Back

Yomichan (JP dictionary for Chrome/Firefox + EPWING + auto flashcards)

Is it possible to add words to deck, where expression field is not a primary key? 

I have an index field as PK in my deck, and I did not find the way to do it.

If not, would it be possible to either add this feature, or add different feature, which would not add word into a deck, but only make a check if the deck contains the word (in configured column) or not.
I'm trying to download yomichan-import from foosoft.net but the page takes forever to load, and the download doesn't even start :/
Yomichan-Import has been updated to support the following dictionaries thanks to a user contribution:

広辞苑第六版
付属資料
学研国語大辞典
古語辞典
故事ことわざ辞典
学研漢和大字典
Breakthrough Sale! Get 28% OFF Basic, Premium or Premium PLUS! (until March 2)
JapanesePod101
Would it be possible to include koohii stories on a kanji's lookup page or would that be out of yomichan's scope? I always find those stories really useful to reference and just want to minimize the steps to retrieving them when I forget the mnemonics associated with it.
While it would be simple to scrape stories from this site and add them to the Yomichan database, this would be kind of a dick move with respect to this site. I don't own the data and moving it off from here would not have a positive impact on the community.

What you can do however is just add links to the individual Kanji from the review page (this can be done automatically) using HTML. This is what I have set up and it's really not that much work to open a browser window and double-check your story.
(2018-02-21, 10:31 am)FooSoft Wrote: While it would be simple to  scrape stories from this site and add them to the Yomichan database, this would be kind of a dick move with respect to this site. I don't own the data and moving it off from here would not have a positive impact on the community.

What you can do however is just add links to the individual Kanji from the review page (this can be done automatically) using HTML. This is what I have set up and it's really not that much work to open a browser window and double-check your story.

The html modifications only effect the anki cards html and the html that is shown in the frame isn't editable right? Good point about the data, I think it makes sense not to crawl like I originally was thinking. What if the kanji page had a link to the koohii story though? That would probably have a positive impact on the community and show people their saved stories.
If you are considering using koohii stories in one form or the other, you might want to take a look at this thread: https://forum.koohii.com/thread-14458.html
Sadly half of the links inside aren't working anymore (especially the one to the sample database and the usage requirements) but if you hit up ファブリス you might be able to get a new dump.

Basically so far the policy seems to have been: Don't just crawl the site, but use the dump of the top three user stories. As the links aren't working, I'm not sure about the "usage requirements" but if you wanna go for it, I'd say ask ファブリス about it.
Edited: 2018-02-22, 1:15 pm
Somehow the definitions for 大辞泉 seem really crammed to me, is that normal? :S Basically if there are multiple definitions there's no linebreak? Maybe my files are just too old and I should get a newer version or is this just normal?

this is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/Mho7Y
(Yesterday, 10:57 am)sumsum Wrote: Somehow the definitions for 大辞泉 seem really crammed to me, is that normal? :S Basically if there are multiple definitions there's no linebreak? Maybe my files are just too old and I should get a newer version or is this just normal?

this is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/Mho7Y

Welcome to the world of EPWING dictionaries. They are all over the place in terms of formatting. 大辞林 makes a modest effort to look decent but 大辞泉 does not. Yomichan just presents the data as it appears in the dictionary without attempting to do any post-processing to introduce formatting which is not included in the definitions. It could be done and I will accept any pull requests on GitHub that try to make things look better Smile