Back

Yomichan (JP dictionary for Chrome/Firefox + EPWING + auto flashcards)

I noticed the priority tags aren't going to Anki in the {glossary} field any more. I thought they might have moved to the {tags} field, but that's coming up empty.
Tags are now split into term tags and definition tags; it is possible that they are not properly propagating to Anki. I'll take a look.
I'm trying to use your Yomichan Import tool to import an auto-generated EPWING dictionary but I always get this error message: "2017/11/15 01:10:52 conversion process failed: failed to find compatible extractor for 'Dictionary Name'". Is there any way to get more information to try to troubleshoot this issue?
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
It is not possible to import arbitrary EPWING dictionaries since they are all formatted differently from each other. You have to write code in the yomichan-import tool in order to extract relevant info from the dictionary. The list of currently supported EPWING dictionaries can be found here: https://foosoft.net/projects/yomichan-import
(2017-11-14, 6:37 pm)FooSoft Wrote: It is not possible to import arbitrary EPWING dictionaries since they are all formatted differently from each other. You have to write code in the yomichan-import tool in order to extract relevant info from the dictionary. The list of currently supported EPWING dictionaries can be found here: https://foosoft.net/projects/yomichan-import
Oh, I understand. What a pity! It was a custom dictionary with kanjis from RTK really useful for me.
Thank you for your help!
I just tried loading yomichan for the first time today, I had used rikaichan before to get definitions for text files which I opened in Firefox. But apparently the current version of Firefox doesn't support rikaichan.

Yomichan seems to work fine (and it seems pretty cool) for webpages, but I don't get any pop up definitions at all for a html file which I open from my computer. Am I doing something wrong here, or is this not supported?

Thanks very much!
(2017-11-15, 9:56 pm)ergerg Wrote: I just tried loading yomichan for the first time today, I had used rikaichan before to get definitions for text files which I opened in Firefox. But apparently the current version of Firefox doesn't support rikaichan.

Yomichan seems to work fine (and it seems pretty cool) for webpages, but I don't get any pop up definitions at all for a html file which I open from my computer.  Am I doing something wrong here, or is this not supported?

Thanks very much!

Did you tick off  the check box "Allow access to file URLs"? In chrome the extension page with this check box opens simultaniously to the options when you click on the Yomichan spanner/monkey wrench icon.