Back

Kanzen Master 2kyuu 文法

Rooboy and Ikemasen send me an email if you want to help out and I can add you to the google spreadsheet.

As for the places marked 意味 接続 we don't need to translate them just the example sentences. My idea is that you should already know what the grammar point means and how it connects to nouns, verbs, etc, so entering it into the spread sheet is not needed.

ghinzdra: I unfortunately don't own any level one books, as i'm focusing on level two, so I personally can't help, but if other people can I encourage you to help! Obviously the quicker we can get things done the better.
if you run a google search using quote marks for one of the example sentences from the kanzen master book (1 kyuu, 2 kyuu, even 3 kyuu) - or, indeed, MANY other grammar texts - you'll get hits from mainly chinese sites where people have typed out all the sentences already.

THERE ARE TYPOS!! so i only suggest doing this for texts you have bought already. that way, you can go through and check for spelling errors AND you're not ripping off the writers / publishers.

believe me, it saves a lot of time and there are LOTS of books that have been already mined ...
skinnyneo Wrote:Rooboy and Ikemasen send me an email if you want to help out and I can add you to the google spreadsheet.

As for the places marked 意味 接続 we don't need to translate them just the example sentences. My idea is that you should already know what the grammar point means and how it connects to nouns, verbs, etc, so entering it into the spread sheet is not needed.

ghinzdra: I unfortunately don't own any level one books, as i'm focusing on level two, so I personally can't help, but if other people can I encourage you to help! Obviously the quicker we can get things done the better.
that's the good point of どんな時どう使う for anyone willing to take the road till its end:
There are 500 grammar points which cover BOTH 1kyuu & 2kyuu....and in a thematic way.
What's more each grammar point has a difficulty level attached (1k - 2k) so it's not like you're going to work more than you have to ....

But otherwise I'm poised to take any other 1kyuu grammar book (like kanzen ) that gathers consensus for the sake of a quick settlement as long as we have a global deal . I'm just eager to save sweat & time .
Sooner or later you're gonna have to buy a 1kyuu book anyway.... and if we proceed this way it will save you time on both 2kyuu (as I'll give my deck away on the spot) and 1kyuu (as we'll be working together on this one)
Edited: 2009-04-13, 8:14 am
(March 20-31) All Access Pass: 25% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS! 
Coupon: ALLACCESS2017
JapanesePod101
I've always wondered about this..
I mean KM 二級 has 173 grammar points, KM 一級 has 105.. a total of 278. So how could どんな時どう使う have 500?
I know several guys who used KM and passed 一級. Nobody had problems with the grammar part. The 聴解 part should be a pain though.
Edited: 2009-04-13, 8:13 am
Actually it's very simple when you took a look at several books:
it depends mainly on how you gather points
KM counts
*every variation of a single point as a single item -for instance について/につき/についても/についての (point 10) -
* and the different fonction of any form as a single item
- ように has at least 2 fonction (some of my teachers used to consider there are 5 of them) but each of them belongs to the same item ように/ような and are distinguinsed only by a letter (A&B)

while most of the books out there count each variation (especially unicom ) and each fonction as a different item.....
Edited: 2009-04-13, 8:23 am
I have added place holders up through grammar point 60. As of right now we have:

Tobberoth: 21-40 (or did you say 20-40?)
Me (Skinnyneo): 41-60

Throw up an update for the points you want to cover.

Good to know about donna toki book covering all the other points. I'll have to compare them when i'm preparing for level 1. But as of right now I don't have the means to purchase additional books. There is a chance that I will inherit a copy from one of my friends taking ikyuu in July, but obviously that will be too late I think for me to pitch in.
very well.. I'll do 61-80
skinnyneo Wrote:I have added place holders up through grammar point 60. As of right now we have:

Tobberoth: 21-40 (or did you say 20-40?)
Me (Skinnyneo): 41-60

Throw up an update for the points you want to cover.

Good to know about donna toki book covering all the other points. I'll have to compare them when i'm preparing for level 1. But as of right now I don't have the means to purchase additional books. There is a chance that I will inherit a copy from one of my friends taking ikyuu in July, but obviously that will be too late I think for me to pitch in.
Yeah, I already did 20 so it's not a problem. I'll put in a few more later today.
@ghinzdra

I'm working on the 完全 1級 right now if you're interested. If this thread doesn't take off then pm me.
I sent you a PM .
完全 1級 is fine by me .I"ll get a copy by the end of the week and then we go full speed.
I've updated all the sentences through 20 and, 41-50.

capital and kerosan41 which sections do you want to do?
I'm interested in the KM2 sentences too (and I have the book).

ghinzdra: I have the "どんな時どう使う" dictionary version that has points from 4-1k. I guess it's different.

I could pick up KM1k next week. I'll have some time to work on it.
In that case I don't mind to release my KM2 deck.
tell me as soon as as possible when you get a copy . I'll have mine by saturday. As soon as we begin the work with stehr on KM1 I'll send my KM2 deck to those who can prove me their ownership of KM2 book.
Edited: 2009-04-14, 11:33 am
cough, http://www.b2b99.com/xx/[Removed by 風]
KM2kyuu is supposed to stop after 173 ... what are the additionnal point here ? is there something similar for 1kyuu?
Edited: 2009-04-14, 12:39 pm
There are some other pages here

http://www.b2b99.com/xx/[Removed by 風]

一级日语文法1/2/3/4 but I don't know if they correspond to KM1 or not.
Vosmiura and spinoz99 have been added.

Great link by the way vosmiura! That will speed things up! Let's all volunteer a section and we can copy and paste from that page, then go back and check for mistakes. With that we should be done by Thursday!
What do you think about adding a kana form to the spreadsheet? Anki's automatic conversion is hit & miss.
I'm not opposed to adding a kana form if other people also want to.

41-60 are done and ready for checking.
Edited: 2009-04-14, 8:17 pm
I own どんな時どう使う and am interested in helping to type it up... if anyone else is.
skinnyneo Wrote:Vosmiura and spinoz99 have been added.

Great link by the way vosmiura! That will speed things up! Let's all volunteer a section and we can copy and paste from that page, then go back and check for mistakes. With that we should be done by Thursday!
I am willing and able to help too.. ^_^

NickT Wrote:I own どんな時どう使う and am interested in helping to type it up... if anyone else is.
Count me in too. Smile I already sent a pm to ghinzdra regarding it. Smile

@ghinzdra

I can help out with どんな時どう使う. I already sent you a pm regarding it. Smile
Edited: 2009-04-15, 3:08 am
Atreya: Send me an email and I'll add you. Also do you own the book?

ghinzdra: I think that I might be able to get a copy of that actually from my friend this weekend who took level 1 last year. I'll send ya an email if I get one.
I did the entire book by myself. It took forever.
esgrove Wrote:I did the entire book by myself. It took forever.
Which one ? do you mean the kanzen or どんな時どう使う ?
because I began to work on kanzen 1kyuu full speed .

about どんな時どう使う let's agree on a definitive decision for this week end.
because if the kanzen I is done by this week end considering there are only 51 days left before the exam I don't think we have much time to waste ...it's either KM or どんな時どう使う .
So I can only advise to those who are pondering about taking the 1kyuu test to work on kanji and READING(which is the most important and difficult part) in the meanwhile....
Edited: 2009-04-15, 5:52 am
i've put all the missing sentences in, and given them a very quick check.
but can someone else please check them?
also, need to add information for # (section number) and grammar point ...
Edited: 2009-04-15, 7:18 am