Back

Subs2srs deck downloads

I thought it would be great if we could have a topic where we could share all our Subs2srs decks =D

If you're looking for a good file host, then I suggest http://rapidspread.com . You upload your file to them, and they upload the file to rapidshare, megaupload and loads of other sites, so you don't have to upload to them individually.

Would it me ok to post the links here (I've already uploaded a FFAC deck)? Or should we create an external forum / wiki to post them?

*Edit*
You can find links to the shared decks at the learn any language wiki,
http://learnanylanguage.wikia.com/wiki/Sub2srs_decks
Edited: 2009-06-10, 7:49 am
Great idea. I hope Nii87 start with his deck of the first ep of Death Note Smile

My current PC can't generate decks using sub2srs, but when I fix my laptop I'll upload many decks from J-movies, J-dramas, anime, and some non-Japanese decks.
ahibba Wrote:Great idea. I hope Nii87 start with his deck of the first ep of Death Note Smile

My current PC can't generate decks using sub2srs, but when I fix my laptop I'll upload many decks from J-movies, J-dramas, anime, and some non-Japanese decks.
Please do!
(March 20-31) All Access Pass: 25% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS! 
Coupon: ALLACCESS2017
JapanesePod101
ahibba Wrote:Great idea. I hope Nii87 start with his deck of the first ep of Death Note Smile
Hooray! Someone noticed my post! =)

Filesize is a bit of an issue though. I made a deck with all the video clips so I might get rid of those before uploading. might be a good idea to have a wiki or something instead though to put all the links in a single place. Or this thread, given the go ahead by the admin.
Nii87 Wrote:
Hooray! Someone noticed my post! =)

Filesize is a bit of an issue though. I made a deck with all the video clips so I might get rid of those before uploading. might be a good idea to have a wiki or something instead though to put all the links in a single place. Or this thread, given the go ahead by the admin.
Yeah, I think we better wait till we get permission from ファブリス before we start posting links.

If file size is a problem, you can make an a multi-archive rar/7zip etc then upload each part. If you use something like rapidspread.com it isn't have as annoying since you can download all the parts at the same time through different mirrors.
Regarding the file size, you can follow the instructions of our great programmer cb4960 and create a deck for less than 100 MB like this one (the whole episode 70 MB):

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu sample video Anki deck

cb4960 Wrote:Here is a sample Anki deck showcasing video clips. It is based on the first episode of the anime Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. It contains a snapshot and a video clip for each line of dialog (298 lines total). The snapshots are 1/4 scale and the video is 1/3 scale at a 700 kb/s bitrate. I padded the start and end times of the video clips (but maybe too much).
Is there really a need to share decks? They're not that hard to make. I can see some exceptions such as a special request, but is a store house needed for any and all decks we made?
Nukemarine Wrote:Is there really a need to share decks? They're not that hard to make. I can see some exceptions such as a special request, but is a store house needed for any and all decks we made?
If you don't need them, many people do Smile

Some people can't make them, others have different materials and want to exchange decks, and so on.
Ooh! The wiki thing gave me a good idea! How about a wiki with info on Heisigs method, AJATT, tutorials, links to downloads / resources, etc?

Does anyone know any decent hosting for wikis? Preferably one that won't delete wiki's with grey legal status links...
wikia.com is a good wiki hosting. It hosts this great wiki for learning languages.

I think there is no need to make another wiki. We can use this wiki. I add a page for sub2srs decks:

ahibba Wrote:wikia.com is a good wiki hosting. It hosts this great wiki for learning languages.

I think there is no need to make another wiki. We can use this wiki. I add a page for sub2srs decks:

Whoa awesome =D I added my links for Advent Children aswell =)
For Final Fantasy, is there any way to open a .bin file besides spending money or using illegal software?
Why using illegal software?! There are many "legal" software to open .bin files.
All I have been able to find cost money.
How about Alcohol 52%?

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll put my DN01 deck up when I get the chance.

Nukemarine makes a good point though, what's stopping you guys from making the decks yourself?
Edited: 2009-06-09, 7:50 pm
Nii87 Wrote:How about Alcohol 52%?

I'm at work at the moment, but I'll put my DN01 deck up when I get the chance.

