Back

Motivational video for handling AJATT!

Some of you probably know this video I made for RTK http://tinyurl.com/6x6jjus

Which I posted on this thread
http://forum.koohii.com/showthread.php?tid=5540

Now I'm planning on making one for AJATT! in a similar style
(Studying Japanese all the time/hardcore)

So if anyone is interested in this & has:

good ideas

good quotes from users of this forum

other useful motivational Info

or IMAGES!...post here!

There is a big chance that I'll put useful things in the video, so that both you, I and others will benefit from this!
sounds cool, I guess posting motivational quotes are essential. I'll start off first:

If one person were to add 10 kanji per day, they would eventually reach 3650 kanji by the end of the year.

If one where to add 20 per day, they would reach over 7000 in one year.

Simple things everyday, will eventually lead to mastery in the future. It's just that simple
Just show up to your Japanese environment nobody is forcing you to learn ... but you will.
JapanesePod101
"You'll never win a game where all you want to do is win."

"You don’t mess up by doing the wrong thing.
You mess up by doing nothing."

"It's never too late to become what you might have been."

"Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them."

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take."

"If I ever wanted to get anywhere, I would have to shut up and start walking the road, rather than discussing the map, the trip, the territory and whether the journey was even worth taking."

"You cannot get ahead while you are getting even."

"10,000 people wanna do it. 100 people start. 1 keeps it up"

"You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction
overnight."

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

"How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?"

Videos:

"You may not be able to win everytime, but you can always choose to lose.'
@Es2Kay

"10,000 people wanna do it. 100 people start. 1 keeps it up"
I love this one, as out of all the people I know, I'm the only one doing it/continue doing it. No matter what.
ta12121
This quotes changed my life, one way or another.
Edited: 2011-03-14, 7:04 pm
Lance Armstrong Nike Commercial

Es2Kay Wrote:ta12121
This quotes changed my life, one way or another.
pretty much
Guys anyone know any really good pictures?

especially citylife, Tokyo etc.

I need a picture with the rising sun/ sunshine, where it's taken on a Japanese street.

I can't find any good ones on google.
jettyke Wrote:Guys anyone know any really good pictures?

I need a picture with the rising sun/ sunshine, where it's taken on a Japanese street.

let me see what I can find
jettyke Wrote:Guys anyone know any really good pictures?

How about this one (http://regex.info/blog/photostream/japan.html#random)? On the remaining blog of this guy there are tons of more nice photos. Though I guess you'll have to ask him about using the photos, because of copy right and such. But he seems to be overall a very nice person, and if you explain what you want to use the photos for, I'm sure he'll give his ok. The Photos are mainly from Kyoto, where he and his family live.

Or this one (http://mboogiedown-japan.blogspot.com/), though I don't know what happened to the blogger, since she hasn't updated her blog in years. Again Kyoto photos and here mainly gaishas etc.
Also a good ad:

@Biene

Thanks a lot, this first guy's series look perfect!
jettyke Wrote:@Biene

those are awesome pictures.High quality
ta12121 Wrote:

those are awesome pictures. High quality
でしょう? I really like his blog, both the pictures and the short descriptions and stories that accompany the pictures.

Oh, and also a quote I really like:

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Francis of Assisi
Edited: 2011-03-16, 3:30 pm
Biene Wrote:
ta12121 Wrote:

those are awesome pictures. High quality
でしょう? I really like his blog, both the pictures and the short descriptions and stories that accompany the pictures.

Oh, and also a quote I really like:

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Francis of Assisi
I like that one too.

As for the pictures, dang. Those are awesome quality/pictures. Definitely need to save a few
Two more photoblogs:

http://www.tokyoluv.com/ (Mainly photos from Tokyo. Different style to Jeffrey's blog but interesting non the less.)

http://blog.moment.ee/ (this one is not from Japan, but from Estonia, but this photographer makes absolutely wonderful photos from the Estonian nature.)

