Back

Rikaichan: RevTK Community Edition

I have a small bug. My bracket/slash keys work (the keys that change dictionary entries when there are multiple choices), but sometimes they don't work at all when I try to switch between an epwing dictionary's multiple definitions. Of course I can work around this by setting "show all definitions at once", but then if I have example sentences turned on it gets too long even for things with just 2 definitions.

edit: Here's some example words: 帯びる、上級者

In these examples it only applies to the 大辞林. It seems that since that dictionary sometimes has Japanese to English, it lists that as a separate definition and on the topright of the box it will be displayed as "1/2", but you can't switch to the second one.

But 行人 has an English definition as well and it can be switched to just fine...

So I guess the problem was illusory, I wasn't missing out an additional definitions (but I thought I was, thus causing me to switch to "display all" when it actually did not help).
Edited: 2016-05-20, 8:19 pm
I'm having a problem with the current versions of Rikaisama and Pale moon. The older version I was using (20.9) was working just fine with the older version of Pale Moon, but when both updated, I couldn't get Rikaisama to start up at all. It doesn't disable the plugin, it just won't start.

Also, a feature request: is there a way to merge/add a reading field in brackets next to the vocab word field? Like 車[くるま] for using furigana in cards?

That way, I could have vocab, vocab-furigana, audio, example sentence, meaning, etc.
(2016-05-24, 12:32 pm)rich_f Wrote: I'm having a problem with the current versions of Rikaisama and Pale moon. The older version I was using (20.9) was working just fine with the older version of Pale Moon, but when both updated, I couldn't get Rikaisama to start up at all. It doesn't disable the plugin, it just won't start.

Also, a feature request: is there a way to merge/add a reading field in brackets next to the vocab word field? Like 車[くるま] for using furigana in cards?

That way, I could have vocab, vocab-furigana, audio, example sentence, meaning, etc.

But you can already do that?

Just use $d[$r] in your format string
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
D'oh! Thanks. Wasn't using the programming side of my brain. -_-

As for the Pale Moon thing, it still doesn't work. I solved that by installing Firefox, but if CB wants to keep it compatible with Pale Moon, too, it doesn't seem to work.

EDIT: And thanks to that, I was also able to create the [sound:] tag in Anki as well as importing the free pronunciation file. Very handy! (Just remember to save the sound files to your Media folder in Anki.)
Edited: 2016-05-24, 9:56 pm
Hello, guys.

I recently found out about the Rikaisama Firefox extension and I think it's fantastic. Thanks cb4960 for this useful extension!

I think some features would be very useful to me (and maybe to others too). The main one would be the first item in the wishlist at http://rikaisama.sourceforge.net/wishlist.html.
1. Ability to choose which entry to save instead of always picking the first entry.

So I decided to contribute to the community and created a Rikaisama fork on github where I can develop new features useful to me. Some of these features maybe will be useful just to me, but other ones surely will be useful to others, so maybe cb4960 can reintegrate these on the original Rikaisama code base.

The repository is located at https://github.com/txgio/orikaisama

The first feature I developed is the ability to choose which entry to save. You can download the alpha release .xpi at:
https://github.com/txgio/orikaisama/rele....0-alpha.1
I need to test it more thoroughly, but if you want to help on the testing, the .xpi is not signed yet so you may need to disable extension signature checking (about:config > xpinstall.signatures.required to false)

It works by showing an arrow next to the current entry, which is the entry on which the save, play audio, copy to clipboard and anki import operations will be done.
[Image: orikaisama.png]
You can move the arrow one entry up or down using the same Epwing next/previous entry shorcuts (by default [ and ]).

The branch with this new feature is the rikaichan-entry-chooser.

I hope it can be useful to someone.

Another feature I plan to work on is the development of a version 2 EDICT Japanese-English dictionary extension, which is more complete than the current version 1 available at http://www.polarcloud.com/.
Edited: 2016-05-26, 5:16 pm
The audio on hover is not working. Tested using Firefox on Windows and Ubuntu.
i trying to save words from web to my text but i got some problems
[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_06_05_at_13_01_27.jpg]
in red box, i want it appear on my text but i don't know what is it name!
[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_06_05_at_13_05_38.png]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2016_06_05_at_13_06_12.png]
how to resolve that? someone help me please
In EPWING mode, can there be a way to quit processing an entry after a line matching a regex has matched?

