Back

Anki Small Questions Thread

(2017-07-10, 1:02 pm)ShotOkan Wrote: Is it normal that I cannot make Japanese note type to display furigana on the front of the card template? Or, Am I doing something wrong?

{{furigana:field}} command just does not show any kana on the front of the card template, but it displays furigana on the back side of the card. If this is not normal, anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Looks like it works for me. Could you post your whole template code?

(2017-07-10, 3:19 pm)Coolie4 Wrote: How do you guys set up your options groups? Currently I know mine are all messed up and I basically keep everything where it is and do custom study to increase reviews on specific decks.
I just made a different options group for every deck.

Quote:Also I know I have a lot of decks+subdecks. What would be your recommendation for consolidation. Core all one deck, RTK all one deck, and Tae Kim all one deck (w/ appropriate tags of course)? I know Anki docs recommends making just one "Japanese" deck with tags, but that seems kind of ridiculous to me, especially since I only use Anki for Japanese.

Currently My decks are as so:

Tae Kim
=>Recognition
==>Basic,Intermediate,etc....
=>Production (Type full sentence)
==>Basic,Intermediate,etc....

Various themed vocab decks
I like to review the same type of card together. But I'd say, at least merge "Basic,Intermediate,etc" of the same type. And the "Various themed vocab decks".
(2017-07-11, 4:44 am)HelenF Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 1:02 pm)ShotOkan Wrote: Is it normal that I cannot make Japanese note type to display furigana on the front of the card template? Or, Am I doing something wrong?

{{furigana:field}} command just does not show any kana on the front of the card template, but it displays furigana on the back side of the card. If this is not normal, anyone have an idea how to solve it?

Looks like it works for me. Could you post your whole template code?

[Image: Capture.png]
(2017-07-11, 11:43 am)ShotOkan Wrote: [Image: Capture.png]

That card has {{furigana:Expression}} on the front and {{furigana:Reading}} on the back, so are you sure Expression has furigana in it?
JapanesePod101
(2017-07-08, 1:47 pm)HelenF Wrote:
(2017-07-06, 10:44 pm)polyturn Wrote: Just a small question regarding the development environment. How do you guys do it?
I test it directly inside Anki, restarting everytime I make changes to the code which I guess is inefficient and probably not how you guys do it.
The Python "reload" operation can live-reload modules, with some caveats.

Multi-file addons can reload their own submodules at appropriate times:
https://github.com/HelenFoster/KanjiVoca...jiVocab.py
https://github.com/HelenFoster/KanjiVoca...cab/run.py

And I just wrote an "Addon Reloader" for single-file addons:
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/348783334

(A module can't meaningfully reload itself.)

Thanks! I'll check this out after my headache subsides.

I see your problem. The expression field doesn't have furigana encoded but reading field does. So you should use the reading field for both front and back. E.g. {{furigana:Reading}}
My Core 2k/6k deck were sorted according to Optimized-Voc-Index field and the range was [1,2,3...6000].

The deck was only for recognition so I created a new card type for production. Then the sorting field naturally became [1,1,2,2,3,3...6000,6000].

The problem is: Anki does not bring any of the new card types. I am only seeing the old recognition cards. How to get the new cards (generated from the new card type) into the loop?

Do I need to export my deck to an excel and re-range the sorting field to [1,2,3...12000] and then again import in Anki in order to see the new card types? I am assuming there should be an easier way out. (Though don't know if this can work, just saying...)
Edited: 2017-07-19, 3:20 pm
(2017-07-19, 2:30 pm)ShotOkan Wrote: My Core 2k/6k deck were sorted according to Optimized-Voc-Index field and the range was [1,2,3...6000].

The deck was only for recognition so I created a new card type for production. Then the sorting field naturally became [1,1,2,2,3,3...6000,6000].

The problem is: Anki does not bring any of the new card types. I am only seeing the old recognition cards. How to get the new cards (generated from the new card type) into the loop?

Do I need to export my deck to an excel and re-range the sorting field to [1,2,3...12000] and then again import in Anki in order to see the new card types? I am assuming there should be an easier way out. (Though don't know if this can work, just saying...)

See this reply from yogert909 https://forum.koohii.com/thread-14677-po...#pid246053
Edited: 2017-07-19, 7:35 pm