Back

So who's playing Hearthstone ? :)

Cool talk about the game's design process with lots of prototypes:

How Blizzard's Warcraft Brought Hearthstone to Life (GDC 2015)
Has anyone managed to get their PC to play hearthstone with Japanese text?
Edited: 2015-03-20, 3:44 am
laserbeak43 Wrote:Has anyone managed to get their PC to play hearthstone with Japanese text?
I don't think I've ever seen a Blizzard game on PC be translated to Japanese, unless you count a user-made mod for WoW, and even that relied heavily on machine translation.

[Image: hearth.png]

I do have the Japanese version of Diablo 3 for PS4 though, so it's not like they are totally against doing Japanese releases. It'd be nice if they did more, but the Japanese PC gaming market is tiny even compared to that of Korea.
Edited: 2015-03-20, 7:04 am
Thanksgiving Sale: 30% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS Subscriptions! (Nov 13 - 22)
JapanesePod101
I just started playing hearthstone a last month, and I must say three things:
1) this game is awesome, I wish I had started earlier
2) I absolutely am loving mill decks
3) This new tavern brawl mode is tons of fun
Anybody try Elder Scrolls Legends yet?

i'm really enjoying it. The client came out for iOS recently. Pretty solid content for a free download.

I like how they tried to tackle some apparent problems with the HS meta with the lanes and runes.

Oddly enough even though it gives more decisions regarding to handling lanes, and opponent runes (which gives them cards and a chance to counter on your turn)... I feel like it's easier to understand! I felt like HS was just doing a ton of maths really quick on your turn to figure out what happens. Here I don't feel like I need to do so much math, and instead weigh between different options like which lane to use, or whether I should hold off from attacking opponent in order to keep the card advantage and reduce their options.

Also another part which is awesome is there is a Solo Arena which gives decent rewards. But what I find great about it is they didn't just make solo arena vs AI, it feels like an extension of the Story mode. Since you get thematic opponents like the rushing warrior , or the wold pack leader and whatnot; plus some of these solo arenas have special conditions.
ファブリスAnybody try Elder Scrolls Legends yet?

Not yet. It's vaguely on my list of things to try, but, we'll see.

I really want to take some time away from Hearthstone and spend some more time in Shadowverse, the campaign storyline is basically a visual novel broken up by matches vs. NPC opponents. The mechanics are fun, but I haven't played seriously enough to know how they hold up in competitive balance. I have trouble finding the energy for other card games though after clearing my Hearthstone quests, which I hate to miss due to f2p life.

FWIW, Shadowverse is a Japanese game and of course available in Japanese; and also, some time after the posts just a little above here, Blizzard did in fact translate Hearthstone into Japanese. (I still can't figure out how to search for 'NEW!' cards in the client. None of new, NEW!, 新, 新しい or 新着 work. I suppose there's a list somewhere just like there is for the English client.)

I did try Duelyst; interesting game, but the pixel art just doesn't do it for me; and HEX, which is a really well done game but is easily the least f2p friendly of the card games.  (Neither is available in Japanese either).

Faeria which is a little like Duelyst in being a card game with hex grid that you play your cards onto and move your minions around on is another I'd like to try but haven't gotten around to.
(2017-04-02, 7:43 pm)SomeCallMeChris Wrote: (I still can't figure out how to search for 'NEW!' cards in the client. None of new, NEW!, 新, 新しい or 新着 work. I suppose there's a list somewhere just like there is for the English client.)

I got curious and found this: http://hs-exp.jp/2014-01-08/main-menu-my-collection/ Apparently 新規 is the word you are looking for (I haven't tried it myself yet though)
(2015-03-20, 5:01 am)Roketzu Wrote:
laserbeak43 Wrote:Has anyone managed to get their PC to play hearthstone with Japanese text?
I don't think I've ever seen a Blizzard game on PC be translated to Japanese, unless you count a user-made mod for WoW, and even that relied heavily on machine translation.

[Image: hearth.png]

I do have the Japanese version of Diablo 3 for PS4 though, so it's not like they are totally against doing Japanese releases. It'd be nice if they did more, but the Japanese PC gaming market is tiny even compared to that of Korea.

I got a Japanese version of the original StarCraft in a store in Akihabara. I was so happy to have found it. =)
(2017-04-03, 10:37 pm)sumsum Wrote:
(2017-04-02, 7:43 pm)SomeCallMeChris Wrote: (I still can't figure out how to search for 'NEW!' cards in the client. None of new, NEW!, 新, 新しい or 新着 work. I suppose there's a list somewhere just like there is for the English client.)

I got curious and found this: http://hs-exp.jp/2014-01-08/main-menu-my-collection/ Apparently 新規 is the word you are looking for (I haven't tried it myself yet though)

Aha! I've seen that word around before, but I couldn't think of it. Works perfectly. (And unlike some of the katakana terms, it converts easily! Smile
)
What about League of Legends? What do you guys think about it?
(2017-04-16, 9:41 am)cophnia61 Wrote: What about League of Legends? What do you guys think about it?

I played quite a lot of it for awhile, but when I'm playing it, I stop having time for any other hobbies at all, never mind other games.... just 'a few matches' and between the length of the matches, the queue times, waiting for friends to get out of matches to join you, etc., well, now *hours* have passed.

I do kind of miss it, but on the other hand, now that I'm not playing it I have time for so many other things.
(2017-04-16, 9:41 am)cophnia61 Wrote: What about League of Legends? What do you guys think about it?

Overwatch >>>>>>>>>> LoL