Also, how about getting a native speaker to translate the quotes you're planning to put into the video? Then you could use the English quote and after that the Japanese equivalent. I'm thinking in the direction that the English quote is still visible (for a short time) while the Japanese equivalent is fading in/appearing.

@ta12121
Glad you like that quote too, though I have to say I also liked the 10.000 > 100 > 1 quite a lot. Smile
If you like nice high quality photos you defenetly have to check out Remo Savisaar's blog. It makes me actually consider visiting Estonia for vacation holidays.
If you're coming to Tallinn sometime during the weekends, contact me. Perhaps me and my Japanese, Estonian and korean friends will have one of those hardcore weekend drinking parties or will just go drinking somewhere lol Big Grin
There are also expected many birthdays and perhaps asian cultural parties to be in april and May, so it's a good chance Tongue

Or starting from friday there are spring holidays in Estonia so it's also a good time Big Grin
Edited: 2011-03-16, 4:49 pm
Biene Wrote:Two more photoblogs:

http://www.tokyoluv.com/ (Mainly photos from Tokyo. Different style to Jeffrey's blog but interesting non the less.)

http://blog.moment.ee/ (this one is not from Japan, but from Estonia, but this photographer makes absolutely wonderful photos from the Estonian nature.)

Also, how about getting a native speaker to translate the quotes you're planning to put into the video? Then you could use the English quote and after that the Japanese equivalent. I'm thinking in the direction that the English quote is still visible (for a short time) while the Japanese equivalent is fading in/appearing.

@ta12121
Glad you like that quote too, though I have to say I also liked the 10.000 > 100 > 1 quite a lot. Smile
If you like nice high quality photos you defenetly have to check out Remo Savisaar's blog. It makes me actually consider visiting Estonia for vacation holidays.
I don't know about translation, I've tried a few times to translate quotes into russian for my friends, but after translation they sounded kinda awkward and not motivational anymore Smile
Edited: 2011-03-16, 4:42 pm
Biene Wrote:Two more photoblogs:

@ta12121
bookmarked both. High quality pictures as usual Big Grin.
That quote relates to me so much. As I'm the only one that keeps learning jp out of the people I know. I'm even doing better than someone who has been studying for more than 5 years now. Sad part is, I give a lot of good advice from my own experience. But not everyone listens. But for me, I'll keep going and keep learning until I get to my goals.
By the way I didn't say it, but when making this video I'll be trying to take care of short-term motivation, if that makes any sense to anyone.

Example:
You have a lack of motivation to study Japanese, but you know you have time. watch the video for 5 minutes, get motivation, and do the Japanese stuff you've gotta do.That's all.

What I will not be trying to do is make an educational video about the Ajatt method, neither will I try to put any long quotes for long-term use, at least in this video.
jettyke Wrote:By the way I didn't say it, but when making this video I'll be trying to take care of short-term motivation, if that makes any sense to anyone.

Example:
You have a lack of motivation to study Japanese, but you know you have time. watch the video for 5 minutes, get motivation, and do the Japanese stuff you've gotta do.That's all.

What I will not be trying to do is make an educational video about the Ajatt method, neither will I try to put any long quotes for long-term use, at least in this video.
that's key. I noticed a lot of times, when I'm feeling down for (no motivation). I always try to find motivation to keep me going. For now, fun is my motivation.
What I noticed throughout the year1+ of learning jp is that. We need to have fun and have good motivation to keep us going and going.
Someone please motivate me, because I have time to proceed with making the video.

(The best is of course, if you write something interesting to add to the video etc.Big Grin)
Edited: 2011-05-16, 4:43 pm
(2011-05-16, 4:43 pm)jettyke Wrote: Someone please motivate me, because I have time to proceed with making the video.

(The best is of course, if you write something interesting to add to the video etc.Big Grin)

When I need a good portion of inspiration I look again and again through the story of this speaker