Back

Kanji Ryokucha for iPhone & iPad out now!

You may be aware of the Android app I created a couple of years ago -- well this is the new iOS edition.

Kanji Ryokucha is a native client for Kanji Koohii reviewing. Not a replacement for the site, just an extension to enhance the review experience. Its star feature: ability to draw the kanji on the device.

Free and without ads. No strings attached. Get it here.

For those who used the Android app: how is this one different?
- Prettier UI, better user experience
- Learned status of failed kanji is synchronized with the site, which means it will work across devices
- Study phase feature can be switched off (to make failed cards go directly to the red pile)
On the minus side: stroke order animations come from Kanji Alive, which means they're not available for many kanji. This can definitely be improved on a future release.

Enjoy!!!!!

Feel free to make suggestions or report issues.
Congratulations! Didn't expect the app to get approved this quickly. Stickied!
I tried the app. It is very usefull! If I may suggest a small improvement the flip back command under option is not very user friendly (I use it very often, maybe an arrow on the screen will speed up the review). Good work!
May 15 - 26: Pretty Big Deal: Get 31% OFF Premium & Premium PLUS! CLICK HERE
JapanesePod101
(Yesterday, 12:46 am)bisbiglio Wrote: I tried the app. It is very usefull! If I may suggest a small improvement the flip back command under option is not very user friendly (I use it very often, maybe an arrow on the screen will speed up the review). Good work!

Hi bisbiglio, thanks!
I think other people might use other options frequently and it would be hard to keep everyone happy without cluttering the screen... that being said, there is probably a natural place for a flip back button: the white area below -- where the card's front has the flip button.