Back

Anki Small Questions Thread

(2017-07-10, 1:02 pm)ShotOkan Wrote: Is it normal that I cannot make Japanese note type to display furigana on the front of the card template? Or, Am I doing something wrong?

{{furigana:field}} command just does not show any kana on the front of the card template, but it displays furigana on the back side of the card. If this is not normal, anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Looks like it works for me. Could you post your whole template code?

(2017-07-10, 3:19 pm)Coolie4 Wrote: How do you guys set up your options groups? Currently I know mine are all messed up and I basically keep everything where it is and do custom study to increase reviews on specific decks.
I just made a different options group for every deck.

Quote:Also I know I have a lot of decks+subdecks. What would be your recommendation for consolidation. Core all one deck, RTK all one deck, and Tae Kim all one deck (w/ appropriate tags of course)? I know Anki docs recommends making just one "Japanese" deck with tags, but that seems kind of ridiculous to me, especially since I only use Anki for Japanese.

Currently My decks are as so:

Tae Kim
=>Recognition
==>Basic,Intermediate,etc....
=>Production (Type full sentence)
==>Basic,Intermediate,etc....

Various themed vocab decks
I like to review the same type of card together. But I'd say, at least merge "Basic,Intermediate,etc" of the same type. And the "Various themed vocab decks".
(2017-07-11, 4:44 am)HelenF Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 1:02 pm)ShotOkan Wrote: Is it normal that I cannot make Japanese note type to display furigana on the front of the card template? Or, Am I doing something wrong?

{{furigana:field}} command just does not show any kana on the front of the card template, but it displays furigana on the back side of the card. If this is not normal, anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Looks like it works for me. Could you post your whole template code?

[Image: Capture.png]
(2017-07-11, 11:43 am)ShotOkan Wrote: [Image: Capture.png]

That card has {{furigana:Expression}} on the front and {{furigana:Reading}} on the back, so are you sure Expression has furigana in it?
EPIC SALE: Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! (Sept 18 - 29)
JapanesePod101
(2017-07-08, 1:47 pm)HelenF Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 10:44 pm)polyturn Wrote: Just a small question regarding the development environment. How do you guys do it?
I test it directly inside Anki, restarting everytime I make changes to the code which I guess is inefficient and probably not how you guys do it.
The Python "reload" operation can live-reload modules, with some caveats.

Multi-file addons can reload their own submodules at appropriate times:
https://github.com/HelenFoster/KanjiVoca...jiVocab.py
https://github.com/HelenFoster/KanjiVoca...cab/run.py

And I just wrote an "Addon Reloader" for single-file addons:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/348783334

(A module can't meaningfully reload itself.)

Thanks! I'll check this out after my headache subsides.

I see your problem. The expression field doesn't have furigana encoded but reading field does. So you should use the reading field for both front and back. E.g. {{furigana:Reading}}
My Core 2k/6k deck were sorted according to Optimized-Voc-Index field and the range was [1,2,3...6000].

The deck was only for recognition so I created a new card type for production. Then the sorting field naturally became [1,1,2,2,3,3...6000,6000].

The problem is: Anki does not bring any of the new card types. I am only seeing the old recognition cards. How to get the new cards (generated from the new card type) into the loop?

Do I need to export my deck to an excel and re-range the sorting field to [1,2,3...12000] and then again import in Anki in order to see the new card types? I am assuming there should be an easier way out. (Though don't know if this can work, just saying...)
Edited: 2017-07-19, 3:20 pm
(2017-07-19, 2:30 pm)ShotOkan Wrote: My Core 2k/6k deck were sorted according to Optimized-Voc-Index field and the range was [1,2,3...6000].

The deck was only for recognition so I created a new card type for production. Then the sorting field naturally became [1,1,2,2,3,3...6000,6000].

The problem is: Anki does not bring any of the new card types. I am only seeing the old recognition cards. How to get the new cards (generated from the new card type) into the loop?

Do I need to export my deck to an excel and re-range the sorting field to [1,2,3...12000] and then again import in Anki in order to see the new card types? I am assuming there should be an easier way out. (Though don't know if this can work, just saying...)

See this reply from yogert909 https://forum.koohii.com/thread-14677-po...#pid246053
Edited: 2017-07-19, 7:35 pm
Hi, quick question:  when I'm reviewing Anki cards on my computer screen, is there any way of displaying the tag at the same time?  Thanks.
(2017-07-23, 10:29 am)phil321 Wrote: Hi, quick question:  when I'm reviewing Anki cards on my computer screen, is there any way of displaying the tag at the same time?  Thanks.
IIRC putting {{Tags}} in the card template shows the tags.
(2017-07-23, 11:20 am)anotherjohn Wrote:
(2017-07-23, 10:29 am)phil321 Wrote: Hi, quick question:  when I'm reviewing Anki cards on my computer screen, is there any way of displaying the tag at the same time?  Thanks.
IIRC putting {{Tags}} in the card template shows the tags
Awesome, thanks!  It worked!
(2017-06-08, 10:32 am)HelenF Wrote:
(2017-06-08, 10:06 am)KameDemaK Wrote: I have my RTK deck that I have slowly gone through until completing it. Now I want to add Japanese keywords to it. I understand that I need to create a new field called "J_keyword" in the Production card, and it will initially be empty. Now, I also have an Excel containing all these japanese keywords along their kanji counterpart. I want to know if there's a way of importing this new field into my existing deck from Excel/plain text, and how I would do that.
Make a spreadsheet with 2 columns. The first one matches the first field in your RTK deck (whether the kanji or the index number). The second one is your J_keyword field.
Then you need to export it as a UTF-8 text file. Tab-separated is probably the most reliable. I heard Excel can't do UTF-8 export, so might need to use LibreOffice instead, or convert the file after exporting it.
Backup your collection in case something goes wrong.
When you import the file, match up the 2 fields, and select the option to update duplicates.
https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/manual.htm...d-updating

Quote:If I export this Anki deck, then delete the deck and then reimport the deck again, would it preserve the review data?
When you export as "apkg", there's an option to keep scheduling information, so that should be OK.

