Back

MCD bulk creation

Nevermind, I think that I've found a solution, but I'm not quite sure yet. I'll post it when and if I understand how to realize it and if it really works.
Edited: 2017-02-10, 5:31 am
Where did you get the MCD deck, if you don't mind me asking?
(2017-02-09, 6:58 pm)ForgettableFury Wrote: Where did you get the MCD deck, if you don't mind me asking?

He likely just made his own since MCD is about personalizing (putting enough context to know what the deleted info happens to be).
(March 20-31) All Access Pass: 25% OFF Basic, Premium & Premium PLUS! 
Coupon: ALLACCESS2017
JapanesePod101
(2017-02-09, 11:25 am)cophnia61 Wrote: Nevermind, I think that I've found a solution, but I'm not quite sure yet. I'll post it when and if I understand how to realize it and if it really works.

You deleted you example, but from I remember you were doing MCB's not MCD's, right?

If you mean MCD's, there is a cool way to do it with an Incremental reading chrome extension called Buboflash.

This is the intro video of how the program works:

You first make an annotation, and then create a flashcard in MCD format by pressing the "occlusion" button after choosing the word/sentence/grammar point you wish to test yourself on.

This is a video of how to export flashcards into anki:

The export will be in CSV format. Here are my examples that I just created if you want to take a look.

Source of my examples: https://www.coscom.co.jp/newsweather/wea...nki-c.html

Hope this helps. Big Grin
RawrPk, yeah sorry , instead of adding an edit, I deleted the previous post ._.
Thank you for your suggestion, it's almost exatly what I need! The only problem is that it doesn't add dictionary definition for the words, which is something that I need :/
So in the end I think I'll do something similar myself, but with epwing integration, I'll post it here when I'll do it, in the hope this will be useful to other users too!
(2017-02-11, 9:15 am)cophnia61 Wrote: RawrPk, yeah sorry , instead of adding an edit, I deleted the previous post ._.
Thank you for your suggestion, it's almost exatly what I need! The only problem is that it doesn't add dictionary definition for the words, which is something that I need :/
So in the end I think I'll do something similar myself, but with epwing integration, I'll post it here when I'll do it, in the hope this will be useful to other users too!
Not entirely sure what the first post was, but what about using two tools simultaniously.

So using buboflash for getting the big text passages for the context and cloze deletion and for all parts where you need definitions use Yomichan. It should be relatively easy to combine the result of both tools. [my assumption is that both Chrome extensions can be used in one window]

That would work as long as "bulk" doesn't mean automized card creation, but I think it makes anyway more sense to actively select the vocab you want to learn.
(2017-02-11, 1:58 pm)Matthias Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 9:15 am)cophnia61 Wrote: RawrPk, yeah sorry , instead of adding an edit, I deleted the previous post ._.
Not entirely sure what the first post was, but what about using two tools simultaniously.

So using buboflash for getting the big text passages for the context and cloze deletion and for all parts where you need definitions use Yomichan. It should be relatively easy to combine the result of both tools. [my assumption is that both Chrome extensions can be used in one window]

That would work as long as "bulk" doesn't mean automized card creation, but I think it makes anyway more sense to actively select the vocab you want to learn.

Matthias you're right, this would be the best solution!
In fact I've already tried it but unfortunately Yomichan gives me some issues with epwing dictionaries :/
(2017-02-11, 2:17 pm)cophnia61 Wrote:
(2017-02-11, 1:58 pm)Matthias Wrote:

Matthias you're right, this would be the best solution!
In fact I've already tried it but unfortunately Yomichan gives me some issues with epwing dictionaries :/

Another way to do this is like Matthias states about how "bulk" doesn't mean automated card creation.

1. Use buboflash as stated before with collecting large passages with clozed delete. Export as CSV.
  2. Use rikaisama's "Save to File" feature (press "S" when desired word is highlighted/hover) to save all the desired definitions into a .txt file.
  3. Open the buboflash CSV spreadsheet and the rikaisama .txt file using a spreadsheet program.
  4. Copy/paste buboflash text into the rikaisama file. Save.
  5. Import the file into anki with appropriate fields.

After all of that, you should have something like this (click image for bigger view) :

[Image: ZD8hccI.png]

Hope this helps. Smile
Thank RawrPk for the suggestion!
As my sister is studying english I think this app will be of great help to her too xD