When i export my stories to .csv I get 2 problems which I hope someone can help me with. 1/. All the kanji are as wrong as wrong can be. I study on an old work japanese computer with a very old version of excel (i imagine) so could that be the problem?
2/. Also some of the keywords are merged into column 2 instead of being separated between column 2 and 3. This is what I get in column 2 for Heisig number 97 - complete - 了 莠・"complete" Obviously the kanji is wrong and the keyword as far as I was aware should be in column 3. This pattern is repeated quite a lot so far. I'll copy all the columns here in case someone can see an obvious mistake i'm making.
97 莠・"complete" 0 2012/2/29 22:51 A baby in swaddling is the complete package.
But then sometimes I will get rows that are fine. eg
374 閧ｯ agreement 0 2012/4/6 1:05 Footprints on the flesh show the mafia are forcing someone into an agreement. (though
This mixing of the keyword and the (for whatever reason) incorrect kanji means that the story is in column 5.
The reason why I'm only now getting around to sorting this out is that for a long time I was using the book and the official Heisig app to learn but have only recently found this website and anki. I'm up to about number 900 now and am trying to understand how to import my stories into anki. I imagine having the wrong kanji in literally every single square in my excel file is a problem. As is having some stories in column 5 and some in column 6.
I don't mind going through by hand and editing the excel file but presumably this problem will arise everytime I want to import new stories into anki. I had no problem exporting mystories into the official app which is what I did for a while after I found RtK but now I want to graduate to anki so I looked into what was in the excel file a bit more and got confused. Hope somebody can explain why mystories look so weird in excel.