Back

Japanese Sentence Patterns for Effective Communication.

mafried Wrote:Using the spreadsheet provided by fluxcapacitor, I've generated text-to-speech audio for every sentence in the book using the Misaki voice:

JSPfEC.zip

EDIT: Distribution updated to fixes as of 4 Jul. 2009. I've also removed the .tsv file for now, as I do not believe it is in line with the new forum rules for sharing of copyrighted works.
Necro post Smile

Does anyone have this audio zip? The mediafire link no-longer works Sad
Does anyone what level is that book, is it ok for N3 after I pass Genki 1 and 2?

Or better go for AIAIJ?

Thanks
vebaev Wrote:Does anyone what level is that book, is it ok for N3 after I pass Genki 1 and 2?

Or better go for AIAIJ?

Thanks
If you just finished Genk1+2, I'd highly recommend this book, esp. if you want to jumpstart your speaking. Every one should own a copy of this, IMO. Just understand that its goal is to help you communicate effectively in Japanese with Japanese people by teaching you basic patterns of speech - not teach you all the grammar you need to pass N3 or N2. So I would also get AIAIJ, as it covers a huge volume of material not addressed in JSPEC.
(March 20-31) All Access Pass: 25% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS! 
Coupon: ALLACCESS2017
JapanesePod101
What is AIAIJ?
ktcgx Wrote:What is AIAIJ?
An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese. http://www.amazon.com/Integrated-Appr-In...e+Japanese
Ahhhhh, thanks!
Did anyone knows how many vocab has the book totally?
I am around a third through this book, and am really loving it. This teaching style seems great, although I think it would be great to supplement it with an ANKI deck.

If anyone here has it, would it be possible to please reupload it? I haven't been able to find it anywhere else.

Thank you very much!

Tom
The excel spreadsheet links on the first page still work, you'll have to manually import them into Anki.

At the moment, I am in the processes of amending the deck to provide some production cards, after finding my own production skills to be severely lacking! For production, the cards do not specify exactly what to say -- just the pattern:

Code:
Type    Pattern    Polite Level    Tip    Kanji    Meaning
Pattern    X does not exist    Polite    Existance    食べ物が/はありません。    There isn't any food.
Like the audio deck (with the dead link), the cards have had the endings switched with a mix of formal/informal endings. With the cards looking something like so:

Front:
"X does not exist" (Polite)
There isn't any food. (hidden tip)

Back:
<Front>
Example: 食べ物が/はありません。
There isn't any food.

The idea with the deck is that you aren't pushed into memorising the production of "食べ物はありません", but should be creating similar sentences with the pattern. Would anyone be interested in such a deck?
activeaero Wrote:Example of section 20:

彼の態度はしちょうだったり、大胆だったりします
His attitude is sometimes careful, sometimes bold.

Explanation: "The repeated used of the TARI form of an i-adjective or a na-adjective, followed by the verb suru, expresses alternative states in no particular sequence. It corresponds to the English 'sometimes.....and sometimes....". To obtain the TARI form, add kattari to the stem of i-adjectives, or dattari to the stem of an na-adjective."

It then gives a short list of any new vocabulary words used in the example sentences and that's pretty much it.
Note that the book "Japanese Sentence Patterns for Effective Communication" does also give romaji transcriptions for all the sample sentences, which is most welcome for a lot of readers.
(2014-10-17, 8:48 am)RawToast Wrote: The idea with the deck is that you aren't pushed into memorising the production of "食べ物はありません", but should be creating similar sentences with the pattern. Would anyone be interested in such a deck?

Yes!