Back

Kanzen Master 1kyuu 文法

So,
because our questions have more or less been ignored for a long time now in the "Kanzen Master 2kyuu" thread, I thought it might help to open a new thread and maybe start a new project if anyone is interested?
First of all, we should find out if there's really no 1kyuu grammar spreadsheet around!
If there's an incomplete one, we could at least start from there.

Anyway, anybody interested?
It's fairly complete. The original spreadsheet had both km2 and km1, but they were split up as some people only had one book thus should not get access to both. Not sure who's the guy to ask about it though.
Oh, it is?
Well, it would be awesome if somebody could actually share it with us then.
Hope the ones who have access to it actually read it.
Otherwise we might have to start a new project (don't wanna waste time if not necessary, though).
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
If you email me proof of your book, I'll send you what I have so far if nobody else is stepping up to bat.
Hello! Smile
I sent you an e-mail with proof of ownership a few days ago. Did you get it?
I did too :p. Let us know if you can hook us up.
I have this book and would be super happy if I could get in on this as well.
Okonomiyaki Wrote:I have this book and would be super happy if I could get in on this as well.
what he said. I was planning on doing teh grueling work of typing up the example sentence manually but this would be a HUGE boon to the cause.
I invited the two who have sent me their picture so far. (since that was the original requirement way back when)
Thank you very much! Smile
@kerosan41 -- I hope you're still inviting people who send you pictures.... Check your email. Big Grin
Hi is this project still alive? I have the Kanzen Master 2kyuu book and just got the N1 book. I was wondering if anyone was interested in mining the sentences with me.
I was thinking about buying the 1kyuu book in the next couple of weeks, so you'll probably be hearing from me soon enough!
Great Tzadeck! it was like impossible to find. I had to buy it from amazon.
Hello,

I'm starting to work on mining the Kanzen Master Level 1 Grammar book with another person and it would be great if there were others who were interested in this project.

Regards,

Kaiten
kaiten1 Wrote:Hello,

I'm starting to work on mining the Kanzen Master Level 1 Grammar book with another person and it would be great if there were others who were interested in this project.

Regards,

Kaiten
It's already mined as mentioned in this thread.
When I buy a book, instead of typing it all out, I simply enter one of the sentences into google. There seem to be many (largely chinese) web sites with lots of printed material already typed out. That is, in fact, what I did for the OLD version of the Kanzen Master Level 1 grammar book - it yielded good results. All you have to do is proofread the sentences, which is itself a great way of getting used to the material.
hey guys, i would really appreciate getting access to the spreadsheet. i don't want to waste time copy/pasting from chinese websites and checking for typos if the spreadsheet is already available. i emailed kerosan41 a few weeks ago but no response. can someone else with access invite me? here's proof of ownership: http://yfrog.com/4j73391758j

my email is radical.tyro at gmail. thanks!
Yeah, I also want in. Kaiten1 invited me to start a new project, but that's stupid if someone's already done the work. Does anyone have access besides kerosan41?
I'm pretty sure I've still got access to the Kanzen Master 1kyuu Grammar spreadsheet.

Send me an email (via the handy "E-mail" link under the avatar) with proof of ownership, and I'll add you in. I think you might need a gmail account to get in, if i remember correctly. I'll probably get back to you tomorrow or something.

Keep in mind, it's not 100% complete, but it's pretty good.
I actually sent a pretty complete version to kaiten1 that also includes over 50 sentences of 2級 points that were contained in どんな時どう使う but not in KM2級. I added most of the sentences at the end of the book as well (the section after the initial 109 points). kaiten1 has some plans to proof read and spruce it up a bit, but if anybody's impatient then let me know and I'll send it as a tab-separated text file. One thing I didn't bother adding is the readings though, which might be a problem for some.
javizy: that sounds really useful.
kaiten1: do you plan on sharing your improvements with others who own the book?
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the process of completing Javizy's version with additional info from the book. I'd also like to break up the grammar points that have multiple structures into discrete points with their own accompanying example sentences for SRS efficiency. I plan on adding English translations for those sentences as well. I view this as a longer term project and would love to have others join in so we can finally create a master Kanzen Master spreadsheet for this forum.

Please let me know if you're interested. I'm currently working on breaking out the structures so that the book can be worked on in piece meal fashion.

Otherwise if you are simply interested in getting Javizy's version, I'll defer to him as to how he wants to distribute his edits since that's where the credit belongs.
kaiten1 Wrote:Please let me know if you're interested. I'm currently working on breaking out the structures so that the book can be worked on in piece meal fashion.
I don't understand what you mean by this. In the 2級 book, there were very often multiple meanings listed separately, but that doesn't appear to be the case for the 1級 book. Can you give an example so I know if it's something I want to help out with? Also, I'm not interested in english translations, but I am interested in adding whatever information from the book that may be currently lacking. If there's a google doc for this, please add me and I'll try to help out however I can (see post above for proof of purchase and email). Thanks!
bump... i've contacted 4 people from this thread to get the data in any form but haven't gotten any response. can't someone help me out? thanks!