but I haven't reviewed any of them for months because I find that flipping through Anki doesn't make anything "stick".  Only seeing it in a reading passage/using it in writing makes it stick for me.
Edited: 2017-07-18, 12:51 pm