I made a deck called "trash", put things I wasn't sure if I wanted to delete under it, and set the daily new cards and review cap to 0. Then I can still look at the cards in the browser, and there's only one line of clutter.

Hey, never actually answered. Thank you SO MUCH for your accurate and helpful reply! It all worked as a charm. Also, your "trash" deck idea is genious!
Is there a way that you know to show spaces between words in cards with hiragana on front, where the hiragana is generated with the "Japanese support" addon (with: {{kana:Reading}})?
Hello !

I was wondering how people manage to place a white frame behind the text like this one :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-IRjM8CAAA5hWQ.jpg

Do you have an idea ?

Here is one of my cards : https://i.imgur.com/QmVnLuL.jpg

The code I'm using now is the following one :

.win {
font-family: arial;
font-size: 20px;
text-align: center;
color: black;
background-color: white;
}

.win:after {
   content: "";
   background: url(_bg.jpeg);
   background-size: 120%;
   background-position: center;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-color: #fefef2;
   opacity: 0.5;
   top: 0;
   left: 0;
   bottom: 0;
   right: 0;
   position: absolute;
   z-index: -1;
}

.mobile {
font-family: arial;
font-size: 20px;
text-align: center;
color: black;
background-color: white;
}

.mobile:after {
   content: "";
   background: url(_bg.jpeg);
   background-size: 250%;
   background-position: center;
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   background-color: #fefef2;
   opacity: 0.5;
   top: 0;
   left: 0;
   bottom: 0;
   right: 0;
   position: absolute;
   z-index: -1;
}
I think that you would create a css selector for the content on the front and the back. Then you would specify a background for the content. For example something like:

<div class="frontback">
<!-- card front content. -->
</div>

<div class="frontback">
<!-- card back content. -->
</div>

.frontback {
border-radius: 25px;
background: #ffffff;
padding: 20px;
width: 200px;
height: 150px;
}
Edited: 2017-09-07, 4:51 pm
(2017-09-07, 4:48 pm)yogert909 Wrote: I think that you would create a css selector for the content on the front and the back.  Then you would specify a background for the content.  For example something like:

<div class="frontback">
<!-- card front content. -->
</div>

<div class="frontback">
<!-- card back content. -->
</div>

.frontback {
   padding: 20px;
   width: 200px;
   height: 150px;  
}

Thank you very much for your answer ! Smile I managed to do that : https://i.imgur.com/3QtdvwP.jpeg.
I find it pretty nice but I still have two little questions :
1) What can I do to place the holl thing in the center of the screen ?
2) How can I place the image (or the text) in the center of the white box ? It is currently placed next to the bottom of the box...

I made these changes in my code :

<div class="frontback">
<p class='front'> {{Recto}} </p>
</div>
-----------------------
.frontback {
padding: 30px;
width: 600px;
height: 100px;
margin-bottom: 2em;
}
------------------------
{{FrontSide}}
<div class="frontback">
<p class='back'> {{Verso}} </p>
</div>
Edited: 2017-09-08, 12:00 pm
You can use margin:auto
(2017-09-08, 1:09 pm)alleo Wrote: You can use margin:auto

Thanks a lot !  Smile
Now, all I have to do is learn them  Big Grin
Hi, when you make a custom deck, you can select which tag(s) to include.

I selected ALL tags by typing "control-A".

Is there a way to mass-deselect them all?  Or do I have to unselect them one by one?

The reason I did this is because I was trying to select only a subset of the "marked" cards and screwed things up.

Thanks.
I feel that my question is a stupid one but anyway... ._.

Let's say that my deck has only one card, and if I review it today, it's new interval (if I press "good") will be "8 days".
But instead I choose to not review it today and to review it after 6 months.
6 months passed, I review the card and press "good".
The next time I will see the card will be after 8 days from review (just like if I would review it today insted than 6 months from now)?
Or the algorithm will take into consideration the fact that it was due 6 months ago and I reviewed it after 6 months instead, and that after those 6 months I still remember it (because I pressed "good" and not "again")?
And it will "understand" that I don't need to see it again 8 days from now because I was able to remember it after 6 months passed, and then it will reschedule it accordingly?

I hope I made myself clear, I don't know how to explain this in other words ._.
(2017-09-13, 10:23 am)cophnia61 Wrote: Or the algorithm will take into consideration the fact that it was due 6 months ago and I reviewed it after 6 months instead, and that after those 6 months I still remember it (because I pressed "good" and not "again")?
And it will "understand" that I don't need to see it again 8 days from now because I was able to remember it after 6 months passed, and then it will reschedule it accordingly?
Yes, it will take the extra time lapsed since original due date into account.
(2017-09-13, 11:30 am)karageko Wrote:
(2017-09-13, 10:23 am)cophnia61 Wrote: Or the algorithm will take into consideration the fact that it was due 6 months ago and I reviewed it after 6 months instead, and that after those 6 months I still remember it (because I pressed "good" and not "again")?
Yes, it will take the extra time lapsed since original due date into account.

Wow thank you very much karageko! I'm somehow happy to hear this Tongue
To be more specific (having looked at the source code years ago), I think it gives full credit for the time if you press Easy, partial credit on Good and very little on Hard.