I don't have the time for this right now.
I'll give up moving servers and I think I'll just buy a SSL cert on current hosting.
I'm just really busy atm, sorry it's taking forever.
You have another option if you don't want to pay for certificates (IIRC from what I read some time ago): generating let's encrypt ones on your own machine, then importing them on the server. It's not straightforward and you'll lose all the automated goodness, but it's an option.
It's $10 a year for a simple SSL certificate. I use Let's Encrypt a ton too but ... $10 ... a year ... certainly your time is worth more than that.
It's not 10 $ for a three domain SSL cert afaik,and moving servers wasn't just for Let's Encrypt. But moving servers is not really necessary. HG sells a 3 domain ssl cert which is what i originally calculated in the Patreon goal, so that's covered anyway.
Things are moving ahead finally.
I bought 3 domains "multi domain SSL" for 1 year.
I will have to test on a copy of the site before enabling. I have to look into Google for how to best to handle the transition without hurting traffic, and how to set up the redirects properly (302 ? etc).
Thanks for your patience, sorry I had a lots of things going on lately.
Edited: 2017-05-19, 11:31 am
Sorry about the delay. Bought the certificate Friday. Still is not installed by the webhost, so I haven't been able to even test the site on https yet.