Kenkyusha has a lot of "related term" text that heavily bloats the entry, and you can filter out almost all of it with a regex that excludes lines that don't start with [A-Za-z0-9=⇒〔~【] (probably missing some characters that should be allowed), but some related term definitions start with numbers because they're pushed onto a second line.

Here's an example of what it looks like with the "exclude examples etc" regex from an old changelog: http://i.imgur.com/GpLscA8.png

I want to exclude everything past the line starting with "6 〔" by cutting off the entry at the first line that looks like a related term.
Hi,

I have a feature request / suggestion. I find it really tiring after a while to always point the cursor exactly at the start of the next word. I think it'd be really useful if one could navigate the text in a vi-like manner instead, that lets one navigate the cursor with keyboard shortcuts, skipping one word at a time, etc.

There's already a feature called 'caret browsing' built into the browser (press F7), maybe it could be built on top of that.

What do you think?
Edited: 2016-06-16, 8:08 am
Does anyone know if everything is OK with cb? He hasn't logged on in a long time and none of his projects have been updated since around the same time he last logged in.
I want to use the "Remove text matching the following RegEx" option, in the "EPWING" options, but I don't know what regex to use, or if it is even possible to do: I want to remove the very first line of the epwing definition (usually the word itself followed by its reading).

Thank you in advance!

EDIT:

Solved!

PHP Code:
^.*\

it matches only the first line, so it removes only the first line Smile
Edited: 2016-10-16, 5:23 pm
Ok, I have a new request, is it possible to add an option to change the way a sentence is saved/imported into Anki?

I would like it to save a longer sentence than the one enclosed between the "。", "\n", "?" and "!" characters.

For example in this text:

Quote:抜けるような青空をバックに、才人の顔をまじまじと覗き込んでいる女の子が言った。才人と年はあまり変わらない。黒いマントの下に、白いブラウス、グレーのプリーツスカートを着た体をかがめ、呆れたように覗き込んでいる。

顔は……。可愛い。桃色がかったブロンドの髪と透き通るような白い肌を舞台に、くりくりと鳶色の目が踊っている。ガイジンみたいだ。というかガイジンである。人形のように可愛いガイジンの娘さんである。いや、ハーフだろうか?

しかし、彼女が着ているのはどこの学校の制服だろう。見たことない。

If I put the mouse cursor "ハーフ" word, it will save "いや、ハーフだろうか?" while I want to save something longer, like the previous and following 50 characters, whether or not it encounters end or begin of line, point, and so on.

Is it possible? I'm looking at the source code and it doesn't seem so difficul. I've tried to do some editing and then to repack the jar file but then Rikaisama stops working :/

Any help will be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

EDIT:

I've done this too, I will post the modification tomorrow in case anyone need it.
Edited: 2016-10-16, 7:51 pm
Rikaisama is not working in Firefox 50. @cb4960
(2016-11-23, 7:47 pm)ryuudou Wrote: Rikaisama is not working in Firefox 50. @cb4960

Works for me. Can you clarify the issue you are having?
No longer activates at all. The extension is enabled, but when you click the red button for Rikaisama it doesn't activate.

Happened right after the update.
Try to remove the button, deactivate the extension, restart firefox, activate the extension and add the button again. It did the trick for me with firebug ages ago after an update.
The culprit was electrolysis. Firefox 50 must enable it by default for some users.
Edited: 2016-11-24, 7:15 pm
I know this is on the verge of a necro, but I'm really confused. I have some ebz files for epwing dictionaries and I tried to load them into rikaisama and they didn't do anything? Am I doing it wrong/
Bad news, it seems the add-on is dead according to this message from cb4960 on the Rikaisama website:

Quote:*** THIS ADD-ON IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. FEATURES MAY BREAK IN FUTURE VERSIONS OF FIREFOX. ***

Sad
(2017-05-15, 1:49 am)EuPcsl Wrote: Bad news, it seems the add-on is dead according to this message from cb4960 on the Rikaisama website:

Quote:*** THIS ADD-ON IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED. FEATURES MAY BREAK IN FUTURE VERSIONS OF FIREFOX. ***

Sad

Good - so let's all get behind Yomichan, which is actively maintained and supported by the demonically possessed FooSoft.