We can. In fact I've been wanting to add custom indexes to Kanji Koohii ever since I add 6th edition support. The problem is I'm always overwhelmed with fixes and other things. If people can help me with the data, then I can implement it into the site.
, since I added 6th Edition Support, I've had to refactor all the SQL queries on the site to go through an additional table to, in programming terms, "map" the "internal" / Study pages index which I call sequence, to an arbitrary sequence of kanji. So atm we have two arbitrary sequences of kanji : RTK 5th edition, and RTK 6th edition.
The two supported sequences just happen to be very similar, so it looks like I only support "RTK" but in theory, I can add JLPT, KKLD, or even "RTK Lite".
Here is how it would work:
- We already have a "Sequence" selection page : http://kanji.koohii.com/account/sequence
This page mentions RTK but it technically sets the sequence, and I can add more sequences
- If we add a new sequence, then this page needs to be more RTK Agnostic. Now I would call a sequence a "goal" and the Check Progress would be replaced with a progress bar towards that goal (ie. current active sequence).
- The Study pages would be ordered by the sequence, this works
- Manage pages .. there's likely a bit of work there as I have a bunch of RTK specific code in some places but nothing too difficult
- Flashcards : already accept all the CJK unified ideograph so all the KKLD characters can be added
Is there a KKLD PDF sample like the RTK sample I can look at ?
If anybody's motivated to contribute and help me implement this, what I need is a spreadsheet (tabular data), with:
- sequence # (starts at 1)
- kanji (or UCS-2 code)
I'm not sure yet how I would handle keywords. I would start with just using the RTK keywords already in place which is probably better for the Shared Stories...