Subs2srs deck downloads

Index » Group study

Reply #26 - 2009 June 10, 1:43 pm
LTze0

I'd be interested in the Death Note deck too, as my English subtitles have ~mysteriously~ become embedded in the video, and would prefer not to have them in the snapshots.

Reply #27 - 2009 June 10, 3:22 pm
Burritolingus
Website

LTze0 wrote:

I'd be interested in the Death Note deck too, as my English subtitles have ~mysteriously~ become embedded in the video, and would prefer not to have them in the snapshots.

May wanna check out your codec settings, specifically FFDshow (assuming that's what you use) - I was having similar subtitle problems last week, and all I had to do was go into FFDshow's options and poke around in the subtitles section. Course that may or may not be your problem, but it's worth a shot.

This thread has a heck of a lot of potential! I've been interested in using subs2srs, myself, but (like many others) have had trouble finding Japanese subs for material I want to watch. That, and I'm really, really lazy. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute in the near future with a deck or two, myself.

Reply #28 - 2009 June 10, 3:41 pm
cjswanson1355

The main reason we would need a selection of decks is simple - Supposing we can find English subs and Japanese subs of a video, they most certainly will not be ready for study. We need decks which have been specifically written for understanding Japanese.

Japanese and English are two very different languages, and a great deal of care needs to be done before a deck can be released.

I am not entirely sure what the translation would be - I would imagine we could simply translate the words within the sentence, and assume that the user could infer the rest from the context of the sentence.

EDIT: For the wikia page, it would probably be a good idea to create 2 sections:

The first section would include decks which have had been translated well, and have also had alot of the "uneeded" sentences removed. As an example, I can fully understand what これ means and that can be removed.  It would help to explain items which may not make sense even if you understand the all of the words in the sentence.

The second section would include decks which have been created with subs2srs, but have not been properly translated.  People could volunteer to translate, trim, and make a deck ready for study before being sent to the first section.

Last edited by cjswanson1355 (2009 June 10, 4:01 pm)

Advertising (register and sign in to hide this)
JapanesePod101
Sponsor

Reply #29 - 2009 June 10, 4:00 pm
bombpersons
Website

cjswanson1355 wrote:

The main reason we would need a selection of decks is simple - Supposing we can find English subs and Japanese subs of a video, they most certainly will not be ready for study. We need decks which have been specifically written for understanding Japanese.

Japanese and English are two very different languages, and a great deal of care needs to be done before a deck can be released.

I am not entirely sure what the translation would be - I would imagine we could simply translate the words within the sentence, and assume that the user could infer the rest from the context of the sentence.

After downloading the deck it would be up to you to prune out too easy / difficult cards. What I do is import them all into my main deck and just go through them all looking up words and if a card is too easy / difficult I just delete it (Ctr + Del to be quicker).

Reply #30 - 2009 June 10, 4:03 pm
Tobberoth

Does anyone have Nobuta wo Produce Japanese subs? If so, I'd love to get ahold of them.

Reply #31 - 2009 June 10, 4:09 pm
albion
Website

I wouldn't mind the Maou decks.

I like the idea of sharing decks for things I own physically (so I don't have to mess around ripping things or downloading them), or stuff I've seen but don't have the files for any more. Plus even if I did have them, if someone's already done it then might as well save the effort.

Reply #32 - 2009 June 10, 6:56 pm
SammyB

pubbie wrote:

Don't be shy, tell me what you want....

*  ClannadAfterStory NoPics, 117 384 587 Bytes
*  ClannadMostEps NoPics, 227 362 273 Bytes
*  DeathNote1-24, 411 210 705 Bytes

お願いします!

Reply #33 - 2009 June 10, 7:23 pm
saru_yo

Tobberoth wrote:

Does anyone have Nobuta wo Produce Japanese subs? If so, I'd love to get ahold of them.

yep, they're available here: http://project-modelino.com/japanese-movies.htm

Tried and did the first episode today.
This sub contains a lot of sound words, and even stuff like notes when music is played or a description of what sound is heard, but that's no problem without a translation. If the deck should include translation, however, a lot of editing would be needed I'd say. ^^;

Reply #34 - 2009 June 10, 10:40 pm
rayne

Excuse me, but this is my first time coming across sub2srs and kitsunekko.net and, although I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, I was wondering if somebody could explain them to me and how they work together. I read the article that was on wikia.com and I still don't completely understand but it sounds like something that could be extremely useful. By the way, if this is happens to be the wrong topic to ask this question could somebody direct me to the right one?

