Back

NEW FORUM: Mobile & Responsive Design

Possible bug with the "keep me logged in" thing. Am I the only one who has to sign in like every other day? It used to keep you signed in way longer than that.
(2015-11-28, 6:47 pm)kameden Wrote: Am I the only one who has to sign in like every other day?

Did not happen to me yet.
(2015-11-23, 8:01 am)ファブリス Wrote: Man, Google takes forever. It still lists 7600+ pages with mobile usability issues, all of them using the old URLs  Angry

66 pages left, come on Google!

If anything is left with mobile usability (phones, tablets) that is sticking like a sore thumb, please let me know!

I'm going to be really busy relocating for the next 2 weeks + switching internet but if there are any useful tweaks to make I'll get to it eventually!
6-Month Challenge: Get 6-Month Premium for $66 or Premium PLUS for $166 (June 19th - 30th)
JapanesePod101
On my phone the log-in window doesn't fit the screen:

[Image: IMG_4327.png]

I guess it's the same problem I had with the homepage, it also happens with the rating windows
ファブリス,

Did you even post the myBB layout anywhere? I think you did a really good job simplifying and making the site responsive. I'd love to use your layouts on my little neighborhood forum if you don't mind sharing. Either way, big thanks for all of the work you've done around here.
Sure, I intended to share the layout from the get go. However it is a customized version since the templating system alone does not provide the index page functionality.

I'll get down to it eventually. Ideally I wanted to fork off the MyBB git repo, but it caused me issues with file permissions and some configuration files that shouldn't have been commited and difficult to undo from my own branches (with my average git knowledge anyway). See this thread.

So what I meant to do is once it is functional (which it is now), is to download the last MyBB updates, and branch off that, but I'll have to reset the whole history of MyBB 's own repo since it cause issues. And then after that hopefully I can just checkout the main branch, paste the updated files from MyBB (bugfixes and whatnot), merge, and then merge into my branch.

TLDR It's not simple. But if you remind me in 2-3 weeks after I moved back to Brussels, I could just export the layout, send you the css files and maybe you can patch it together without the custom index page. If you want the index page as well, then yeah I'll need time to make the repo.
Ah I see.  That sounds more complicated than this project requires and how much I know what I'm doing(which is not very much).  I need something pretty off-the-shelf that I can change a few things around the edges and call it a day.  I'd be interested in looking at your files because maybe there's something that I can use, but don't do anything you weren't planning on doing on my account.  Thanks.
(2016-01-27, 5:07 pm)fuaburisu Wrote: I'll get down to it eventually. Ideally I wanted to fork off the MyBB git repo, but it caused me issues with file permissions and some configuration files that shouldn't have been commited and difficult to undo from my own branches (with my average git knowledge anyway). See this thread.
Sympathies on your git struggles -- it is not an easy version control system to learn. FWIW, some answers to some of your git questions from that thread:
Quote:This pulls the feature branch, for some reason I do not get the master as well
You do get all the remote repo's branches; they are in 'remotes/origin/<branchname>'. In this case the remote repo has chosen to make their HEAD be the 'feature' branch rather than the usual master (and their master branch is their last stable release, not head-of-current-development), but it's still there:
Code:
$ git branch -a
* feature
 remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/feature
 remotes/origin/feature
 remotes/origin/master
In any case, branch names don't matter to git ('master' is just conventional), so you can branch from wherever works for you (or wherever works for upstream if you had anything you wanted to submit back to them). My guess is they've set HEAD to be feature because for doing upstream development you want to start from 'feature', not from 'master'. (They document what their branch structure is here.)  If you're just doing local changes against a specific stable release you can just branch against the tag, as you did.

Quote:git considers the file is staged, even though .gitignore is set to ignore it
This is as described in the gitignore manpage: files already tracked by git are not affected by .gitignore. It's there for you to list files that aren't tracked and which you'll never want to be tracked. The gitignore manpage also describes how to stop tracking a file that is currently tracked:
Code:
git rm --cached filename
You then need to 'git commit' that change, which removes the file from version control but leaves it in the filesystem. Once you've done that, then .gitignore will help you to keep it from accidentally sneaking back into version control again. Big caveat: if you do this then checking out a branch which has inc/settings.php in version control will delete your local copy. So I guess if you have anything interesting in that file you should probably commit it to git in your branch, rather than trying to get git to forget about it.

My guess (from absolutely no knowledge about myBB) as to why the upstream devs don't have this permissions-vs-git issue is that they probably work with a separate deployment/install phase, where they copy relevant things from their git tree to the server, rather than having the server directly run out of a git working tree. If you set things up like that then you can just not copy the git tree's settings.php when you deploy.
Edited: 2016-01-27, 6:57 pm