Back

多読 Tadoku Reading Challenge

Omg October round!! I just signed up! xD
Twitter bot still doesn't respond to tweets -- does anybody have contact with the person who runs it?

(I'm at 158 pages currently -- taking it at a much easier pace than previous rounds.)
(2017-10-04, 8:10 am)pm215 Wrote: Twitter bot still doesn't respond to tweets -- does anybody have contact with the person who runs it?

(I'm at 158 pages currently -- taking it at a much easier pace than previous rounds.)

I am able to update via the website but, like pm215, not via Twitter.
MONSTER Sale Get 28% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS! (Oct 16 - 27)
JapanesePod101
(2017-10-04, 8:52 am)satogaeru Wrote:
(2017-10-04, 8:10 am)pm215 Wrote: Twitter bot still doesn't respond to tweets -- does anybody have contact with the person who runs it?

I am able to update via the website but, like pm215, not via Twitter.

I didn't know that was possible! I finally signed up now

I poked LordSilent about it on irc already but no reaction so far.

Decided to focus on manga for this round as I have a backlog of 60+ volumes right now and I kinda feel bad about buying more without actually reading them. Got 8 volumes in so far =)
Edited: 2017-10-04, 10:49 am
I can't believe I just spent six hours reading!

Seems like I'm switching back to reading mostly 無職転生 this round, though I'm also 100 pages into the first volume of 狼と香辛料, and finished off the last three volumes of a manga I've been reading on and off for a while. I've read a chapter or two of the other webnovels I've been reading, but they're not holding my interest much at the moment. For instance I just finished the second arc of Re:Zero a few days ago, so it's not pulling me to read it much.

Anyway, if I pull off a crazy move tomorrow like I did today, I might just take first place for a bit!
Twitter bot still busted, but I'm on 452 pages now.
(2017-10-08, 2:12 pm)pm215 Wrote: Twitter bot still busted, but I'm on 452 pages now.

It's probably better to use the web interface, I don't see it getting fixed before the contest is over to be honest. Still haven't gotten a response back.
(2017-10-08, 9:16 pm)Nandemonai Wrote: It's probably better to use the web interface, I don't see it getting fixed before the contest is over to be honest. Still haven't gotten a response back.
Web UI wants too many privileges over my twitter account...
The twitter account I use for tadoku is only for tadoku, so I don't really care what privileges are involved.  Just a thought, if being in the ranking is important to you, you could make a separate twitter account.

Also, wow!  452 pages!  Reading is still such slow going for me.  I am full of admiration and envy for those of you that have already read multiple hundreds.
Looks like lordsilent has kicked the bot, and it's woken up and processed at least some of the tweets sent to it over the last two weeks. For me it looks like it's missed a few, so if anybody else was using or trying to use the twitter interface you might want to give it a few days to settle down and then check whether any of your updates are missing or double-counted...
Not quite half way through, but I'm already more than halfway to my goal! This will be (at least, need to update my data) three straight contests in a row that I've beaten my previous daily average!
Now, if I could just find what happened to my cycling time...
(2017-10-14, 8:22 pm)sholum Wrote: Not quite half way through, but I'm already more than halfway to my goal! This will be (at least, need to update my data) three straight contests in a row that I've beaten my previous daily average!

I was just thinking I'd caught up to you when you leapt ahead again :-)
Yeah, spent about 11 hours reading yesterday and last night, but I just added it all this morning. I didn't like that I broke my pattern.
So I Just piled up all the Japanese books i'd been ignoring for my lit review and placed them on top of the English ones. 

It's on now ^.^