Back

Chinese sentences starter pack

Help? Anyone?
Anki plugin the Smart.fm basic chinese sentences maybe....
Out of curiosity I took a look at some Smart.fm Chinese lists... Is it just me or is there almost no material for simplified Chinese?
EPIC SALE: Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! (Sept 18 - 29)
JapanesePod101
I have typed up the Assimil "Learning Chinese with Ease" course and cut out the dialogue-audio. It pretty much starts at nihao and can be imported into anki.
Mind that it is the German version.
Edited: 2009-09-21, 4:17 pm
There's an mnemosyne deck out there with 20 000 sentences, I think you can find it on Chinese-forums.com

... here's the thread http://www.chinese-forums.com/showthread.php?t=26892
yukamina Wrote:There's an mnemosyne deck out there with 20 000 sentences, I think you can find it on Chinese-forums.com

Is that the same deck under the shared Anki decks labeled as 20,000 HSK chinese sentences?
kazelee Wrote:Anki plugin the Smart.fm basic chinese sentences maybe....
I agree. Import some of the lists from Smart.FM. I'd probably start with the Integrated Chinese lists here. It may be tough going at first but it will get easier. Start listening to some ChinesePod lessons too. Tip: sign up for the free week trial of the premium membership and download all the content you can using the DownloadThemAll! add-on for Firefox.

Evil_Dragon Wrote:Out of curiosity I took a look at some Smart.fm Chinese lists... Is it just me or is there almost no material for simplified Chinese?
Everything I've imported from Smart.FM has the sentences in both traditional and simplified characters. It's best to learn both anyway, for so many reasons.
Edited: 2009-09-21, 5:15 pm
mezbup Wrote:
yukamina Wrote:There's an mnemosyne deck out there with 20 000 sentences, I think you can find it on Chinese-forums.com

Is that the same deck under the shared Anki decks labeled as 20,000 HSK chinese sentences?
I don't know. Probably, how many packs of 20 000 Chinese sentences are out there? :p
I'm not using these sentences at the moment.
HerrPetersen Wrote:I have typed up the Assimil "Learning Chinese with Ease" course and cut out the dialogue-audio. It pretty much starts at nihao and can be imported into anki.
Mind that it is the German version.
Care to share?

There's also ZWR/G/B.
mafried: check your pm.
Thanks guys, because of you I searched a bit more and found the perfect combination of anki + smart.fm:

http://smart.fm/lists/132095

The sentence pack of my dreams.

Chinese->Japanese reading + Audio->Chinese
Edited: 2009-09-22, 7:49 am
bflatnine Wrote:Import some of the lists from Smart.FM. I'd probably start with the Integrated Chinese lists here.
Out of interest do you think the audio in that list is from recordings or text-to-speech? It sounds like half are real recordings, and half TTS.
Has anyone else had trouble importing into Anki lately? I just downloaded the smart.fm plugin for the first time, and none of the lists I am trying to import seem to work.

Edit: hmmm, downgraded the plugin to version 0.9.7 and now it seems to work.
Edited: 2009-10-25, 8:29 pm
simple Wrote:
bflatnine Wrote:Import some of the lists from Smart.FM. I'd probably start with the Integrated Chinese lists here.
Out of interest do you think the audio in that list is from recordings or text-to-speech? It sounds like half are real recordings, and half TTS.
Sorry, didn't see this before. I only used the Integrated Chinese I Part 2 lists, so I don't know about the others. But if they're TTS, they're quite good. There are some from the Chinese Media course on Smart.FM that I think are TTS though.
http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=4405

here's the finished zhongwen red deck, It's a pretty great 1+1 deck. It's where I started anyways.
Thanks for the idea! I've downloaded the deck through Anki and decided (in order to make it more interesting) to study 1000 sentences before New Year. I guess I'll open a special blog for this "project" too — just not to lose motivation half-way.
Getting sentences yourself >>>>> packs. Which is why textbooks are invaluable in the beginning stages.
Tobberoth Wrote:Getting sentences yourself >>>>> packs. Which is why textbooks are invaluable in the beginning stages.
I agree. I can't actually use that 20 000 sentence pack because I can't read the sentences. I don't have enough vocab or grammar to make sense of them myself, so I'm using some textbooks instead.
yukamina Wrote:I agree. I can't actually use that 20 000 sentence pack because I can't read the sentences. I don't have enough vocab or grammar to make sense of them myself, so I'm using some textbooks instead.
Did you look at the sentences in the right order, "HSK1-limited1-part1" first? It has stuff like "很好,谢谢。" in the beginning, although it gets more difficult later.
Also I don't think you actually need to have enough grammar or vocabulary to study the sentences, since that's exactly what you're going to learn from them. What you are supposed to know is enough characters, which for the first thousand or two is at the HSK-1 level.
In any case the Integrated Chinese lists linked above seem to be much easier, maybe you'd like to try them.
I'm using a textbook series I found called Nihao. It looks like it's for kids, but/so the teaching style is really easy to get with minimal English. It only gives pinyin for new words, but with the way they're introduced, I can remember how to read all the older ones. Lists of random words and sentences are pretty tough/boring in comparison.
HerrPetersen Wrote:mafried: check your pm.
Hello there

Could anyone share Assimil deck with me please.

Thank you in advance