I'll go first.
- Allows you to quickly capture a small portion of the screen, OCR it and (by default) save the result to the clipboard.
- May be used to automatically or semi-automatically create Japanese Anki vocabulary cards based on a provided list of words and one or more of your favorite EPWING dictionaries and/or the included EDICT J-E dictionary and Tatoeba example sentence corpus.
Kanji Word Association Tool
- This tool was created for students who want to learn kanji and words at the same time in the most optimal fashion possible. Based on a user-provided list of kanji, this tool will generate a list of words that are associated with each kanji and ensure that each word consists only of kanji that you have already studied up to that point and kana. In addition, words are sorted by frequency and no duplicate words are used.
Japanese Text Analysis Tool
- Used to analyze Japanese texts and generate 4 kinds of reports: Word Frequency Report, Kanji Frequency Report, Formula-based Readability Report, and User-based Readability Report.
- Used to perform a gloss on Japanese text complete with de-inflected expressions, readings, audio pronunciation, example sentences, pitch accent, word frequency, kanji information, and grammar analysis.
- A utility that will convert a Japanese novel (in text form) to one or more specially formatted HTML files.
OCR Manga Reader for Android
- OCR Manga Reader is a free and open source Android app that allows you to quickly OCR and lookup Japanese words in real-time. It does not have ads and does not require network permissions. Supports EDICT J-E dictionary, ENAMDICT name dictionary (optional), kanji dictionary (optional), and up to 4 EPWING dictionaries.
(aka Rikaichan: RevTK Community Edition
) - Link
- A modification of Rikaichan to include 1) Ability to hear the pronunciation for the highlighted word, 2) EPWING Mode, 3) J-J sanseido dictionary lookups, 4) Word frequency, 5) Pitch accents 6) Advanced save options, 7) Ability to save directly to an Anki deck, 8) Super Sticky Mode, 9) Customizable shortcut keys 10) Startup tab in options dialog, 11) Kanji link to the study page, 12) Transparency, 13) Show which words are already in your known or to-do words list.
- A utility that allows you to create SRS (for example Anki) import files based on your favorite foreign language movies and TV shows to aid in the language learning process.
Other useful things:
Aozora Gaiji Replacer
A utility that will look at a Japanese novel and replace aozora gaiji constructs with UTF-8 equivalents.
A utility that will remove the Aozora constructs and HTML tags from a file or a directory of files.
Audio Lesson Studio
- Allows you to create simple, user-defined, .mp3 audio lessons that may be used as an aid for learning languages or just about anything else - use your imagination! Audio can be based on existing media or automatically generated using Text-To-Speech.
- Command line media player to go with the shared Anki plugin Custom Media Player 2. Unlike mplayer, bassplayer will play very short audio files to completion. Usage
cb's Japanese Frequency List Sorter
- Sorts a list of Japanese words based on their frequency.
cbJisho - E-J Dictionary Based on Word Frequency
- An English-to-Japanese dictionary that sorts results based on relative frequencies in blogs, newspapers and novels.
JDIC Audio Extraction Tool
- Tools for extracting desired JDIC audio files from the linked offline JDIC vocabulary audio archive.
- A utility that uses OCR technology to automatically convert VOBSUB subtitles (.idx/.sub) to subrip (.srt) subtitles. (Currently in the experimental stage).
Word List Duplicate Remover
- Finds both unique and duplicate words based on a list of words that you want to learn and the words already in your Anki deck.
Edited: 2015-10-10, 9:59 pm