Reply #35 - 2009 June 11, 12:37 am
bombpersons
Website

rayne wrote:

Excuse me, but this is my first time coming across sub2srs and kitsunekko.net and, although I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, I was wondering if somebody could explain them to me and how they work together. I read the article that was on wikia.com and I still don't completely understand but it sounds like something that could be extremely useful. By the way, if this is happens to be the wrong topic to ask this question could somebody direct me to the right one?

This thread might help you big_smile http://forum.koohii.com/viewtopic.php?id=2643

Reply #36 - 2009 June 11, 1:21 am
Nukemarine

CJswanson, I'm with the other guys that we don't need to do too much with these other than making them available. These are decks for mining/picking, meaning you take from them what you want based on your needs.

Same goes with the translation. It doesn't have to be perfect because a person shouldn't be using it much anyone. A great translation will not match up with Japanese, where as a poor translation is probably better as it's likely to be a literal translation (odd that, huh?). Plus if you're mining sentences, it is to your benefit to decipher the sentence yourself, putting definitions/notes where it helps you for that sentence.

As for simple words, well, we're not mining sentences just for words but sometimes the entire sentences. A one or two word reply can easily be merged with the previous 6 word question creating a sentence that's of use to one particular user yet would be useless to another as he already comprehends the entirety.

Sorry for the wordy reply.

Reply #37 - 2009 June 11, 9:50 am
bombpersons
Website

pubbie wrote:

saru_yo wrote:

yep, they're available here: http://project-modelino.com/japanese-movies.htm

Oh right the vobsubs, I timed nobuta myself with aegisub, so I have .srt and .ass files with 30-40% of the lines (in copy-pasteable text) of all but one nobuta wo produce episode. Vobsubs are not useful in my endeavor smile

You can use vobsubs (but as you said you can't copy paste them), however you can use software to convert them via OCR software, I had to do this to convert the blu-ray subs for FFAC. It takes a fair bit of time, but it is probably worth it.

Reply #38 - 2009 June 11, 10:48 am
Hashiriya

great thread guys smile

Reply #39 - 2009 June 11, 11:11 am
Hashiriya

i'm looking at the Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo anki deck now... i understand how to open the .anki file but how do i insert the media in the cards as well? i'm not really good at using Anki...

Reply #40 - 2009 June 11, 11:38 am
bombpersons
Website

Hashiriya wrote:

i'm looking at the Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo anki deck now... i understand how to open the .anki file but how do i insert the media in the cards as well? i'm not really good at using Anki...

If you have a .anki file or a .tsv (I think it's that) then you can go file->import to import the cards to your main deck. To import the media aswell you will need to copy the contents of the .media folder to your own media folder.

If you are pruning cards in your main deck, then you can run tools->advanced->check media folder to delete any files in your media folder that you aren't using (to save space).

Reply #41 - 2009 June 11, 2:27 pm
ahibba
Website

pubbie wrote:

Wiki updated with nobuta, ryuusei and maou links.
http://learnanylanguage.wikia.com/wiki/Sub2srs_decks

Edit: Added death note1-24

Thank you for your efforts pubbie. You are best one in this thread until now.

But I'm afraid to say that it seems that some of what you uploaded isn't there anymore.

I tried to download Death Note 1-24, but it was uploaded to 2 file sharing hosts only, and it seems that they removed it! It was not uploaded to rapidshare or zshare for example because it's larger than 200 MB.

Why don't you split it into 2 parts?

Reply #42 - 2009 June 11, 2:41 pm
ahibba
Website

The same thing apply to Ryuusei no kizuna. They removed it b/c it is larger than 200 MB.

But rapishare links of Maou, Nobuta wo Produce, Clannad After Story are OK, because they are smaller than 200 MB. I didn't check the other file sharing links.

