Back

My Jees JLPT not working?

I've been trying to apply to take the JLPT N2 in Japan for a week now, but every time I get go to confirm the payment I get a blue page that says
"A system error occurred.

The reasons for this error include the following.
・An expected character is not received in time. (Time-out)
・The Internet connection is disconnected after login.
・Login while having several pages/tabs open on the same PC.
・Click the “back” or “forward” button from browser."

I've tried closing all other tabs, using a different browser, and pressing the back button, but nothing is working. Is there any way around this, or some other way to register for the test? Unfortunately I am not in Japan yet and won't be until after the website's JLPT registration deadline, so using a credit card is my only option.
Thanks to anyone who helps!
This may be an issue with your credit card. I've found that a lot of Japanese sites tend to have a hard time dealing with foreign credit cards and "System errors" are the kind of message you tend to get. I vaguely seem to recall having a similar problem to this and I THINK it was due to the credit card. Best I can recommend is that you contact the site, by phone if possible, and explain the situation and see if they can manually run the card and get you signed up.
isaalexa Wrote:I've been trying to apply to take the JLPT N2 in Japan for a week now, but every time I get go to confirm the payment I get a blue page that says
"A system error occurred.

The reasons for this error include the following.
・An expected character is not received in time. (Time-out)
・The Internet connection is disconnected after login.
・Login while having several pages/tabs open on the same PC.
・Click the “back” or “forward” button from browser."

I've tried closing all other tabs, using a different browser, and pressing the back button, but nothing is working. Is there any way around this, or some other way to register for the test? Unfortunately I am not in Japan yet and won't be until after the website's JLPT registration deadline, so using a credit card is my only option.
Thanks to anyone who helps!
I've been having this problem for the last two JLPT registrations. Unfortunately, their system is just broken and they refuse to acknowledge the problem or make any move to fix it because they keep insisting that there must be something wrong with the credit card. Except, in my case, it's a Japanese credit card that I'm using in Japan, and it works in person and online everywhere. (Oh, and it worked the first time I registered)

It's an extremely rude thing to offer credit cards as a payment option, then leave a broken system in place and absolutely refuse to look into it. If there were any other Japanese tests out there on the same level of the JLPT, I'd leave in a heartbeat.
6-Month Challenge: Get 6-Month Premium for $66 or Premium PLUS for $166 (June 19th - 30th)
JapanesePod101
well, its sep 2016 and the same stupid thing is happening with me ! I am inside japan and after login the website gives me the same error !! any updates !
Before I got my first Japanese credit card I had this problem. If you live in Japan and have a Japanese bank account, doing the bank account transfer isn't that bad. It takes a little bit of time and walking to your ATM, but way less time than never being able to register.

EDIT: It looks like the website says you can also pay at a convenience store. Even without a Japanese bank account you can pay at a convenience store.
Edited: 2016-09-26, 7:25 am