Nukemarine makes a good point though, what's stopping you guys from making the decks yourself?
Lack of material (and the fact that I'm capped atm, so I can't download any new material), mostly. All of the anime I have from my pre-Japanese learning days are hard-subbed so thats a no go. To create a subs2srs deck I would have to
a) download a RAW
b) try and find Japanese subs (which is also relatively difficult)

Its probably more efficient to just download a pre-made deck.

Having said that though, I do have some raw dorama (Trick, Tiger & Dragon, IWGP) that I might turn into decks when I have the time/can find subs. Once I'm uncapped this shouldn't be so much of a problem either.
Anyone interested in Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi (the deer man) drama?
Nukemarine Wrote:Is there really a need to share decks? They're not that hard to make. I can see some exceptions such as a special request, but is a store house needed for any and all decks we made?
Subs2srs is windows-only isn't it? For those of us on mac/linux, shared decks are a big help.

Edit: - I forgot to say a big thank you for the shared decks Smile
Edited: 2009-06-10, 12:04 am
Tis true, if you can only watch a show/anime from streaming, or it's on a DVD then sharing a deck makes sense. However, if there's going to be a shared deck, shouldn't there be a standard on what's offered up?

First the type: Soft means the subs are text, while hard means the subs are image files. I personally would avoid image subs, but others would not mind.

Second is if translation is included: Language used, in addition to soft and hard terms. Again, here I would not care for a translation, but another might want it for reference.

Third the format: I think the 250ms buffer is reasonable. In addition, no filtering based on length or lack of characters. I assume that image and audio files will be included, so the image should be near the default 240:132 (going off memory here).

Does the above sound reasonable as recommendations for standard format. True, one's not forced to follow it, but deviations from the standard should be noted in the link.
cjswanson1355 Wrote:For Final Fantasy, is there any way to open a .bin file besides spending money or using illegal software?
Are you talking about the upload? There isn't a bin, only 7z files...

If you do need to open a .bin file I think 7zip or peazip can open them, not sure.

Nukemarine Wrote:First the type: Soft means the subs are text, while hard means the subs are image files. I personally would avoid image subs, but others would not mind.

Second is if translation is included: Language used, in addition to soft and hard terms. Again, here I would not care for a translation, but another might want it for reference.

Third the format: I think the 250ms buffer is reasonable. In addition, no filtering based on length or lack of characters. I assume that image and audio files will be included, so the image should be near the default 240:132 (going off memory here).
I agree, though maybe 240x132 is a bit small?
320x<depends on aspect ratio> is a good resolution. Same as what stoked is using for his one kanji, one picture thread.

I would vote for generating audio, video, and images for a shared deck. Gives people the option to choose.
mafried Wrote:320x<depends on aspect ratio> is a good resolution. Same as what stoked is using for his one kanji, one picture thread.

I would vote for generating audio, video, and images for a shared deck. Gives people the option to choose.
That sounds about a good size.
ahibba Wrote:Anyone interested in Shikaotoko Aoniyoshi (the deer man) drama?
yes please, I love that drama : D

Thank you so much everyone! I'll see whether I can find something to contribute as well.

Edit: Anyone interested in Nobuta wo Produce?
Edited: 2009-06-10, 9:08 am
pubbie Wrote:* DeathNote1-24
Where did you find the Japanese subtitles for DN?

I found the subs for the first 14 eps only.

Can you upload the subs only?
pubbie Wrote:
saru_yo Wrote:Edit: Anyone interested in Nobuta wo Produce?
I would like me some nobuta plz, the one I have made is pretty incomplete Smile

I'll try uploading some of my own decks.
Most of my decks are mp3 + jpg only, no video (I made most of my stuff before the video feature)

* ClannadAfterStory, NoPics
* ClannadMostEps, NoPics
* DeathNote1-24
** Maou
** Nobuta_wo_Produce (very incomplete)
** Ryuusei No Kizuna
Sasaki Fusai
Tomorrow
* Zettai Kareshi
* Gokusen3
Lost Time Life
ProposalDaisakusen SP only

* = recommended
** = Very recommended

Don't be shy, tell me what you want.
I wasn't going to ever post on koohii again, but this thread has a lot of potential.
I want more subs2srs decks!

I combine the tsv files and use a perl-script to search through them to get nice sentences with mp3+jpg from my favorite shows. This is how I sentence-pick Smile

Edit: Death Note 1-24 can be found on the kitsunekko site: http://kitsunekko.net/JapaneseAnimeSubtitles.aspx
How big is the Death Note deck?