Reply #43 - 2009 June 11, 2:45 pm
ahibba
Website

The uploading... message isn't a lie, but it's an automatic process as you know, so they don't know that rapidshare or other file hosts refused the file.

As for rapidshare, it says: "Maximum upload size 200 MB."

I'll wait for Zshare and the others.

Reply #44 - 2009 June 11, 2:47 pm
bombpersons
Website

ahibba wrote:

pubbie wrote:

Wiki updated with nobuta, ryuusei and maou links.
http://learnanylanguage.wikia.com/wiki/Sub2srs_decks

Edit: Added death note1-24

Thank you for your efforts pubbie. You are best one in this thread until now.

But I'm afraid to say that it seems that some of what you uploaded isn't there anymore.

I tried to download Death Note 1-24, but it was uploaded to 2 file sharing hosts only, and it seems that they removed it! It was not uploaded to rapidshare or zshare for example because it's larger than 200 MB.

Why don't you split it into 2 parts?

It doesn't look like rapidspread is gonna be able to upload to any of the file hosts, since the file is too big for all of them...

It's quite easy to make split archives, I use Peazip (Free, Opensource, Yay big_smile). When you compress the folders you can specify archive sizes and it will make multiple archives of that size.

I get really annoyed at people who upload like 10 parts to rapidshare, and you have to wait like a week to download it because of the waiting time inbetween downloads.... Though it's much easier with a host like rapidspread though, since you can download through multiple hosts at the same time big_smile

Last edited by bombpersons (2009 June 11, 2:48 pm)

Reply #45 - 2009 June 12, 12:57 pm
bombpersons
Website

pubbie wrote:

I've updated the wiki with proper links.

Anyways, I probably won't visit this forum for a long long time... I just remembered how much this place sucked and how most of you people are losers. Not all, just most.

...why?

Reply #46 - 2009 June 12, 5:41 pm
ahibba
Website

pubbie wrote:

I've updated the wiki with proper links.

Anyways, I probably won't visit this forum for a long long time... I just remembered how much this place sucked and how most of you people are losers. Not all, just most.

pubbie, I appreciate your efforts, and I understand you.

In the summer many people become lazy. I'm one of them.

IceCream wrote:

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

Are you influenced so much by the Japanese writing?

Can't you split your sentences or put spaces between the words?

Last edited by ahibba (2009 June 12, 5:41 pm)

Reply #47 - 2009 June 12, 11:47 pm
Nii87

I was gonna upload Deathnote after finally finishing work but it looks like Pubbie has beaten me to the punch and then some! Sorry guys!

Last edited by Nii87 (2009 June 12, 11:47 pm)

Reply #48 - 2009 June 13, 6:07 am
ahibba
Website

IceCream wrote:

ahibba wrote:
In the summer many people become lazy. I'm one of them.

Ha ha ha smile

Nii87 wrote:

I was gonna upload Deathnote after finally finishing work but it looks like Pubbie has beaten me to the punch and then some! Sorry guys!

You can upload other series or movies.

Reply #49 - 2009 June 16, 2:49 am
cescoz

There is someone who want an anki deck of the second shippuuden movie of naruto?
It's composed by video, pictures, jp and eng subs images from the dvd(I don't have the time to ocr those)
It's around 370mb and videos and pictures from the movie are 720x480...
I don't have a fast connection(hmm in upload it really sucksXD) however if someone is interested...let me know if somebody have the time and experince to ocr the jp sub of the movie, are 856 lines or so

Reply #50 - 2009 June 16, 8:31 am
Robatsu

Took me a while, but finally got the final fantasy deck working in Anki. I have a quick question to settle a suspicion of mine. I downloaded the three parts and stuffit expander (I'm a Mac user btw) could only recognise part one and extract that and not the others. Would I be right in guessing that when it ran part 1 it extracts the data from parts 2 and 3 automatically? If so, then I must have all the data for the deck to be running correctly right? Looking at the .avi files they do seem to range across the length of the film now that I look at it...

Thanks very much guys, this could be a howitzer tool for SRS'ing.