Back

1M Challenge - NHK News Easy & NHK News #2

#5 spreadsheet has May dates. You should probably change it to June dates. Signed up & double motivated for 1M & 多読! ^^
RawrPk Wrote:#5 spreadsheet has May dates. You should probably change it to June dates. Signed up & double motivated for 1M & 多読! ^^
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll correct it as soon as I stop playing Dota2.... got to get my fix, it's been a loooong month Wink
Signed up for June. Took a month or two off now I'm gonna try and get back into this.
ガンバルンバ!
EPIC SALE: Get 30% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! (Sept 18 - 29)
JapanesePod101
I see NHK are helpfully ramping up the difficulty level for us -- they've gone from three articles a day to four and now five...
I must admit I've still been sticking with the idea of doing 3 per day to keep it consistent...

That way I still have somewhat relevant article for the weekend, anyway.

Have I been doing that wrong?
Feel free to do it any way you like, I think. Personally I read all the articles on the days they come out, and don't do any at the weekend (though usually read Friday's on Saturday since Friday's often a bit busy for me), but spreading them out through the week and the weekend sounds like a good approach.
Damn I found that article on the 探査機 difficult Sad I doubt I'll come across a lot of those words again!
Another month another challenge. I'm a bit surprised June had one of the worst results, guess everyone is getting tired and/or bored of the whole NHK thing and not even Tadoku is going to change that.

The new sheet is available in the same place as usual, this time we submit under #6.
thurd Wrote:Another month another challenge. I'm a bit surprised June had one of the worst results, guess everyone is getting tired and/or bored of the whole NHK thing and not even Tadoku is going to change that.

The new sheet is available in the same place as usual, this time we submit under #6.
Well the summer JLPT test is only a few days away now, so perhaps people have been focusing on materials for that.

I know I stopped reading as much to cover past papers and some workbooks.
I don't mean to sound morbid, but how exactly does Japan maintain a record for longevivity when people die from the weather on an almost daily basis?
Zgarbas Wrote:I don't mean to sound morbid, but how exactly does Japan maintain a record for longevivity when people die from the weather on an almost daily basis?
Given that it's mainly senior citizens expiring from the heat, and considering the problem with Japan's increasingly aging population, maybe they regard it as a welcome thinning of the herd. :-p

But yeah, I've also been surprised listening to the news this summer on how frequent death from 熱中症 is. I've definitely learned 倒れて病院に運ばれましたが、まもなく死亡してしまいました by heart.

One of my tutors is in Malaysia, and she's vowing not to go back to Japan until the summer is over.
It's not just the heat (338 total according to NHK) though. Whenever there's a serious downpour, blizzard or what not there's 1-5 victims. Reading the NHK feels like reading a morbid bingo of "let's see what meteorogical phenomenon killed who". I never thought the weather can be so dangerous =/
Zgarbas Wrote:It's not just the heat (338 total according to NHK) though. Whenever there's a serious downpour, blizzard or what not there's 1-5 victims. Reading the NHK feels like reading a morbid bingo of "let's see what meteorogical phenomenon killed who". I never thought the weather can be so dangerous =/
Life, in general, is dangerous. You even die from it.