Back

DoBJG Anki Deck

The Reordered cloze deck has been uploaded, the old one deleted. Didn't realise how poorly formatted it was (sorry about that). New deck is formatted for individual fields (allowing for more user friendly personalisation).

[Image: 198ncn.jpg]

The text below the key sentence to the top right of the image is being highlighted. By default the text is white as so hide the readings for the kanji.
Those cards do look much better than the old ones!

At work at the moment so no access to Anki. I was using the "Sheet3 Deck [cloze version]" (about 300 cards in) has this one been updated with the fancy formatting?

From the sound of it there are new fields? I'll have a try at importing this new deck into the old one this evening.
Oh ma lawd, suppose I'll have to click easy for the cards I've already been reviewing on the old deck, looks a lot better.

How long did it take to write up the first dictionary? Must've been a fair bit of work. It's surprising how much people are willing to help others in a shared field of interest. I wonder if English has as large an online community-based resource pool as Japanese lol
See this thread for Holiday Countdown Deals (until Dec 15th)
JapanesePod101
Edit: post details no longer relevant; post deleted.
I just wanted to quickly say thanks for making the decks/spreadsheets for the DoBJG and DoIJG. Big Grin
uisukii Wrote:
undead_saif Wrote:Are you writing everything from scratch?
More or less. A lot of typing involved. But I'm about a 1/4 way through the DoJIG.
Unbelievable! That's awesome mate! TBH I can't imagine someone going through this overwhelming boring work in this amount of time O_o!
Thanks Smile
Edited: 2013-06-13, 7:17 am
First, this is an amazing amount of effort and an amazing product.

I'm wondering about your beginner friendly re-order. Do you have an index or can you add an index to the spreadsheet that lists the beginner new order. My think is the order index should be on a per section basis and not per sentence. So the three あげる(1) sentences with 63 on the page index would have re-order index of 15 (made up by me). あげる(2) sentences with 65 on the page index would be re-order index of 36.

Also, what did you use to determine the beginner friendly re-order. At one time, I was going to use either Tai Kim or maybe even the Kanzen Master since they seemed better as a learning order than the dictionary order of the books.
Nukemarine Wrote:First, this is an amazing amount of effort and an amazing product.

I'm wondering about your beginner friendly re-order. Do you have an index or can you add an index to the spreadsheet that lists the beginner new order. My think is the order index should be on a per section basis and not per sentence. So the three あげる(1) sentences with 63 on the page index would have re-order index of 15 (made up by me). あげる(2) sentences with 65 on the page index would be re-order index of 36.

Also, what did you use to determine the beginner friendly re-order. At one time, I was going to use either Tai Kim or maybe even the Kanzen Master since they seemed better as a learning order than the dictionary order of the books.
The reorder was more or less at whim, to be completely honest. There isn't any indexing, as I'm pretty much learning how to do everything as I go. If someone where able to do as you've described, it would make it a lot better, and more user friendly.

In a week and a few days the Intermediate spreadsheet should be complete, and I will add it to the original Basic spreadsheet. Essentially, if someone is able and willing to modify in a way which provides a superior structure for users, it would be more than welcomed.
uisukii Wrote:ヤッタ!
If anyone has the time and experience... I am asking for suggestions for a for a more learner friendly re-order. Not sure how to create indexs and such. Ideally, as all data is up for both Basic and Intermediate, a more "optimised" index/order could be created, allowing beginners to have easy access to an extensive Anki Japanese grammar deck.
素晴らしい! Big Grin

I'd recommend use a field to hold an indexing number, this is how the Core deck with multiple ordering goes. This way additional orders can be setup by the user (order by -> field, then reschedule)
RawToast Wrote:[
素晴らしい! Big Grin

I'd recommend use a field to hold an indexing number, this is how the Core deck with multiple ordering goes. This way additional orders can be setup by the user (order by -> field, then reschedule)
Thanks Smile

That sounds like a sensible approach. The only issue now really is constructing some sort of order for it all. While the dictionary order may suit myself well enough, it probably isn't going to be very friendly for those who haven't already gone through a beginners textbook, or something as such.
Uisukii and Tamba...you are amazing. Thank you so much <3
This looks awesome! I'm going to start it today.

