Back

Remembering the kanji vol 2

Hi
I've recently finished Remembering the Kanji vol 1 and I would like to start volume 2
Does anyone know where I can get it as pdf? I tried amazon but it seems they only have paperback Sad
Thanks in advance
RTK 2 is not sold as a PDF.

Here's RTK 2 on the iBooks Store. RTK 2 used to be available as a Kindle Edition, but I can't find it now.
Theoretically could buy a used copy of RTK2 and then scan it yourself as a pdf file (say on your office photocopier after hours; your boss shouldn't care since you're not using their paper by making photocopies).  It wouldn't be that hard because when you lay the book flat on the glass you can scan two pages at once.  Probably would take half an hour.

Abebooks.com has copies of RTK2 for sale for under US $10 plus shipping.

Or even better, borrow it from the public library (if they have it) and then take it into the office and scan it as a pdf file.
Edited: 2016-12-31, 11:04 am
August Sale (14th - 25th): 30% OFF Premium PLUS - 25% OFF Premium
JapanesePod101
For a self-scan I'd pay the $10 so I could cut off the binding and run it through a duplex sheet feed scanner...much less effort and without the distortion from laying the book on a scanner glass.
Edited: 2016-12-31, 11:36 am
(2016-12-29, 10:08 am)Mayuri Wrote: Hi
I've recently finished Remembering the Kanji vol 1 and I would like to start volume 2
Does anyone know where I can get it as pdf? I tried amazon but it seems they only have paperback Sad
Thanks in advance

I had it since last year and i downloaded it from some blog after I googled for its PDF. Although I don't use it much. I am still using RTK vol 1 and I prefer Kodansha kanji learners dictionary app more than this book.

Admin: don't post links to downloads of copyrighted materials. See forum rules.
Edited: 2017-01-06, 4:11 pm by ファブリス
^ That will be moderated shortly, I'm sure, but for future notice, this forum does not allow open practice or discussion of piracy.

EDIT:
@OP
I highly suggest getting it at the library, but if you want to scan it, I'm with pm215 in that you should buy the book and separate the binding; a bit of hot air will melt the glue enough to pull the pages, then you might want to trim the formerly bound pages to remove any glue residue that might mess with the scanning or just look ugly (with a guillotine cutter or one of those slide cutters, don't do it by hand, or you'll defeat the purpose of doing it properly in the first place).

Tangent: when rebinding books, it's necessary to remove some of the paper along the bound edge and prepare a new glue surface for the rebinding to last as intended.
Edited: 2017-01-06, 2:41 pm
( FYI, The Learner wasn't meant to be banned. I issued 5 pts warning. The configuration apparently sets ban for 1 day at a certain level. I thought it required ten points. Anyway, The Learned got a warning for posting link to a pirate copy of the book, and the ban is temporary. )
(2017-01-06, 2:04 pm)The Learner Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 10:08 am)Mayuri Wrote: Hi
Thanks in advance

I had it since last year and i downloaded it from some blog after I googled for its PDF. Although I don't use it much. I am still using RTK vol 1 and I prefer Kodansha kanji learners dictionary app more than this book.

Admin: don't post links to downloads of copyrighted materials. See forum rules.
Sorry, it will never happen again. :-)