Back

Anki Small Questions Thread

What is that website?
Why don't you use this site instead of anki?
(Just a question out of curiosity)
I'm having issues with learning numbers/days (did a search of the forums and didn't find anything). I've been using the core2k6k optimized for the last year, and it isn't cutting it for me (I haven't been consistent, but that didn't stop me from learning thousands of other vocab).

What's a good way to learn these? I think quizzing myself from a chart might work, but idk. Please help!
JapanesePod101
ragdim Wrote:I'm having issues with learning numbers/days
What do you mean by this?
^Learning numbers and the days of the week, presumably in Japanese
Aspiring Wrote:^Learning numbers and the days of the week, presumably in Japanese
Ah, I thought it was something to do with the numbers of cards and due days... my bad
,no worries
@ragdim I used them in my planner & notes to help remember the days/numbers.
Edited: 2013-11-02, 10:21 pm
Hi. I installed Anki and by mistake selected an idiom other than the desired one as the default one. Is there a way to change this? Even deinstalling it doesn't work.
Default idiom? What's that?
The first time I installed Anki there was a list of several languages, one of which needs to be chosen in order to run the program. I picked one I shouldn't. And now I can't change it because that option doesn't appear again even if I uninstall it.
Edited: 2013-11-22, 3:46 pm
Delete <My Documents>\Anki\prefs.db
Oh, so that's what it was. It worked. Thanks a lot.
Hello, after moving to Japan and changing the hour of my devices (laptop and smartphone) to Japan time table, Anki is not working properly.

The problem is that, from Anki point of view, before a new day started at 24:00+3h, while now a new day starts at 12:00 am. So the actualization of stats is made at the middle of the day, which is very worrysome.

Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for your help.
Well, I have another question, this time about the anki droid app. It recently updated, and in previous versions, when I hit the show answer key, it would display the "card" from the top, ie, with the front and the top of the backside of the card showing. Now, however, it scrolls halfway/ most of the way down the back side of the card when it gets flipped, and this is a problem for 2 reasons, 1, I'm doing pmnox's core deck which has a tonne of example sentencs, so I can't even check the reading of the kanji, because it's scrolled down so far, 2, it takes extra time having to scroll back up to check my reading of the kanji/vocab and its meaning, and this is annoying, and means anki reviews take longer than they should.

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions to this problem?
Thanks!
Are you using {{FrontSide}} in your card styling? Maybe try replacing it with the actual front side code?

Not sure if that's the problem or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
I have no idea, basically using pmnox's deck as is. I don't have access to my comp to check til I get home.
It's by design. Anki by default anchors to the answer when you flip the card, because that's usually what you are interested in once you've flipped it. The desktop client does the same thing (try making the window really small, for example).

If you want to remove that behaviour, remove the item in your template that has the id "answer". Usually this is a <hr id=answer>. If you like having the line, just rename the id.
netsplitter Wrote:It's by design. Anki by default anchors to the answer when you flip the card, because that's usually what you are interested in once you've flipped it. The desktop client does the same thing (try making the window really small, for example).

If you want to remove that behaviour, remove the item in your template that has the id "answer". Usually this is a <hr id=answer>. If you like having the line, just rename the id.
What would you suggest changing it to? Hr=id back?
Just a plain <hr> would work.
Edited: 2013-12-16, 9:39 pm
I've had to review online a lot lately because I'm not at home and I noticed its a little glitchy. It'll say I have say 5 cards left to review but when I finish the next card it says I finished reviewing everything. Also sometimes I'll click easy for a card and not suppose to see it for a week but then a few cards later it shows that same card and if I click easy its 2 weeks this time.

Anyone else have problems like this?
^ This has to do with your learn ahead settings. You have cards that will be due in less than 24 hours but aren't yet due.
So everythings ok and I should just continue without worrying the srs is messed up?
The new sibling burying behaviour works like this. Siblings in the same queue (new/review) are buried but the counts aren't updated. The message at the end will tell you this and offer the option to unbury. Syncing also unburies (it'll be changed in the future).

Your other problem is most likely multiple card types in the same note that look identical. Check your card types using the desktop application.
learningkanji Wrote:I've had to review online a lot lately because I'm not at home and I noticed its a little glitchy. It'll say I have say 5 cards left to review but when I finish the next card it says I finished reviewing everything. Also sometimes I'll click easy for a card and not suppose to see it for a week but then a few cards later it shows that same card and if I click easy its 2 weeks this time.

Anyone else have problems like this?
I have also had problems like this, and reported it here:

https://anki.tenderapp.com/discussions/a...rematurely

For some reason it hasn't occurred so often since I reported the issue, and not at all in the desktop version.

I have no idea what my learn ahead settings are, but I haven't changed any of the deck properties for the past few years and this problem has only just started happening. I also have no idea what a sibling is in the context of Anki, but I have never received a message about them.
Is there anyway to increase the font size in the card browser? Kanji are awfully hard to read at size 10, and clicking each card individually to read them is more than a little troublesome!