I'd just like to point out a spelling error in cards B0087 through B0091.
"A particle which indicates location, expect for the location of existence."

I suspect "expect" was meant to be except.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into this deck!
First and foremost, thanks for all the work you've done!

The updated deck for both basic and intermediate grammar books looks like this:
Front: 522
Back: 'b.コンサート[...]八時から[.../(polite)]。'

From both ankiweb and mediafire. Card template is front: expression, back:meaning, so I guess it's the default one when you create new decks. Was it supposed to be like this?

Just noticed that all the fields besides Expression, Meaning and Reading arent there.
Edited: 2013-06-21, 6:15 am
meeatcookies Wrote:First and foremost, thanks for all the work you've done!

The updated deck for both basic and intermediate grammar books looks like this:
Front: 522
Back: 'b.コンサート[...]八時から[.../(polite)]。'

From both ankiweb and mediafire. Card template is front: expression, back:meaning, so I guess it's the default one when you create new decks. Was it supposed to be like this?

Just noticed that all the fields besides Expression, Meaning and Reading arent there.
I've taken a few screen shots of the downloaded deck from Mediafire appears on my computer:

Front
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ugl2jo.jpg

Back (with reading in the front side highlighted)
http://oi44.tinypic.com/dgor5t.jpg

Back (with notes, etc. further down)
http://oi44.tinypic.com/2jwjtg.jpg

Back (with notes, etc. highlighted)
http://oi44.tinypic.com/hwh4zt.jpg

The cards should appear as in those images. To view the readings, one has to highlight the text with the cursor (or change the colour in the card format settings).

I created the deck formatting prior to importing from a the spreadsheet, so when I downloaded the uploaded deck, no cards were imported (as they were all there), so I'm not entirely if you have to create the card format and fields yourself. Anki 2 is still pretty new to me. If there are still any problems I can copy and paste the card template details and fields I've created.
That's how it looks for me, notice that only 3 fields are there.
http://i39.tinypic.com/v83rya.jpg

Would like to hear how does it work for others.
I've used your previous DOBJG decks, and everything was fine with them.
Edited: 2013-06-22, 3:40 am
CAUTION LENGTHY POST

meeatcookies Wrote:That's how it looks for me, notice that only 3 fields are there.
http://i39.tinypic.com/v83rya.jpg

Would like to hear how does it work for others.
I've used your previous DOBJG decks, and everything was fine with them.
あ、 I'm sorry about that. Honestly, I don't know why it has done that. I'll quote the card template in the deck I downloaded, along with the field data.

Front Template Wrote:<span style="font-family: MS ゴシック; font-size: 15px; ">{{Page}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; font-size: 25px; ">{{Key Sentence}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Reading}}</span><br><br>
<br>
Hint:<br><span style="color: #aa5500">{{Usage}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Meaning}}</span>
Styling Wrote:.card {
font-family: arial;
font-size: 20px;
text-align: center;
color: black;
background-color: white;
}

.card1 { background-color: #ffffdb; }
Back Template Wrote:{{FrontSide}}

<hr id=answer>

Grammatical Concept:<br><span style="font-family: EPSON 太角ゴシック体B; color: #aa007f">{{Grammatical Concept}}</span>
<br>
Related Grammatical Concept:<br><span style=" Unicode MS; font-size: 14px; ">{{Related Grammatical Concept}}</span> <br>
Antonymic Grammatic Concept:<br><span style=" Unicode MS; font-size: 14px; ">{{other}}</span><br><br>
<br>
Notes:<br><span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Notes}}</span><br><br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (a) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (a) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (a) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (b) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (b) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (b) Meaning}}</span><br><br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (.c) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (.c) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (.c) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (d) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (d) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (d) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (e) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (e) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (e) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (f) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (f) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (f) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (g) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (g) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (g) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (h) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (h) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (h) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (i) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (i) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (i) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (j) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (j) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (j) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (k) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (k) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (k) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (l) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (l) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (l) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (m) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (m) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (m) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (n) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (n) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (n) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (o) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (o) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (o) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (p) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (p) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (p) Meaning}}</span>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<span style="font-family: MS Pゴシック; ">{{Example (q) Expression}}</span>
<br>
<span style="color: #aa007f">➥</span><span style="color: #ffffff">{{Example (q) Reading}}</span>
<br>
<span style="font-size: 12px">英語</span><span style="font-size: 10px; color: #ffffff">{{Example (q) Meaning}}</span>
Fields:

