Back

Dope Japanese Hip-Hop

kurohachi Wrote:I heard a Dotama track "Holy Land" yesterday, its definitely out there but interesting. I dug it. You know, that BD Balance album is amazing, BD (and his producers) is very good at making albums with crazy replay value. Every track is fantastic, but man "The Wanted" track is just wow. BD n Febb (jjj on there for a bit) rode that beat nice, and Hassy the Wanted constructed a banger of a beat, my goodness.
Oh you need to check out VIKN's album Capital, it's pretty much the same producers and I can play that album from front to finish for days.
I checked out Vikn Capital, pretty solid. "Capital Steelo" and "Starting 5" are sick. I havent heard Norikyo's yet, but will eventually. Oh yea, febb new album is being streamed here.

http://wdsounds.bandcamp.com/album/febb-...son-stream
Buddha Brand's best-of album is one of best albums I've ever heard. Incredible.
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
One-Law "Misty" is very good, that track "Payday" is bonkers.
Jeez, NF Zesshou's Natural Freaks, Kid Fresino's Horseman's Scheme n SD Junksta Overdose Nippon are great albums. Mr Pug solo is solid.
That Mega G Juswanna is Dead Remix is dope, need to hear the original. That SD Junksta Overdose Nippon gets better n better. I need to hear their first album.
Still gotta hear the SD Junksta album, Bachlogic always comes through.
Yea Bachlogic brought it with his production. Some songs on there would have the beat change up seamlessly. Great album.
Great thread, many fantastic suggestions... can't believe I've ignored it for so long.

I'm completely hooked on Buddha Brand and Loop Junktion. If anyone has recommendations for the same kind of chilled, funky-jazzy-hip-hop (with vocals), I'd definitely be interested. Perfect chillout / background music after a day's work. Sounds a lot like The Roots, if perhaps a bit funkier. Love it.

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but this track by 鬼 is pretty awesome
Edited: 2014-02-03, 6:14 pm
Got that new Zimback album "What's Real?" off itunes, its incredible. Album of the year thus far.

@Linval- You might want to check the links below, these tracks are in that jazzy/funk realm beatwise (though they dont sound like Oni) all from recent albums released:

this last one i dont have the album, but i dig the track

HOLY SHIZZ THIS THREAD.

Sup noob here but I've been a fan of Japanese Hip-Hop since 2007. I see there are some crossover users from Ongaku Eternal on here LOL.

Just wanted to add that some my fave releases from 2013 were:

Loota - Dessin
KLOOZ - DECORATION
KREVA - SPACE
Zeebra - 25 To Life
NORIKIYO - 花水木
SIMON - B.U.I.L.D
AK-69 - The Independent King
YOUNG DAIS - Accent
大地 - iScream
LBとOtowa - THE MAD BOMBER
MATCH - #GrooveAndRose

Right now I'm listening to Romancrews new album and I just bought MAS debut album which was entirely produced by Michael James. I also just bought MAKITO's new single "Skull & 2Face" cuz it's hood as phuk lol
A new K Dub and Utamaru song was aired on タマフル last week

HereConfused a link to the episode. Song is about 10 mins in

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22851327
Kuro can You upload Zimback album on our superb j-urban blog spot ? Smile

i would listen and fresh album would be change to alive of blog.
@Hoshiro

I want to, and put others on there, but I dont know how to upload there. Dont know if i have the access to do so, did KREVA give you upload rights on there?
yes i have access to the blog.

wonder how to do it if somehow you can sent me a file and me upload...

i was uploading many files there but now the blog is not really fresh ;]

i would give my 5 cents too again and help You too.
I will try again to see if i can upload, because i have access to the blog but dont know how to upload. If i cant figure out, ill send you links to the files i want to upload.
i think you can do it via enter http://www.blogger.com

i have there navigation whit my email
How can I get invited to that blog?
zillacles Wrote:How can I get invited to that blog?
ditto
kurohachi Wrote:I will try again to see if i can upload, because i have access to the blog but dont know how to upload. If i cant figure out, ill send you links to the files i want to upload.
Hoshiro, check your PMs.
i did to You reply in email.
@Hoshiro

Cool, much appreciated. I'm trying to find the Bobo the Trimmer "Center of Gravity" album. Cant find it anywhere.
i send in email to You, the album.
Hoshiro Wrote:i send in email to You, the album.
Hoshiro, you're the man, thanks again!
twinblades & zillacles, a user named KREVA on here added us to his blog. Dont know if he still frequently posts on here, but he would be the one to ask.