Back

Community IRC Channel.

Sometimes if you want to just ask a small question using the forum can take to long / be inconvenient. How about a community IRC channel for RTK?

I've started a channel at uk.ircnet.org #RTK
(I think you can use any server at http://www.ircnet.com/index.php?p=5 however)

*EDIT*
New server at:
#rtk at irc.rizon.net

I guess this can be subject to change if need be be, but what do you guys think?
Edited: 2009-10-19, 10:30 am
An IRC channel is always a good idea, though I'm a bit too lazy to use IRC frequently, these days.

I do find our Twitter community to be excellent for this sort of thing too, though! Well, as long as the question is 140 characters or less, anyway.
Great idea, but it's completely dead at the moment Tongue
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
http://mibbit.com/chat/ mibbit online irc client, choose ircnet write #RTK in the channel field to the right.
I think this is a bad idea, because chats bring out the douches in people (I certainly get more troll:ish when chatting), still Im probably going to frequent this channel often...
Tobberoth Wrote:Great idea, but it's completely dead at the moment Tongue
Works for me. Are you trying to connect to uk.ircnet.org? Try using another one on the list, they all lead to the same place I think.
bombpersons Wrote:
Works for me. Are you trying to connect to uk.ircnet.org? Try using another one on the list, they all lead to the same place I think.
What he meant was that the room was 'dead' socially. It kind of was around the time he came, since I was sorta busy and you left the room as soon as he entered. Tongue
KaitouJS Wrote:
bombpersons Wrote:
What he meant was that the room was 'dead' socially. It kind of was around the time he came, since I was sorta busy and you left the room as soon as he entered. Tongue
Everyones time zone is the complete opposite of mine =D
Indeed! I had a friend from the UK and he was never on when I was on, it kinda sucks. Oh well, that's life, I guess.
The RtK Twitter community is great enough I reckon =)
bombpersons Wrote:Everyones time zone is the complete opposite of mine =D
Nah, Sweden is just 1 hour ahead of the UK Wink
twitter sucks,
I like it olddd school =D
liosama Wrote:twitter sucks,
Personally I find carrier pigeons a tad messy, but each to his own. I won't judge you (I will)

Wink
Edited: 2009-08-01, 7:48 am
blackmacros Wrote:
liosama Wrote:twitter sucks,
Personally I find carrier pigeons a tad messy, but each to his own. I won't judge you (I will)

Wink
hahahha, I actually lol'ed
Can I get operator privs? I wont kick anyone.
For some reason there are no ops in the channel...
I guess ircnet doesnt have channelbots to register stuff with? We could all leave the channel so it is created again and someone gets OP Smile
I'm pretty sure ircnet has chanserv. You have to register a channel first so that you get op/founder privileges, though..
How do you do it?
I think you have to type '/cs register roomname password'. You have to be a registered member on any server to register first, so I believe you also have to type '/ns register password email' before you put that in.. I could be wrong about the commands, but the server should remind you what you're doing wrong if you input the commands differently.
Edited: 2009-08-04, 12:48 pm
Quote:[14:45] Closing Link: Grog[unknown@67.87.100.76] (Unauthorized connection)
-
[14:45] * Disconnected
??

Oh wait, it's on ircnet. nevermind. I probably bounced because of the "uk"

No, wait, scratch that. I cannot connect.
Edited: 2009-08-20, 3:24 pm
We desperately need more people to join. It's a really fun and fast way to discuss Japanese, more people need to try it out.
Ok so I went to that mibbit site, typed in #RTK as the channel, and joined....and no one is on? Am I in the right channel? I can't tell...

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out
Edited: 2009-08-24, 5:40 am
ocircle Wrote:
Quote:[14:45] Closing Link: Grog[unknown@67.87.100.76] (Unauthorized connection)
-
[14:45] * Disconnected
??

Oh wait, it's on ircnet. nevermind. I probably bounced because of the "uk"

No, wait, scratch that. I cannot connect.
You can use any of the servers listed at the link, http://www.ircnet.com/index.php?p=5
How many people are present at any one time? Twitter is doing a fine job for me but I might give this IRC thing a try...
Tbh the server is really shithouse

ircnet.eversible.com (6667)
My best luck is connecting to that server