Quote:Page
MS ゴシック

Key Sentence
MS Pゴシック

Reading
Arial

Meaning
Arial

Usage
Arial

Grammatical Concept
EPSON 太角ゴシック体B

Related Grammatical Concept
Arial Unicode MS

other
Arial Unicode MS

Notes
MS Pゴシック

Example (a) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (a) Reading
Arial

Example (a) Meaning
Arial

Example (b) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (b) Reading
Arial

Example (b) Meaning
Arial

Example (.c) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (.c) Reading
Arial

Example (.c) Meaning
Arial

Example (d) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (d) Reading
Arial

Example (d) Meaning
Arial

Example (e) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (e) Reading
Arial

Example (e) Meaning
Arial

Example (f) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (f) Reading
Arial

Example (f) Meaning
Arial

Example (g) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (g) Reading
Arial

Example (g) Meaning
Arial

Example (h) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (h) Reading
Arial

Example (h) Meaning
Arial

Example (i) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (i) Reading
Arial

Example (i) Meaning
Arial

Example (j) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (j) Reading
Arial

Example (j) Meaning
Arial

Example (k) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (k) Reading
Arial

Example (k) Meaning
Arial

Example (l) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (l) Reading
Arial

Example (l) Meaning
Arial

Example (m) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (m) Reading
Arial

Example (m) Meaning
Arial

Example (n) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (n) Reading
Arial

Example (n) Meaning
Arial

Example (o) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (o) Reading
Arial

Example (o) Meaning
Arial

Example (p) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (p) Reading
Arial

Example (p) Meaning
Arial

Example (q) Expression
MS Pゴシック

Example (q) Reading
Arial

Example (q) Meaning
Arial

tags
At the moment I'm not sure why it isn't the same on your computer. I might have to take this over to the Anki Google page if I can't sort it out. All this work and it would appear as though I've gone and taken the piss out of people. Really sorry about it not working. Surely someone over at the Google page will be able to help me.

Will try to get this sorted as soon as I can.
Webmaster, the material posted in this thread is copyrighted.
You may find it faster to report the thread, if you haven't already.

You can click the Administrator's profile in order to send an email directly. This is the list:
http://forum.koohii.com/userlist.php

4th from the top.
Well damn before this thread gets deleted, I want to say I truly appreciate all the work that's gone into making this deck. Thanks for sharing! Big Grin
Edited: 2013-07-10, 3:47 pm
It is still effectively accessible via the "website" link on my profile, for the decks, and the Google spreadsheet isn't going anywhere- an email my way and I'd be able to send them a link (it's "shared", so no one needs to sign in or anything to see/download it). But yeah, shame on me for sharing this information, I guess.
There's kind of a gentleman's agreement on the forum about items that are crowd sourced from copyrighted material. Spreadsheets from 2001.Kanji.Odyssey, Dirty Japanese, Understanding Basic Japanese Grammar, etc. are locked down and given viewing access by the owner of the spreadsheet to those that offer modest proof of ownership such as a photo of the book with their email address in the picture.

I think its been an ok way to go. Seven or so years ago there was a copyright complaint on this forum from the guy that put together the Spanish version of RTK. He moaned about people figuring out how to get the info from the official computer version of RTK claiming doing so violated copyright. Fabrice shut down the thread. Aside from that, there's been little to no copyright complaints. I would hope that's been in part is that we don't blatantly trade info gleamed from books. We skirt the line and sometimes jump across it but for the most part we're interested in the academic aspect of everything.

Now, if you lock down your spreadsheet and offer viewing rights to those that have proof of ownership, you're going to get a lot of requests to access it. That does get tedious. Even then, the owners could pitch a fit to Google thinking they own every method of transmission of their material even if you bought their book once. You also have guys that think its fine and dandy to share anything and everything once it's been translated to electronic media. I think somewhere between those extremes is a rational medium.